PSU Corsair or EVGA?

UwuweweweOssas

I need to take a PSU for my new build, 550W is enough, so I saw interesting PSUs and the better I found are those 4:

Corsair CX550M

Corsair Vengeance 550M

Corsair TX550M

Evga 550 B3

Between those PSU, I found that the CX550M has the japanese electrolytic capacitors and I also found that the Vengeance model is slightly better than the CX and has the same Japanese capacitors. Also, there is the TX model, that I read that is most powerful than the CX and the Vengeance with full Japanese capacitors, so I think is the most powerful above all 3 Corsair PSU. Am I right?

At last, I have the EVGA 550 B3, that I found is a powerful modular PSU and has a unique characteristic that I don't remember.

What do you think should i choose? The Corsair TX550M or the EVGA 550 B3 (I found them at the same prize, so the cost isn't a matter)?

No idea what's that EVGA BE, can you link it ?

Either way there are no reviews on it i pretty sure if it's smth new so choosing from other options it's either Vengeance or TXm.

Vengeance will be slightly better probably, amirite @LukeSavenije ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 minutes ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

At last, I have the EVGA 550 BE, that I found is a powerful modular PSU and has a unique characteristic that I don't remember.

Do you mean the EVGA 550 B3?

The TX550M is better, as long as you don't mind the semi-modular cables.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, Juular said:

No idea what's that EVGA BE, can you link it ?

Either way there are no reviews on it i pretty sure if it's smth new so choosing from other options it's either Vengeance or TXm.

Vengeance will be slightly better probably, amirite @LukeSavenije ?

This is the 550 B3: https://www.amazon.it/EVGA-Garanzia-Compatto-Alimentazione-220-B3-0550-V2/dp/B071FC7SH5/

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

Do you mean the EVGA 550 B3?

The TX550M is better, as long as you don't mind the semi-modular cables.

Yes, I mean EVGA B3. I didn't see that the automatic corrector of my keyboard changed "B3" in "BE" every time i wrote it.

However i don't care about full modularity, but the TX has all type of protection (OVP, OPP, OCP, ecc.)? Also, the non-modular cable are the 20pin and the 4pin?

I've heard that Corsair PSU are quieter however EVGA and Corsair are both reputable brands.  

11 minutes ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

Also, the non-modular cable are the 20pin and the 4pin?

Yep the two that are always used, 24 pin and 8/4 pin.

2 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

Yep the two that are always used, 24 pin and 8/4 pin.

So I always need to link those two cable, am I right? The only thing I prefer of the 550 B3 is the Gold Certification and there is another characteristics that I can't find anymore, but was interesting about this PSU

1 minute ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

So I always need to link those two cable, am I right? The only thing I prefer of the 550 B3 is the Gold Certification and there is another characteristics that I can't find anymore, but was interesting about this PSU

They're used in basically every system.  The TX550M has a Gold rating too.

15 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

They're used in basically every system.  The TX550M has a Gold rating too.

Oh, so there is no problem at all (I don't understand at this point why the creation of the full modular PSU when you however need to always link those two cables). I think I will chose the TX550M, thank you all.

Just now, UwuweweweOssas said:

II don't understand at this point why the creation of the full modular PSU when you however need to always link those two cables

Mostly so you can use custom cables of different colors and lengths.

2 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

Mostly so you can use custom cables of different colors and lengths.

Oh, well, you're right, I didn't think about that. However, the TX550M non-modular cables are long enough for an ATX case?

1 minute ago, UwuweweweOssas said:

Oh, well, you're right, I didn't think about that. However, the TX550M non-modular cables are long enough for an ATX case?

More than long enough.

23 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

More than long enough.

Perfect, I think i'll take the TX550M