Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ayush007

PS5 general discussion

Here鈥檚 my guess for the ps5.聽

Sony will launch at $399 to steal the lower end customers from Microsoft with them launching聽at $499-$599. It will be twice the power聽of the ps4 pro but will be weaker then the Xbox series x.聽
Microsoft will throw around the most advanced highest power console ever and Sony is ok with that due to the price being cheaper they will sell way more units then Microsoft at launch and over the life span of the system.聽

Sony has better exclusives so I鈥檓 buying it on launch day. I could care less about it being weaker. If we get 4k 60fps I鈥檒l be happy. Most people have shit 4K TVs that can鈥檛 take advantage of over 60fps anyways.聽


Microsoft will try to push 8k this and 8k that knowing damn well the system can鈥檛 push it. Since they advertise with Samsung they will try to push the new TVs out that the common person can鈥檛 afford. Microsoft is gonna go full on Apple with聽this console launch. I could care less about 8k, the whole Netflix library isn鈥檛 in 4K yet and 8k is gonna take forever to reach the point that 4K is at now.聽

I could also see Microsoft launch a console without a disc drive that鈥檚 weaker (same as ps5) for the same price as the ps5.聽

It鈥檚 all a waiting game and this is what I think is gonna happen. We鈥檒l all find out soon enough tho.聽

I will say I鈥檓 very happy to see the consoles getting a good cpu and not some shit laptop cpu like the current gen has聽now. I mainly play on pc but I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one s in the house that gets used everyday.

My only bias here is the ps exclusives. I play the show everyday which is coming to Xbox,聽they already announced that but the last of us, uncharted and god of war keep me with Sony. Could care less for gears, halo hasn鈥檛 been the same since 3, state of decay I don鈥檛 like and forza is聽boring compared to asseto Corsa with a VR headset on pc.聽

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) Original PosterOP

Anyone who鈥檚 excited for Sony next gen console. Wht expectation have u made regarding next gen.

Intuition聽regarding 聽PS5 launch date (holiday 2020)馃憞馃憞馃憞馃憞

6D4D7C4B-3F4F-4F21-B63F-B2E1A36ECE4F.jpeg

34C04D76-C886-4559-AC5A-BCB126E2FF9B.jpeg

Edited by Ayush007
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its nearly a year til its relased. You cant draw any conclusions yet when we know next to nothing about the console.


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just hoping for backwards compatibility (PS3 might be a bit hopeful, PS4 perhaps, PS2 and PS1 compatibility should really be there).

Also hoping for an optical drive, for this compatibility.

Mostly hoping it's not a full digital console, but not holding out my breath for it


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking off"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
45 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

There aren't really any opinions to be had as no details have been announced.

Dear Vitamanic,

Thnx for taking interest in my section.

I realised after reading your comment tht I forgot to add some headline in order to avoid any kind of misunderstanding 馃槉.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Dear Vitamanic,

Thnx for taking interest in my section.

I realised after reading your comment tht I forgot to add some headline in order to avoid any kind of misunderstanding 馃槉.

No problem, that makes more sense!

I can say as someone on the outside looking in, backwards compatibility for at least PS4 HAS to be there from launch. I think it would be a huge misstep if it isn't.聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

No problem, that makes more sense!

I can say as someone on the outside looking in, backwards compatibility for at least PS4 HAS to be there from launch. I think it would be a huge misstep if it isn't.聽

I hope they will provide backward compatibility,

as there are many ps4 titles聽,gamers want to play on next gen.

Improving their 聽past mistakes which they have made in previous gen, thts wht R&D team do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, -Kriss- said:

Its nearly a year til its relased. You cant draw any conclusions yet when we know next to nothing about the console.

Thnx kriss,

for taking interest in my section,

what conclusion have u drawn???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if Sony plans to go back to e3 this year they are now with they're own show: State of Play.聽

But I guess it would be awesome if they聽announce the PS5 in September to make 20yrs from the release of PS One and lunch on November 15 to make 25yrs since the original lunch in Australia.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Don't know if Sony plans to go back to e3 this year they are now with they're own show: State of Play.聽

But I guess it would be awesome if they聽announce the PS5 in September to make 20yrs from the release of PS One and lunch on November 15 to make 25yrs since the original lunch in Australia.

