PS5 general discussion

Ayush007
Go to solution Solved by Gohardgrandpa,

Here’s my guess for the ps5. 

Sony will launch at $399 to steal the lower end customers from Microsoft with them launching at $499-$599. It will be twice the power of the ps4 pro but will be weaker then the Xbox series x. 
Microsoft will throw around the most advanced highest power console ever and Sony is ok with that due to the price being cheaper they will sell way more units then Microsoft at launch and over the life span of the system. 

Sony has better exclusives so I’m buying it on launch day. I could care less about it being weaker. If we get 4k 60fps I’ll be happy. Most people have shit 4K TVs that can’t take advantage of over 60fps anyways. 

Microsoft will try to push 8k this and 8k that knowing damn well the system can’t push it. Since they advertise with Samsung they will try to push the new TVs out that the common person can’t afford. Microsoft is gonna go full on Apple with this console launch. I could care less about 8k, the whole Netflix library isn’t in 4K yet and 8k is gonna take forever to reach the point that 4K is at now. 

I could also see Microsoft launch a console without a disc drive that’s weaker (same as ps5) for the same price as the ps5. 

It’s all a waiting game and this is what I think is gonna happen. We’ll all find out soon enough tho. 

I will say I’m very happy to see the consoles getting a good cpu and not some shit laptop cpu like the current gen has now. I mainly play on pc but I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one s in the house that gets used everyday.

My only bias here is the ps exclusives. I play the show everyday which is coming to Xbox, they already announced that but the last of us, uncharted and god of war keep me with Sony. Could care less for gears, halo hasn’t been the same since 3, state of decay I don’t like and forza is boring compared to asseto Corsa with a VR headset on pc. 

Anyone who’s excited for Sony next gen console. Wht expectation have u made regarding next gen.

Intuition regarding  PS5 launch date (holiday 2020)????

6D4D7C4B-3F4F-4F21-B63F-B2E1A36ECE4F.jpeg

34C04D76-C886-4559-AC5A-BCB126E2FF9B.jpeg

Edited by Ayush007

There aren't really any opinions to be had as no details have been announced.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

I'm just hoping for backwards compatibility (PS3 might be a bit hopeful, PS4 perhaps, PS2 and PS1 compatibility should really be there).

Also hoping for an optical drive, for this compatibility.

Mostly hoping it's not a full digital console, but not holding out my breath for it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Speculation is worthless and pointless.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

45 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

There aren't really any opinions to be had as no details have been announced.

Dear Vitamanic,

Thnx for taking interest in my section.

I realised after reading your comment tht I forgot to add some headline in order to avoid any kind of misunderstanding ?.

33 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Dear Vitamanic,

Thnx for taking interest in my section.

I realised after reading your comment tht I forgot to add some headline in order to avoid any kind of misunderstanding ?.

No problem, that makes more sense!

I can say as someone on the outside looking in, backwards compatibility for at least PS4 HAS to be there from launch. I think it would be a huge misstep if it isn't. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

No problem, that makes more sense!

I can say as someone on the outside looking in, backwards compatibility for at least PS4 HAS to be there from launch. I think it would be a huge misstep if it isn't. 

I hope they will provide backward compatibility,

as there are many ps4 titles ,gamers want to play on next gen.

Improving their  past mistakes which they have made in previous gen, thts wht R&D team do.

1 hour ago, -Kriss- said:

Its nearly a year til its relased. You cant draw any conclusions yet when we know next to nothing about the console.

Thnx kriss,

for taking interest in my section,

what conclusion have u drawn???

Don't know if Sony plans to go back to e3 this year they are now with they're own show: State of Play. 

But I guess it would be awesome if they announce the PS5 in September to make 20yrs from the release of PS One and lunch on November 15 to make 25yrs since the original lunch in Australia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

5 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Don't know if Sony plans to go back to e3 this year they are now with they're own show: State of Play. 

But I guess it would be awesome if they announce the PS5 in September to make 20yrs from the release of PS One and lunch on November 15 to make 25yrs since the original lunch in Australia.

Yea we all are pretty much excited to put our hands on next gen console.

Although right now  your mordern gaming rig is much powerful then next gen console but still Sony exclusives provide best experience to the players.

5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Yea we all are pretty much excited to put our hands on next gen console.

