GTA San Andreas OR GTA 4

Ayush007

Hello guys Your opinion is highly valuable 4 me!!!

I know many of you have quite depth experience regarding game worth it or not!!!

These days I m thinking to play GTA San Andreas  or gta 4 again !!! 

Last time I have played in 2009 or 2004 in my old PC n PS2.

Should I go for it or not ???

Your cordially 
Ayush

I really enjoy both games and have played both of them several times. You will probably discover things you didn't notice back then, especially in GTA San Andreas which is full of easter eggs and other surprises.

3 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

I really enjoy both games and have played both of them several times. You will probably discover things you didn't notice back then, especially in GTA San Andreas which is full of easter eggs and other surprises.

Thnx greenhorn,

For taking interest in my section ??

N if I say which one of dem???

Just now, Ayush007 said:

N if I say which one of dem???

That is something you have to decide for yourself, I would say play both (one after the other) if you have enough time and are enjoying it.

GTA San Andreas has a huge map, many things to discover, a "retro" feel and can be modded for proper widescreen resolutions. The story is quite complex and enough for many hours of gameplay. Even after finishing the storyline, there are many things to do.

GTA IV has much more sophisticated graphics, the map has more urban areas and not so many rural ones, an exciting but (if I recall correctly) a bit shorter story and I think there is a bit less to do once the story is done (except maybe trying the other ending than the one you originally chose).

6 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

That is something you have to decide for yourself, I would say play both (one after the other) if you have enough time and are enjoying it.

GTA San Andreas has a huge map, many things to discover, a "retro" feel and can be modded for proper widescreen resolutions. The story is quite complex and enough for many hours of gameplay. Even after finishing the storyline, there are many things to do.

GTA IV has much more sophisticated graphics, the map has more urban areas and not so many rural ones, an exciting but (if I recall correctly) a bit shorter story and I think there is a bit less to do once the story is done (except maybe trying the other ending than the one you originally chose).

Well if I say I play one game at a time ,

due to lack of time 

Which one should  I play first ??

u sounds like u enjoy San Andreas more then IV.

54 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Which one should  I play first ??

u sounds like u enjoy San Andreas more then IV.

Well, it doesn't matter too much, but I personally would play GTA San Andreas first simply because I like to play game series chronologically.

20 minutes ago, Harry P. Ness said:

Gta 5

Better graphics in strips club. 

Thnx Harry for sharing your experience with me,hahahah

Bdw I m about to end it .

7 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

Well, it doesn't matter too much, but I personally would play GTA San Andreas first simply because I like to play game series chronologically.

Ohhh nice and mature decision ????

Bdw I may be wrong  but I think there’s no link b/w. Gta San Andreas and  4 story.

please rectify me if I’m wrong.

I replayed 4 recently and really enjoyed it. I think it's written and acted in a really clever way. It can be super somber and hilarious at the same time. I think 4 is the best in the series for making you reflect and think beyond the game itself.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

45 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I replayed 4 recently and really enjoyed it. I think it's written and acted in a really clever way. It can be super somber and hilarious at the same time. I think 4 is the best in the series for making you reflect and think beyond the game itself.

Again Thnx Vitamanic ,

For solving my issue.what u like the most in gta 4???please share your experience I will feel highly privileged as your opinion is highly valuable 4 me.

PLUS  I have two doubts regarding gta 4-

1.Does it support wide monitor resolution?? 3440*1440p

2. Like in gta San Andreas there r diff. territories , is there any territory  gta 4 also??

I enjoyed San Andreas more than GTA 4 when they were released. But I think going back to the GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas generation will be tough now, they have not aged well.

It really depends on what you have in mind, if you want to play for story gta4 is the best bet good graphics, and a very nice dark story along with heavy environment. 

If a long run is what you rather have gta san Andreas is the way to go, a long and nice story with a big map to explore, a big plus if you playing on pc you can get samp or mta to play online 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

GTA San Andreas is the best GTA since GTA III

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

I hated GTA IV, from Niko's whining about how he was trying to be a good person two minutes after he just murdered 50 people to the terrible vehicle controls to the downright boring setting. San Andreas though, that was incredible and I loved every second of it. I still have a blast playing Vice City and San Andreas on my PS2. I think only GTA III has aged badly from that era.

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

I enjoyed San Andreas more than GTA 4 when they were released. But I think going back to the GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas generation will be tough now, they have not aged well.

Well first of thnx Monkey Dust,

For taking interest in my section . I appreciate your opinion??????.

What u liked the most in gta San Andreas ???Please share you personal experience as its highly valuable 4 me.

Secondly if I think to back to San Andreas or gta 4 which one is worth it to play it again.

23 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I hated GTA IV, from Niko's whining about how he was trying to be a good person two minutes after he just murdered 50 people to the terrible vehicle controls to the downright boring setting. San Andreas though, that was incredible and I loved every second of it. I still have a blast playing Vice City and San Andreas on my PS2. I think only GTA III has aged badly from that era.

Well First of all thnx Steve Grabowski0,

For sharing your experience, I appreciate it??.

Bdw I may be wrong but acc 2 me, I thought Gta 4 got 10 on 10 review by Gamespot , so I thought its the best choice bcoz they rarely gave such score  but then I thought i spent my  whole childhood with grove street so I thought to give a chance to San Andreas.

