Certain Images display resolution changes & shrinks after being uploaded to the forum.

Tech_Dreamer
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

The forum resizes images to reduce the amount of data that needs to be sent, and it was configured with a max size of 1000x750px. I have bumped that up to 1000x1500 for you, but I won't increase it further unless I can be convinced that it's necessary and beneficial.

3 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

there used to be a image resize handle before a FF update & a forum update.

That was just a FF update, and scaling an image up beyond the initial size would mean that it gets stretched, with each image pixel being used for multiple screen pixels.

Found something interesting. But it's kind of annoying so posting about it.

The original PNG image resolution as it is from the windows file details

1049988914_Imageresolutiondifference.PNG.76a83d2f743432c23e6413cd530414e1.PNG

After uploading resolution size from forum image settings.

777938556_imagesizedifference.PNG.894e0ab8e9ab96192cbaac15d8fbb9b0.PNG

This is for the initial post display alone!  if you click the image & zoom in or click it to open in new tab you can get to see it in full resolution as uploaded. But these are additional steps in place in-order to see image in a large form.

But thing is , it looks like this(image below as example) in the meanwhile, the ratio is down sized into a smaller window. where images horizontal width doesn't spread out or widen itself to fit. the width seems to constrain heavily. it's alright for most images , but if images have small sized text in them, it'll get lost.

1649908919_forumimagewidth.thumb.png.80fbc0d46822a6cff43c20d806c88ad4.png

you cannot increase the image size beyond that given res as shown on one of the above pics.so you get stuck with this as is on the page display.

Not that it needs to be big large res as it is , nor it need to be filled in the whole width of the post frame window. but if there was a manual resolution option available , instead of that res lock. it would be nice. there used to be a image resize handle before a FF update & a forum update. in which you can drag & resize image manually, worked on small images too , enough to stretch it beyond its original res. wish we had that feature back.

Details separate people.

The forum resizes images to reduce the amount of data that needs to be sent, and it was configured with a max size of 1000x750px. I have bumped that up to 1000x1500 for you, but I won't increase it further unless I can be convinced that it's necessary and beneficial.

3 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

there used to be a image resize handle before a FF update & a forum update.

That was just a FF update, and scaling an image up beyond the initial size would mean that it gets stretched, with each image pixel being used for multiple screen pixels.

HTTP/2 203

I have bumped that up to 1000x1500 for you, but I won't increase it further unless I can be convinced that it's necessary and beneficial.

YAY!

1225846942_DennisThankYouLoveyoumeme.PNG.74169e8191d69fc034a14a60dcc77314.PNG

Details separate people.