Yea we all are pretty much excited to put our hands on next gen console.

Although right now 聽your mordern gaming rig is much powerful then next gen console but still Sony exclusives provide best experience to the players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Yea we all are pretty much excited to put our hands on next gen console.

Although right now 聽your mordern gaming rig is much powerful then next gen console but still Sony exclusives provide best experience to the players.

Still I really like to see consoles in general, they are able so squeaze all power from it and they get a great price, not all people want to cough 1000鈧+ currency for a new pc / hardware

Plus consoles keep releasing games and optimize them, and the fact that you can enjoy VR from a console that was released 7yrs ago and gpu's from that time at that time that could run VR would be way over then the 400鈧 the ps4 was at lunch


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 5:53 AM, minibois said:

I'm just hoping for backwards compatibility (PS3 might be a bit hopeful, PS4 perhaps, PS2 and PS1 compatibility should really be there).

Also hoping for an optical drive, for this compatibility.

Mostly hoping it's not a full digital console, but not holding out my breath for it

It will have a 4k bluray drive

source:聽https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/


My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 聽Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition 聽GPU:聽EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11 聽SSD:聽Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 聽HDD0:聽HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM 聽HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM 聽CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro 聽PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

Link to post
Share on other sites

The rumors of a 9.2 TFLOPS RDNA2 gpu in it have made me hold off buying a new gpu this year. If this comes true then I'd just rather save聽the $450 I was thinking of spending on a 2060 Super and buy a PS5 at launch, especially considering the officially confirmed 8C/16T Zen 2 cpu sounds like it might be quite a bit better than my 4C/8T Xeon. Because I can't see anything less than 2060 Super / 5700 XT aging worth a shit if that rumor holds, and gpu prices are so perverse right now. Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to a rumor like that, but Digital Foundry seems to be taking it seriously so maybe there is something to it.


My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 聽Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition 聽GPU:聽EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11 聽SSD:聽Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 聽HDD0:聽HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM 聽HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM 聽CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro 聽PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer

Here鈥檚 my guess for the ps5.聽

Sony will launch at $399 to steal the lower end customers from Microsoft with them launching聽at $499-$599. It will be twice the power聽of the ps4 pro but will be weaker then the Xbox series x.聽
Microsoft will throw around the most advanced highest power console ever and Sony is ok with that due to the price being cheaper they will sell way more units then Microsoft at launch and over the life span of the system.聽

Sony has better exclusives so I鈥檓 buying it on launch day. I could care less about it being weaker. If we get 4k 60fps I鈥檒l be happy. Most people have shit 4K TVs that can鈥檛 take advantage of over 60fps anyways.聽


Microsoft will try to push 8k this and 8k that knowing damn well the system can鈥檛 push it. Since they advertise with Samsung they will try to push the new TVs out that the common person can鈥檛 afford. Microsoft is gonna go full on Apple with聽this console launch. I could care less about 8k, the whole Netflix library isn鈥檛 in 4K yet and 8k is gonna take forever to reach the point that 4K is at now.聽

I could also see Microsoft launch a console without a disc drive that鈥檚 weaker (same as ps5) for the same price as the ps5.聽

It鈥檚 all a waiting game and this is what I think is gonna happen. We鈥檒l all find out soon enough tho.聽

I will say I鈥檓 very happy to see the consoles getting a good cpu and not some shit laptop cpu like the current gen has聽now. I mainly play on pc but I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one s in the house that gets used everyday.