Although right now  your mordern gaming rig is much powerful then next gen console but still Sony exclusives provide best experience to the players.

Still I really like to see consoles in general, they are able so squeaze all power from it and they get a great price, not all people want to cough 1000€+ currency for a new pc / hardware

Plus consoles keep releasing games and optimize them, and the fact that you can enjoy VR from a console that was released 7yrs ago and gpu's from that time at that time that could run VR would be way over then the 400€ the ps4 was at lunch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 1/4/2020 at 5:53 AM, minibois said:

I'm just hoping for backwards compatibility (PS3 might be a bit hopeful, PS4 perhaps, PS2 and PS1 compatibility should really be there).

Also hoping for an optical drive, for this compatibility.

Mostly hoping it's not a full digital console, but not holding out my breath for it

It will have a 4k bluray drive

source: https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

The rumors of a 9.2 TFLOPS RDNA2 gpu in it have made me hold off buying a new gpu this year. If this comes true then I'd just rather save the $450 I was thinking of spending on a 2060 Super and buy a PS5 at launch, especially considering the officially confirmed 8C/16T Zen 2 cpu sounds like it might be quite a bit better than my 4C/8T Xeon. Because I can't see anything less than 2060 Super / 5700 XT aging worth a shit if that rumor holds, and gpu prices are so perverse right now. Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to a rumor like that, but Digital Foundry seems to be taking it seriously so maybe there is something to it.

Sony will launch at $399 to steal the lower end customers from Microsoft with them launching at $499-$599. It will be twice the power of the ps4 pro but will be weaker then the Xbox series x. 
Microsoft will throw around the most advanced highest power console ever and Sony is ok with that due to the price being cheaper they will sell way more units then Microsoft at launch and over the life span of the system. 

Sony has better exclusives so I’m buying it on launch day. I could care less about it being weaker. If we get 4k 60fps I’ll be happy. Most people have shit 4K TVs that can’t take advantage of over 60fps anyways. 

Microsoft will try to push 8k this and 8k that knowing damn well the system can’t push it. Since they advertise with Samsung they will try to push the new TVs out that the common person can’t afford. Microsoft is gonna go full on Apple with this console launch. I could care less about 8k, the whole Netflix library isn’t in 4K yet and 8k is gonna take forever to reach the point that 4K is at now. 

I could also see Microsoft launch a console without a disc drive that’s weaker (same as ps5) for the same price as the ps5. 

It’s all a waiting game and this is what I think is gonna happen. We’ll all find out soon enough tho. 

I will say I’m very happy to see the consoles getting a good cpu and not some shit laptop cpu like the current gen has now. I mainly play on pc but I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one s in the house that gets used everyday.

My only bias here is the ps exclusives. I play the show everyday which is coming to Xbox, they already announced that but the last of us, uncharted and god of war keep me with Sony. Could care less for gears, halo hasn’t been the same since 3, state of decay I don’t like and forza is boring compared to asseto Corsa with a VR headset on pc. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

9 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Dear Gohardgrandpa,

I totally agree with your point ,

The reason why People stick with playstation is exclusives , I mean Sony is smart tht they don’t launch there titles in pc.

Thts why players have more value for play station then Microsoft.

I wish Ps5 price will be  much cheaper then Microsoft.

Crossing my fingers ??????????.

bdw will next gen console support 3k 3440*1440p monitor resolution???

your cordially 

Ayush

4 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Dear Gohardgrandpa,

I totally agree with your point ,

The reason why People stick with playstation is exclusives , I mean Sony is smart tht they don’t launch there titles in pc.

Thts why players have more value for play station then Microsoft.

I wish Ps5 price will be  much cheaper then Microsoft.

Crossing my fingers ??????????.

bdw will next gen console support 3k 3440*1440p monitor resolution???

your cordially 

Ayush

Some people use a monitor to play ps4 and Im pretty sure that if the ps4pro supports 4k video, so I'm pretty sure that next gen consoles will be at 4K resolutions Both PS and XBox, well at least according to their gen to gen video resolution

31 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Some people use a monitor to play ps4 and Im pretty sure that if the ps4pro supports 4k video, so I'm pretty sure that next gen consoles will be at 4K resolutions Both PS and XBox, well at least according to their gen to gen video resolution

Yea generally players use there monitor for console gaming also , so if someone have 3k ultra wide monitor will it support it or only 4k or above??

