Is wearing over ear headphones bad in public?

KING OF THE DIRTY DANS
Go to solution Solved by mr cheese,

I mean, I'm partial because I myself wear OtE headphones in public but only because that's all that I have. You don't look like an antisocial douche more than anyone else, but if you're in a place where conversation could be had (e.g. a classroom in the morning, at a table in a restaurant waiting for a server, walking up to a counter to order things) it's a good idea to drop the headphones to your shoulders and be aware. The headphones don't make you look like an antisocial douche, your body language and responses do, so don't worry

I wear mine everywhere, but I'm starting to think its bad, because they make you look an antisocial douche.

Is that true, if so, what do I do.

I have bad luck with earbuds dying, and I don't want to buy Powerbeats or Airpods for one side to die.

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

I mean, I'm partial because I myself wear OtE headphones in public but only because that's all that I have. You don't look like an antisocial douche more than anyone else, but if you're in a place where conversation could be had (e.g. a classroom in the morning, at a table in a restaurant waiting for a server, walking up to a counter to order things) it's a good idea to drop the headphones to your shoulders and be aware. The headphones don't make you look like an antisocial douche, your body language and responses do, so don't worry

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

Yep, it depends on where you use your headphones. You just need to know when to drop it and when to use it. You don't look like an anti-social douche, you just look like you want people to leave you alone.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

why would it be bad, you want to listen t something you use headphones public or private is the same for me, the alternative is blasting the music in your phone :D

if you are in a place where you need to be aware or to interact, the things change.