gtx 1080 ti bad fps

hi everyone,

I recently got my hands on a aorus gtx 1080 ti and im not very impressed by the performance.

I dont know if its the card or just bad settings.

I play gta everything on max setting on a 29 inch 1080p widescreen monitor and get about 60-75 fps :(.

cpu usage max 85%.

gpu ussage max 90%.

latest drivers installed.

this is my built :

i7 4770k oc to 4 Ghz.

gtx 1080ti 11gb aorus.

16 gb ddr3 ram.

corsair h80i water cooler.

games are installed on a 4tb hdd.

lg 29 inch 1080p widescreen 60 hz (oc to 75hz)

windows 10 pro.

I hope someone can help me.

first timer on the website btw :)

Knipsel.PNG

5 minutes ago, Lorant said:

So you get the fps that is the max of your monitor?  Uncheck vsync.

its turnt off sometimes i get fps spikes to 80 fps  for a sec.

7 minutes ago, Qripper071 said:

everything on max

don't do that. uncheck visual settings that make little difference but impact fps highly. 

also , don't use gta online as a benchmark. run it in single player. Your fps online can easily be dictated by the connection speed , latency , server speed , number of players , and the players connection speed and pc speeds. It's silly to use online games to test your own machine.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

don't do that. uncheck visual settings that make little difference but impact fps highly. 

also , don't use gta online as a benchmark. run it in single player. Your fps online can easily be dictated by the connection speed , latency , server speed , number of players , and the players connection speed and pc speeds. It's silly to use online games to test your own machine.

thank you for your reply,

I am playing the single player right now.

i watched a youtbe video of someone running gta v with a gtx1080ti on 1440p same settings as me and getting steady 85-110 fps.

thats why im a bit confused why my card isnt having the same performance

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

have you removed old drivers with DDU and then installed new ones? 

Also what clocks on the GPU are you getting? 

I am gonna remove an reinstall my drivers now.

i just did a benchmark here are the clocks

Knipsel.PNG

Just now, Qripper071 said:

I am gonna remove an reinstall my drivers now.

i just did a benchmark here are the clocks

Knipsel.PNG

If you're getting up to 2063MHz at stock that's a stellar 1080ti. I can't even get that with OC. 

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

If you're getting up to 2063MHz at stock that's a stellar 1080ti. I can't even get that with OC. 

i should be able to run everygame 1080p max settings easy 100fps but im not getting the performance. maybe its just gta v that fucking me over

21 minutes ago, Qripper071 said:

im a bit confused why my card isnt having the same performance

oh so you have the exact same specs (cpu/ram/gpu) as them , running the exact same build of windows with the exact same date and time windows updates, running the exact same driver version , running the exact same game version with the exact same updates , both of you have identical operating systems running the exact same software at the same time , and both of you are testing this side by side currently right now. correct?

or did you cherry pick a video online from someone who only shares a gpu with you from a totally different month or even year...

16 minutes ago, emosun said:

oh so you have the exact same specs (cpu/ram/gpu) as them , running the exact same build of windows with the exact same date and time windows updates, running the exact same driver version , running the exact same game version with the exact same updates , both of you have identical operating systems running the exact same software at the same time , and both of you are testing this side by side currently right now. correct?

or did you cherry pick a video online from someone who only shares a gpu with you from a totally different month or even year...

i was just looking online beacuse i felt like i wasnt getting the performance i should get from a gtx 1080ti. it was such a big fps gap from other online and my gta v gameplay that i was just wondering what is going on. But i think its fine then :)

2 hours ago, Qripper071 said:

i was just looking online beacuse i felt like i wasnt getting the performance i should get from a gtx 1080ti. it was such a big fps gap from other online and my gta v gameplay that i was just wondering what is going on. But i think its fine then :)

You would see decent gains upgrading the Cpu and motherboard (+ going DDR4) to something a little more modern. In example, an 8700K would be about 20-25% faster Per core IPC. That would reduce a little bottle necking there on triple A titles. 

Sounds like a need for a real cpu. That one can barely handle an old kepler card. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

The performance you are getting is REALLY terrible.  I get better than that with an RX 580.  Not trying to be insulting.  Get an x470 for $120, get an R5 2600 for $120, and 16 Gb of DDR4 for $75, or go newer and get an x570 and R5 3600.  You will never spend better money.  PERIOD.

2 hours ago, AsusMaximus said:

The performance you are getting is REALLY terrible.  I get better than that with an RX 580.  Not trying to be insulting.  Get an x470 for $120, get an R5 2600 for $120, and 16 Gb of DDR4 for $75, or go newer and get an x570 and R5 3600.  You will never spend better money.  PERIOD.

My old ass X58 Xeon gets way better than 100fps 1080p cranked with a 1080ti in GTA5, or virtually any other title, so i agree his performance is poor, but i doubt its CPU bound yet, even though a 4ghz OC on a 4770K is pretty piss poor and not really much of an OC. Something is up with drivers or system for sure. a 2600K really is no better than a 4770K so the only upgrade path i would go is Zen2, or newer intel 

8 hours ago, FlatBrokeRacing said:

My old ass X58 Xeon gets way better than 100fps 1080p cranked with a 1080ti in GTA5, or virtually any other title, so i agree his performance is poor, but i doubt its CPU bound yet, even though a 4ghz OC on a 4770K is pretty piss poor and not really much of an OC. Something is up with drivers or system for sure. a 2600K really is no better than a 4770K so the only upgrade path i would go is Zen2, or newer intel 

My benchmark scores are good so I think my hardware is fine. It’s just not performing well in game. :(

14 hours ago, FlatBrokeRacing said:

i reinstalled windows my avarge fps is now 75-110 fps everything on max settings. I could see that my gpu was running at 80% max and my cpu was jumping arround 80-100%.

What is the best cpu that i can buy on a budget ?  

Ryzen 5 3600 is the way to go. It’s cheap, ddr4 ram is cheap and you can get a decent board for cheap too. Maybe $400 for everything

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x