PS5 general discussion

Ayush007
Go to solution Solved by Gohardgrandpa,

Here’s my guess for the ps5. 

Sony will launch at $399 to steal the lower end customers from Microsoft with them launching at $499-$599. It will be twice the power of the ps4 pro but will be weaker then the Xbox series x. 
Microsoft will throw around the most advanced highest power console ever and Sony is ok with that due to the price being cheaper they will sell way more units then Microsoft at launch and over the life span of the system. 

Sony has better exclusives so I’m buying it on launch day. I could care less about it being weaker. If we get 4k 60fps I’ll be happy. Most people have shit 4K TVs that can’t take advantage of over 60fps anyways. 

Microsoft will try to push 8k this and 8k that knowing damn well the system can’t push it. Since they advertise with Samsung they will try to push the new TVs out that the common person can’t afford. Microsoft is gonna go full on Apple with this console launch. I could care less about 8k, the whole Netflix library isn’t in 4K yet and 8k is gonna take forever to reach the point that 4K is at now. 

I could also see Microsoft launch a console without a disc drive that’s weaker (same as ps5) for the same price as the ps5. 

It’s all a waiting game and this is what I think is gonna happen. We’ll all find out soon enough tho. 

I will say I’m very happy to see the consoles getting a good cpu and not some shit laptop cpu like the current gen has now. I mainly play on pc but I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one s in the house that gets used everyday.

My only bias here is the ps exclusives. I play the show everyday which is coming to Xbox, they already announced that but the last of us, uncharted and god of war keep me with Sony. Could care less for gears, halo hasn’t been the same since 3, state of decay I don’t like and forza is boring compared to asseto Corsa with a VR headset on pc. 

1 minute ago, wolfxtr3m said:

It can change from game to game, example even tho I predicted GTA V ending the game is emmersive enough to keep me playing till the end, now on a game like Croixleur Sigma, the game is fun to play cuz its a diffrent game, diffrent mechanics but it becomes really repetitive and the ending is like really obvious, so after a while I just dropped the game, good thing about Croixleur is that is a small game so when it becomes boring and repetitive you have already finished it.

Now on the other hand, the original crysis was amazing on all points, you can't predict how the end is going to end and it's emersive enough to keep you playing to the end. Same with mirror's edge both original and the 2nd one, storywise is kinda predictable but is emersive enough to keep you playing till the end and doesn't get that repetitive since the cenarios keep changing specially on the original.

Hahaha ok

okay!!!!

Great !  I got u genius ??

2 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Hahaha ok

okay!!!!

Great !  I got u genius ??

Den why u play gta SA again n again !!!

On 1/4/2020 at 6:53 AM, minibois said:

I'm just hoping for backwards compatibility (PS3 might be a bit hopeful, PS4 perhaps, PS2 and PS1 compatibility should really be there).

Also hoping for an optical drive, for this compatibility.

Mostly hoping it's not a full digital console, but not holding out my breath for it

PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4, but that's it as far as anyone knows right now.  PS3 BC probably isn't going to happen.  Optical drive is certain.  

It is a bit absurd that PS4 and PS5 won't be able to play discs from PS1 and PS2.  Just about any PC can play from PS1/2 discs via emulator.  

1 hour ago, Ayush007 said:

Den why u play gta SA again n again !!!

I like to go back to play online most of the times XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

42 minutes ago, TopherMan said:

PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4, but that's it as far as anyone knows right now.  PS3 BC probably isn't going to happen.  Optical drive is certain.  

It is a bit absurd that PS4 and PS5 won't be able to play discs from PS1 and PS2.  Just about any PC can play from PS1/2 discs via emulator.  

Ps2 sure you can emulate but not all PC's will handle well, on the other hand PS1 works wonders. I guess Sony kinda wanted as intended on the original PS3Phat all games wold be runned via hardware and not emulation, but that didn't went too well, it was one of the reasons why ps3 was expensive at lunch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

46 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Ps2 sure you can emulate but not all PC's will handle well, on the other hand PS1 works wonders. I guess Sony kinda wanted as intended on the original PS3Phat all games wold be runned via hardware and not emulation, but that didn't went too well, it was one of the reasons why ps3 was expensive at lunch

PCSX2 recommended system requirements are fairly low.  Core series or Ryzen CPU, 4GB RAM, and GPU with DX11 support .  But yeah, not all PCs are going to perform great, but any PC the last few years should be able to run it fine.

The PS3's Cell processor was extremely complex compared to traditional CPUs and Sony decided a while back to put no effort into emulating it, apparently.   This is a big reason why PS Now exists.  I expect Sony is dedicated to that service for everything regarding PS3.  

2 hours ago, TopherMan said:

Because they want you to buy the games again digitally. At least Microsoft shamed them into having to support PS4 on the PS5.

1 hour ago, TopherMan said:

PCSX2 recommended system requirements are fairly low.  Core series or Ryzen CPU, 4GB RAM, and GPU with DX11 support .  But yeah, not all PCs are going to perform great, but any PC the last few years should be able to run it fine.