My only bias here is the ps exclusives. I play the show everyday which is coming to Xbox,聽they already announced that but the last of us, uncharted and god of war keep me with Sony. Could care less for gears, halo hasn鈥檛 been the same since 3, state of decay I don鈥檛 like and forza is聽boring compared to asseto Corsa with a VR headset on pc.聽


CPU:Ryzen 5 3600x

Mobo:聽MSI B450 Tomahawk

Cooler:聽Corsair h100i rgb platinum

Fans: 2聽Corsair ml120 rgb, 3 Corsair ml140聽Rgb

GPU:聽Xfx Rx5700聽

Ram:聽16gb Corsair Vengeance Rgb Pro 3600

Case:聽Coolermaster mastercase 5

PSU:聽Corsair RM650X

Storage:聽500gb Wd Blue SSD, 500gb Samsung 860聽

Display:聽Acer Nitro VG271, 144hz IPS聽

Mouse:聽Logitech G703

Keyboard:聽Razer ornata chroma聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Here鈥檚 my guess for the ps5.聽

Sony will launch at $399 to steal the lower end customers from Microsoft with them launching聽at $499-$599. It will be twice the power聽of the ps4 pro but will be weaker then the Xbox series x.聽
Microsoft will throw around the most advanced highest power console ever and Sony is ok with that due to the price being cheaper they will sell way more units then Microsoft at launch and over the life span of the system.聽

Sony has better exclusives so I鈥檓 buying it on launch day. I could care less about it being weaker. If we get 4k 60fps I鈥檒l be happy. Most people have shit 4K TVs that can鈥檛 take advantage of over 60fps anyways.聽


Microsoft will try to push 8k this and 8k that knowing damn well the system can鈥檛 push it. Since they advertise with Samsung they will try to push the new TVs out that the common person can鈥檛 afford. Microsoft is gonna go full on Apple with聽this console launch. I could care less about 8k, the whole Netflix library isn鈥檛 in 4K yet and 8k is gonna take forever to reach the point that 4K is at now.聽

I could also see Microsoft launch a console without a disc drive that鈥檚 weaker (same as ps5) for the same price as the ps5.聽

It鈥檚 all a waiting game and this is what I think is gonna happen. We鈥檒l all find out soon enough tho.聽

I will say I鈥檓 very happy to see the consoles getting a good cpu and not some shit laptop cpu like the current gen has聽now. I mainly play on pc but I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one s in the house that gets used everyday.

My only bias here is the ps exclusives. I play the show everyday which is coming to Xbox,聽they already announced that but the last of us, uncharted and god of war keep me with Sony. Could care less for gears, halo hasn鈥檛 been the same since 3, state of decay I don鈥檛 like and forza is聽boring compared to asseto Corsa with a VR headset on pc.聽

Dear Gohardgrandpa,

I totally agree with your point ,

The reason why People stick with playstation is exclusives , I mean Sony is smart tht they don鈥檛 launch there titles in pc.

Thts why players have more value for play station then Microsoft.

I wish Ps5聽price will be 聽much cheaper then Microsoft.

Crossing my fingers 馃馃徎馃馃徎馃馃徎馃馃徎馃馃徎.

bdw will next gen console support 3k 3440*1440p monitor resolution???

your cordially聽

Ayush

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Dear Gohardgrandpa,

I totally agree with your point ,

The reason why People stick with playstation is exclusives , I mean Sony is smart tht they don鈥檛 launch there titles in pc.

Thts why players have more value for play station then Microsoft.

I wish Ps5聽price will be 聽much cheaper then Microsoft.

Crossing my fingers 馃馃徎馃馃徎馃馃徎馃馃徎馃馃徎.

bdw will next gen console support 3k 3440*1440p monitor resolution???

your cordially聽

Ayush

Some people use a monitor to play ps4 and Im pretty sure that if the ps4pro supports 4k video, so I'm pretty sure that next gen consoles will be at 4K resolutions Both PS and XBox, well at least according to their gen to gen video resolution


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
31 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Some people use a monitor to play ps4 and Im pretty sure that if the ps4pro supports 4k video, so I'm pretty sure that next gen consoles will be at 4K resolutions Both PS and XBox, well at least according to their gen to gen video resolution

Yea generally players use there monitor for console gaming also , so if someone have 3k ultra wide monitor will it support it or only 4k or above??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Yea generally players use there monitor for console gaming also , so if someone have 3k ultra wide monitor will it support it or only 4k or above??