2 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Yea generally players use there monitor for console gaming also , so if someone have 3k ultra wide monitor will it support it or only 4k or above??

I belive that it will support, example the ps4 most games run at 900p and 1080, and yet you can plug the ps4 into a 720p Tv and it will still work.

the resolution of the display usually dosent matter since normally the source video output usually detects the resolution of the display

2 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

I belive that it will support, example the ps4 most games run at 900p and 1080, and yet you can plug the ps4 into a 720p Tv and it will still work.

the resolution of the display usually dosent matter since normally the source video output usually detects the resolution of the display

So what r u planning??

upgrade your PC machine or buy next gen console ??

15 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

8k is for video, MS has said as much. I don't think MS will plan on even trying to game at 8k. I guess they could make a simple mini game just to say you did it.  The only reason to think they will push 8k gaming is if you think that PC hardware is much further along than it currently is.

I could see MS pricing the discloses version $50 less than the PS5.

22 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

So what r u planning??

upgrade your PC machine or buy next gen console ??

Not planning on anything really, but rn I would rather choose a next gen console, my pc can already run last gen games (keep in mid that must be on low settings) and my last conse is a ps vita and a ps2 so yeah it would be great to get a new console plus it will have blu-ray XL reader ?

8 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Not planning on anything really, but rn I would rather choose a next gen console, my pc can already run last gen games (keep in mid that must be on low settings) and my last conse is a ps vita and a ps2 so yeah it would be great to get a new console plus it will have blu-ray XL reader ?

Good choice 

I guess you  are not into gaming tht much right???

5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Good choice 

I guess you  are not into gaming tht much right???

I used to play a lot more, latelly the games feels like they are reapeating one after another may change the cenario but storywise all too predictable, unless is like some new game in the series like tekken 7 cuz it jus continues the story. I did play Seikiro and FF XV, they are both interesting but always just to a certain point cuz it feels like it's reapeating all over again. Yeah sure racing games are the same, but for some reason I came to like racing games like Forza Horizon, gets me bored after a while but like minecraft, it just keeps me going back.

Unless It's a really unique game in my prespective games in general feel way too repetitive. A unique one for me is a game like Burnout3, a racing game where you have crash events to get the most damage value. Or like Ridge Racer where you can drift so easilly that becomes fun to go corner after corner at high speeds and just drift it. Or even the first time you play a persona game, it's unique it felt awesome having a double life going to school and fighting shadows in a time/space where no one else knows.

20 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

I used to play a lot more, latelly the games feels like they are reapeating one after another may change the cenario but storywise all too predictable, unless is like some new game in the series like tekken 7 cuz it jus continues the story. I did play Seikiro and FF XV, they are both interesting but always just to a certain point cuz it feels like it's reapeating all over again. Yeah sure racing games are the same, but for some reason I came to like racing games like Forza Horizon, gets me bored after a while but like minecraft, it just keeps me going back.

Unless It's a really unique game in my prespective games in general feel way too repetitive. A unique one for me is a game like Burnout3, a racing game where you have crash events to get the most damage value. Or like Ridge Racer where you can drift so easilly that becomes fun to go corner after corner at high speeds and just drift it. Or even the first time you play a persona game, it's unique it felt awesome having a double life going to school and fighting shadows in a time/space where no one else knows.

Ohhh quite unique and great choice!!!

If u can predict the Story  due to which u don’t bother to play it - u sounds like quite genius.!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Ohhh quite unique and great choice!!!

If u can predict the game ending due to which u don’t bother to play it - u sounds like quite genius.!!!!!

It can change from game to game, example even tho I predicted GTA V ending the game is emmersive enough to keep me playing till the end, now on a game like Croixleur Sigma, the game is fun to play cuz its a diffrent game, diffrent mechanics but it becomes really repetitive and the ending is like really obvious, so after a while I just dropped the game, good thing about Croixleur is that is a small game so when it becomes boring and repetitive you have already finished it.

Now on the other hand, the original crysis was amazing on all points, you can't predict how the end is going to end and it's emersive enough to keep you playing to the end. Same with mirror's edge both original and the 2nd one, storywise is kinda predictable but is emersive enough to keep you playing till the end and doesn't get that repetitive since the cenarios keep changing specially on the original.