Which one of these 2 cables is best audio quality?

LOST TALE

Rca cables don't matter too.much until you have a serious set of gear. I personally use the Amazon basics ones cause the fell great and are built very well and sound great on my budget gear

5 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

Whatever one looks nicer to you, buy it. Cables make no difference, and if they did it isn't measureable with any type of equipment, unless the cable is actively doing "something" (some cables come with pre-amps in them, so they actually do make a difference)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Should I be concerned withh cable length as it's an analogue signal?

I can like triple the length from 8ft to 24ft by paying 50% more (15$ instead of 10$) on the amazon basic one..

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

6 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

I can like triple the length from 8ft to 24ft by paying 50% more (15$ instead of 10$) on the amazon basic one..

If you want the 24ft one, then just keep the cable away from power cables, and you'll be fine.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

4 hours ago, Derkoli said:

If you want the 24ft one, then just keep the cable away from power cables, and you'll be fine.

why the power cables? how much of an effect is that?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

19 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

why the power cables? how much of an effect is that?

They usually induce noise, hence why you should keep long analogue cables away from badly shielded power cables.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, LOST TALE said:

Buy the length you need - if you need a 24ft one, buy a 24ft one. If you need an 8ft one, do not buy the 24ft one, as it's just an unnecessary waste.

In terms of the quality, the AmazonBasics ones look like they have slightly thicker shielding - you likely won't get any sound difference out of them, but you might get a bit more durability out of them (and in theory, slightly better EMI shielding).

But really, just buy the size you need, and get whichever one is cheaper.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Buy the length you need - if you need a 24ft one, buy a 24ft one. If you need an 8ft one, do not buy the 24ft one, as it's just an unnecessary waste.

In terms of the quality, the AmazonBasics ones look like they have slightly thicker shielding - you likely won't get any sound difference out of them, but you might get a bit more durability out of them (and in theory, slightly better EMI shielding).

But really, just buy the size you need, and get whichever one is cheaper.

Well, I might not need the length, now, but I might need it later. 

took the 8ft one. 33% cheaper, a little more than I need. 

On 1/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, Derkoli said:

Whatever one looks nicer to you, buy it. Cables make no difference, and if they did it isn't measureable with any type of equipment, unless the cable is actively doing "something" (some cables come with pre-amps in them, so they actually do make a difference)

Cables don't matter in a digital context, sure. They do have measurable effects on analog signals, though.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

6 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Cables don't matter in a digital context, sure. They do have measurable effects on analog signals, though.

Aslong as it has relatively low capacitance, shielding similar to an Amazonbasics cable and is able to carry the VA, it makes 0 difference.

2 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Aslong as it has relatively low capacitance, shielding similar to an Amazonbasics cable and is able to carry the VA, it makes 0 difference.

That's neither relevant to what I said, nor in relation to what you originally posted.

4 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

That's neither relevant to what I said, nor in relation to what you originally posted.

It is very relevant, I am stating why your claim that analogue cables make a difference are false.

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

It is very relevant, I am stating why your claim that analogue cables make a difference are false.

You literally admitted in your last post that they can have an effect. Don't make blanket statements if you can't back them up.

You literally admitted in your last post that they can have an effect.

When they are exposed to very high interference, but they make no difference to a signal if they are properly shielded UNLESS the cable is actively doing something, like adjusting gain, or doing some kind of EQ.

23 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

When they are exposed to very high interference, but they make no difference to a signal if they are properly shielded UNLESS the cable is actively doing something, like adjusting gain, or doing some kind of EQ.

As well as length and gauge which will also affect the end result via resistance.

So, as I said before, cables can have a measurable effect in analog signals.

You said "cables make no difference" as a blanket statement which is obviously false. To be fair, you've admitted as much, though continue to use a logical fallacy and move goalposts to argue points that I never addressed nor care to discuss.

I pointed out misinformation, it's not a big deal. Just move on.

As well as length and gauge which will also affect the end result via resistance.

So, as I said before, cables can have a measurable effect in analog signals.

You said "cables make no difference" as a blanket statement which is obviously false. To be fair, you've admitted as much, though continue to use a logical fallacy and move goalposts to argue points that I never addressed nor care to discuss.

I pointed out misinformation, it's not a big deal. Just move on.

To be fair I did state some stuff that wasn't quite correct, I generally meant that they made no difference when made properly, My mistake.

Have a nice day :)