I belive that it will support, example the ps4 most games run at 900p and 1080, and yet you can plug the ps4 into a 720p Tv and it will still work.

the resolution of the display usually dosent matter since normally the source video output usually detects the resolution of the display


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

I belive that it will support, example the ps4 most games run at 900p and 1080, and yet you can plug the ps4 into a 720p Tv and it will still work.

the resolution of the display usually dosent matter since normally the source video output usually detects the resolution of the display

So what r u planning??

upgrade your PC machine or buy next gen console ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Microsoft will try to push 8k this and 8k that knowing damn well the system can鈥檛 push it. Since they advertise with Samsung they will try to push the new TVs out that the common person can鈥檛 afford. Microsoft is gonna go full on Apple with聽this console launch. I could care less about 8k, the whole Netflix library isn鈥檛 in 4K yet and 8k is gonna take forever to reach the point that 4K is at now.聽

I could also see Microsoft launch a console without a disc drive that鈥檚 weaker (same as ps5) for the same price as the ps5.聽

8k is for video, MS has said as much.聽I don't think MS will聽plan on even trying to game at 8k. I guess they could make a simple mini game just to say you did it.聽 The only reason to think they will push 8k gaming is if you think that PC hardware is much further along than it currently聽is.

I could see MS pricing the discloses version $50 less than the PS5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

So what r u planning??

upgrade your PC machine or buy next gen console ??

Not planning on anything really, but rn I would rather choose a next gen console, my pc can already run last gen games (keep in mid that must be on low settings) and my last conse is a ps vita and a ps2 so yeah it would be great to get a new console plus it will have blu-ray XL reader 馃榿


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Not planning on anything really, but rn I would rather choose a next gen console, my pc can already run last gen games (keep in mid that must be on low settings) and my last conse is a ps vita and a ps2 so yeah it would be great to get a new console plus it will have blu-ray XL reader 馃榿

Good choice聽

I guess you 聽are not into gaming tht much right???

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Good choice聽

I guess you 聽are not into gaming tht much right???

I used to play a lot more, latelly the games feels like they are reapeating one after another may change the cenario but storywise all too predictable, unless is like some new game in the series like tekken 7 cuz it jus continues the story. I did play Seikiro and聽FF XV, they are both interesting but always just to a certain point cuz it feels like it's reapeating all over again. Yeah sure racing games are the same, but for some reason I came to like racing games like Forza Horizon, gets me bored after a while but like minecraft, it just keeps me going back.

Unless It's a really unique game in my prespective games in general feel way too repetitive. A unique one for me is a game like Burnout3, a racing game where you have crash events to get the most damage value. Or like Ridge Racer where you can drift so easilly that becomes fun to go corner after corner at high speeds and just drift it. Or even the first time you play a persona game, it's unique it felt awesome having a double life going to school and fighting shadows in a time/space where no one else knows.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

I used to play a lot more, latelly the games feels like they are reapeating one after another may change the cenario but storywise all too predictable, unless is like some new game in the series like tekken 7 cuz it jus continues the story. I did play Seikiro and聽FF XV, they are both interesting but always just to a certain point cuz it feels like it's reapeating all over again. Yeah sure racing games are the same, but for some reason I came to like racing games like Forza Horizon, gets me bored after a while but like minecraft, it just keeps me going back.

Unless It's a really unique game in my prespective games in general feel way too repetitive. A unique one for me is a game like Burnout3, a racing game where you have crash events to get the most damage value. Or like Ridge Racer where you can drift so easilly that becomes fun to go corner after corner at high speeds and just drift it. Or even the first time you play a persona game, it's unique it felt awesome having a double life going to school and fighting shadows in a time/space where no one else knows.

Ohhh quite unique and great choice!!!

If u can predict the Story 聽due to which u don鈥檛 bother to play it - u sounds like quite genius.!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now