The PS3's Cell processor was extremely complex compared to traditional CPUs and Sony decided a while back to put no effort into emulating it, apparently.   This is a big reason why PS Now exists.  I expect Sony is dedicated to that service for everything regarding PS3.  

I have never been very pleased with PCSX2 when trying to play a full game on it using a Xeon E3-1231v3 + 16GB DDR3 2400 + GTX 970 with the game isos on the same partition as the emulator (performance really seems to nosedive if the iso is on a separate partition). It always looks great when you play a game for five minutes on it and see what it would look like rendered at 1080p or 4k, but I have yet to seriously play a game on PCSX2 (eg for a few hours) where I didn't run across annoying texture bugs, load stutters, small sound issues, etc., so I ended up just buying a real PS2.

7 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Because they want you to buy the games again digitally. At least Microsoft shamed them into having to support PS4 on the PS5.

Not sure if that was due to shaming or just common sense.   They are not moving from some exotic architecture to x86 this time.  It is just an upgrade from AMD to AMD.  Backwards compatibility is literally a switch in the bios according to the patents.  If they launched PS5 without PS4 compatibility when Xbox will have BC with X1 and partial BC with 360 and OG Xbox then that would be a disastrous launch a la the "used games" fiasco with Xbox One.

And I would agree that they want you to buy the PS2 and PS1 games again digitally except for the fact that there are barely even any of the PS1 and PS2 games available for purchase on PS4.  Seems for the most part Sony just doesn't care.

11 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I have never been very pleased with PCSX2 when trying to play a full game on it using a Xeon E3-1231v3 + 16GB DDR3 2400 + GTX 970 with the game isos on the same partition as the emulator (performance really seems to nosedive if the iso is on a separate partition). It always looks great when you play a game for five minutes on it and see what it would look like rendered at 1080p or 4k, but I have yet to seriously play a game on PCSX2 (eg for a few hours) where I didn't run across annoying texture bugs, load stutters, small sound issues, etc., so I ended up just buying a real PS2.

Strange.  I played Persona 4 almost all the way through.  Never had any problems. 

1 hour ago, TopherMan said:

RPCS3 doesn't seem to require high-end hardware, and it's compatible with a lot of PS3 games.

I'd argue the hard part is emulating the Cell's infrastructure. Once that's done, achieving performance should be simple enough because the nature of the processor forces developers to write high performance code which applies to any processor.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

RPCS3 doesn't seem to require high-end hardware, and it's compatible with a lot of PS3 games.

I'd argue the hard part is emulating the Cell's infrastructure. Once that's done, achieving performance should be simple enough because the nature of the processor forces developers to write high performance code which applies to any processor.

I agree. I think a lot of devs focused on programming targeting the PPU and the RSX like a typical system.  But RSX was underpowered from what I understand and you really had to utilize the SPUs in the Cell.  I believe that is why so many third party games looked like crap while first party (Naughty Dog's Uncharted, for example) look incredible.

21 minutes ago, TopherMan said:

Strange.  I played Persona 4 almost all the way through.  Never had any problems. 

Hmm... never played P4 on it, but P3FES was a mess on PCSX2. For instance, the minimap would always be completely screwed up in Tartarus.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Hmm... never played P4 on it, but P3FES was a mess on PCSX2. For instance, the minimap would always be completely screwed up in Tartarus.

Ah....ok.  Very strange.   I played P3 on PSP.  That was an awesome game.

53 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

51 minutes ago, TopherMan said:

Ah....ok.  Very strange.   I played P3 on PSP.  That was an awesome game.

I played P3FES and I totally get it, sure you can use PCSX2 but it's never feels it gives correctly. Though I prefer P3P ver. since it's more up to date and you can controll your ally's movements.

I no longer have need for PCSX2 cuz I was able to get a FMCB card for my OG Ps2 ?

2 hours ago, wolfxtr3m said:

I played P3FES and I totally get it, sure you can use PCSX2 but it's never feels it gives correctly. Though I prefer P3P ver. since it's more up to date and you can controll your ally's movements.

I no longer have need for PCSX2 cuz I was able to get a FMCB card for my OG Ps2 ?

I did a couple of playthroughs of P3FES on PS3 to get to Elizabeth, never managed to beat her though. Then I tried it on PCSX2 since there is a patch to control all party members like you can in Persona 4 and beyond (god it was frustrating seeing Mitsuru constantly cast Marin Karin at the dumbest times) and that patch screwed up regen effects after battles, but even with it off the minimap was messed up in Tartarus and the textboxes looked pretty weird, eg a ton of jaggies. PCSX2 has to be about the most disappointing emulator out there because it's so close to being awesome but I guess got abandoned or something because annoying bugs never seem to get fixed.

Well CES 2020 was disappointing. They showed up just to show off the logo and say it has a ssd and a 4K blu ray drive? I thought they would of showed the actual console, they are being really secretive about this one and I hope they have a trick up their sleeve. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

They make it simple, staying with numbers

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x