Acc to you what u like the most in San Andreas tht u don’t in IV. ???

{Please share your personal  experience as its highly valuable 4 me}

your  cordially 

Ayush

55 minutes ago, vukos said:

GTA San Andreas is the best GTA since GTA III

Thnx Vukos For sharing your experience,

I appreciate it!!! Your opinion is highly valuable 4 me.

What u like the most in San Andreas n what about gta IV???

1 hour ago, wolfxtr3m said:

It really depends on what you have in mind, if you want to play for story gta4 is the best bet good graphics, and a very nice dark story along with heavy environment. 

If a long run is what you rather have gta san Andreas is the way to go, a long and nice story with a big map to explore, a big plus if you playing on pc you can get samp or mta to play online 

Dear wolfxtr3m,

Welcome back to my section !!

I appreciate your opinion ??????

Actually I’m already confuse b/w gta IV and San Andreas.

if you would be at my place which one would u like 2 hit  again IV or San Andreas ???

your cordially 

Ayush

13 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Well First of all thnx Steve Grabowski0,

For sharing your experience, I appreciate it??.

Bdw I may be wrong but acc 2 me, I thought Gta 4 got 10 on 10 review by Gamespot , so I thought its the best choice bcoz they rarely gave such score  but then I thought i spent my  whole childhood with grove street so I thought to give a chance to San Andreas.

Acc to you what u like the most in San Andreas tht u don’t in IV. ???

{Please share your personal  experience as its highly valuable 4 me}

your  cordially 

Ayush

On a gameplay level San Andreas had arcade like driving controls, while IV felt like you were steering a tank or something. Very unresponsive. It's probably the same reason I didn't enjoy Red Dead Redemption 2. Whenever I played it all I could think was how much it felt like GTA IV to me with the unresponsive controls.

GTA IV has made me forever distrust game reviews from places like IGN and Gamespot that gave it 10/10. I bought IV on launch because of how much I loved III, Vice City, and San Andreas, waiting for it to get good, but it felt like a chore to play. But because I loved the series I trudged through the entire game, not really enjoying any of it. The only good thing I can say for GTA IV was that it introduced me to Ricky Gervais (he does a standup act you can watch by going to one of the bars), who was fucking hilarious in the game.

I hated GTA IV so much I waited months after launch to get GTA V, but thankfully that really felt more like the PS2 games with the arcade controls and the main characters who didn't try to pretend they were anything other than gangsters and criminals.

13 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Dear wolfxtr3m,

Welcome back to my section !!

I appreciate your opinion ??????

Actually I’m already confuse b/w gta IV and San Andreas.

if you would be at my place which one would u like 2 hit  again IV or San Andreas ???

your cordially 

Ayush

Even if San Andreas is my favorite and most nostalgic out of the 2, I would rather go play IV after so much time.

Again the story is heavy that goes really along w/ the environment that the game gives even if the game is smaller then SA, I appreciate a lot IV heavy story and IV is more recent so better graphics and for me I love the physics on the game, it even feels better than V physics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

26 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

On a gameplay level San Andreas had arcade like driving controls, while IV felt like you were steering a tank or something. Very unresponsive. It's probably the same reason I didn't enjoy Red Dead Redemption 2. Whenever I played it all I could think was how much it felt like GTA IV to me with the unresponsive controls.

GTA IV has made me forever distrust game reviews from places like IGN and Gamespot that gave it 10/10. I bought IV on launch because of how much I loved III, Vice City, and San Andreas, waiting for it to get good, but it felt like a chore to play. But because I loved the series I trudged through the entire game, not really enjoying any of it. The only good thing I can say for GTA IV was that it introduced me to Ricky Gervais (he does a standup act you can watch by going to one of the bars), who was fucking hilarious in the game.

I hated GTA IV so much I waited months after launch to get GTA V, but thankfully that really felt more like the PS2 games with the arcade controls and the main characters who didn't try to pretend they were anything other than gangsters and criminals.

Well I found u quite logical and practical!!!!

keep it up

I appreciate  your effort tht you put to solve my problem.

?????????????

Infact I totally agree wid u !!!! Regarding driving system of rdr2.

I usually walk or sprint rather then sitting on horse. Hahah.

14 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Even if San Andreas is my favorite and most nostalgic out of the 2, I would rather go play IV after so much time.

Again the story is heavy that goes really along w/ the environment that the game gives even if the game is smaller then SA, I appreciate a lot IV heavy story and IV is more recent so better graphics and for me I love the physics on the game, it even feels better than V physics.

I agree with  your opinion!!!

Gta 4 leads to engaging plus emotional and sad story.

Infact when you play game wht really matter is story n gameplay.

Thnx for trying to solve my problem 

I appreciate it !!!!!?????

your cordially 

Ayush

17 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Well first of thnx Monkey Dust,

For taking interest in my section . I appreciate your opinion??????.

What u liked the most in gta San Andreas ???Please share you personal experience as its highly valuable 4 me.

Secondly if I think to back to San Andreas or gta 4 which one is worth it to play it again.

There is more to do and explore in San Andreas, plus the character is far more likeable. The graphics age the game really badly though,

3 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

There is more to do and explore in San Andreas, plus the character is far more likeable. The graphics age the game really badly though,

So acc to your opinion{as I highly regard your opinion} which one should I play gta 4 or San Andreas , as you told me de  graphics age the game really bad.