Z97 Mobo > cannot get more than 8GB ram to work!?

I havent done a lot of touching at all to this pc since I built it in 2015. Trying to upgrade from 8gb ram (2x4gb) to 16gb ram (4x4gb) got them cheap. 

Currently my two ram sticks and MY TWO of 4 NEW ones only work in the two RED slots. No matter the ram, the two black slots do not work. 

The pc will turn on too any ram configuration I put in that involves 4 sticks or even 3 but NO display after clearing the CMOS several times. 

So only each 4gb stick (no matter the brand) work in ONLY the two red slots. 

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY 

I have no beeper in her so I cannot hear what it is but its pretty obvious to some extent. The two black slots dont even work on there own? Do I need to do something in the BIOS? 

Its the asrock z97x killer mobo 

16 minutes ago, alexfegan321 said:

So only each 4gb stick (no matter the brand) work in ONLY the two red slots. 

Sounds like your memory is fine, it's possible the RAM slots are dead. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Sounds like oyur memory is fine, it's possible the RAM slots are dead. 

I dont understand how that can happen, DDR3_A1 & DDR3_B1 work 

DDR3_A2 & DDR3_B2 do not work 

Just now, alexfegan321 said:

I dont understand how that can happen, DDR3_A1 & DDR3_B1 work 

DDR3_A2 & DDR3_B2 do not work 

Defects in the motherboard, it's very rare but it does happen. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Defects in the motherboard, it's very rare but it does happen. 

Is there nothing in the bios than can help me troubleshoot? Like how can I actually prove they are dead slots without assuming if something doesnt work in it then its dead, this is not enough for me lol 

16 minutes ago, alexfegan321 said:

Is there nothing in the bios than can help me troubleshoot? Like how can I actually prove they are dead slots without assuming if something doesnt work in it then its dead, this is not enough for me lol 

I am not aware of any setting in any BIOS that would disable RAM slots like that. My only other suggest is to swap out for a differ Z97 series CPU, as it's minutely possible your CPU cant accept the second channel of ram due to a defect in the CPU.