WR3D: The Best Wrestling Game You're Not Playing

Do you like Wrestling Games? Do the WWE 2K games not bring you as much joy or depth as they used to? Fire Pro Wrestling too much of a learning curve like it is for me? Do you miss the days of WWF No Mercy style gameplay? Do you enjoy a slight simulation of  the real life of a pro-wrestler? Do you not mind low graphics if the game play is fun? Well I've got the game for you.

image.jpeg.67ff7858a3d62e9ef47fbd0ef8b7e099.jpeg

Wrestling Revolution 3D for Steam and Android

I suppose I'll start with the short list of negatives for the game, and these aren't really game killers for me.

Events are sometimes random. (This is both a pro and a con)

So in Wrestling Revolution 3D, the game takes you a bit further than the scope of just a wrestling game. They're deaths from lots of different causes(including murder), injuries, they're contract negotiations between the different companies, you can have matches requested of you before a show, after a match, and in the end of the week summary given in the fake wrestling news letter( which I will get to), and the reason I find this a negative is because you as the player are not safe from any of the events, including the deaths. Yes you can indeed die in the game from car accidents, ODs for drug problems you didn't know you had, in matches if injuries get bad enough. So the game changes rapidly, and sometimes things happen in succession especially as your popularity increases. So it adds to the real life feel of the game because real life is indeed like that. 

Occasional Hard To Reach Goals

So this has only happened to me a handful of times in 90+ hours of playing so again a small issue not a game ruiner, and it does add some challenge. So some promoters have standards for you. So say your attitude is an 87% sometimes they will have a meeting with you, and say that you need to get it to 90% by X Week of X Month, and while it isn't impossible, the reason I picked attitude for the example is because it is kind of a pain in the butt to bring up, because attitude kind of requires you to become a yes man, which changes the entirety of your wrestling career sometimes. Example promoters can attempt to get you to change from Face to Heel and back, change your music, your hair, your look, team you up with people, wrestlers can try to "share their legacy" with you which involves changing everything to copy them(Promoters do a thing similar) and if you don't reach the goals you get let go from that particular wrestling company. So if you're working on like getting to champion from the ground up or something of the sort it can kill that in its tracks.

No reversals.

Yep you read that, your reversals are based on your skill percentage. So that's an occasional annoyance.

Graphics not a negative for me but would be for some.

The game has N64 but if it were in HD graphics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now begins the positives. 

So where to start with a game like this? 

Well I'll give one of the biggest ones, it is available on Android and PC, and can honestly run on absolutely anything.

Here are the Wrestling Revolution 3D System Requirements (Minimum)

• CPU: Info
  • CPU SPEED: 1gHz
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Info
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 60 MB

Wrestling Revolution 3D Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Info
  • CPU SPEED: 2gHz
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Info
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 100 MB

These are from System Requirements Labs:https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/wrestling-revolution-3d/16393

So to start for gameplay itself, it certainly fills the void that we all miss from the days of No mercy when it comes to the actual wrestling gameplay.

The controls are simple and quick to learn. I recommend playing with a controller but it is definitely very playable with a keyboard.

Physics are kind of odd but super fun and bring about both really funny and really cool moments. For instance you can hit someone with a slingshot (Falling backward flinging them into the air) and they be launched out of the ring, they also don't just fall sometimes they get launched. There is also the case of your character falling off of things like tables and ladders when they're being moved around with you on top of them.(Yes that happens) It's pretty comical honestly. It also happens a fair amount less than it did in previous Mdickie games. Certain furniture (Tables, ladders, announce desks, etc....) can even be stacked one on top of the other with no limits.

Match Types and Game Modes.

So in a sense with this game, the sky is the limit when it comes to type of matches. You can have a 100 man, Double Ring, Cage match if you want. You can have a 10% ring size sumo match with no ropes and tables on the outside. Quite literally you can do just about any match you can think of, and the career mode doesn't shy away from throwing you into matches like that either.

Game modes, and this one might just be one of the best parts, so aside from Career and Exhibition mode. This game actually features Booker Mode AKA GM Mode like back in the old Smackdown VS Raw games. Which is a lot more in-depth than those were as well. Your show has production costs, you decide things like how long a contract is, whether the superstar gets an advance, weekly pay, and my favorite part is if they get Creative Control, Guaranteed money whether they work a show or not and health insurance which makes sure your workers are always at 100% between shows. You also can form tag teams, set roles and choose your champions. Each show (minus one we will get into in another point.) has a Heavyweight, a Secondary champion based on promotion(typically an Intercontinental Title without mods), and a tag team championship. Another game mode is called Show Mode, almost like the PPV mode of old where all the matches are selected and you get to work each one.

The modding and custom community. 

So this is probably one of the best parts of this game, so the modding community is currently in a lul but they're a bunch of amazing mods to make this game a lot more interesting and fun. So every year there is released for both the PC and Android version an equivalent of the 2K game that was released that year. These mods typically include the actual shows that exist IE Smackdown, Raw, Ring of Honor, NJPW, AEW, etc... then they're even some with Smackdown VS Raw feels to them with Smackdown, Raw, ECW, WCW, etc... These mods not only bring in new shows, but new props, furniture, weapons, backstage options. The WR3D20 mod brings in new stages and new rings (Which are a separate entity so you can mix and match shows.) They also add new attire and appearances for the wrestlers. These mods also add the real looks and names of the wrestlers, because of course they cannot use real names for copyright reasons, at the same time these mods also keeps the Mdickie Originals as well which were characters created by Mdickie and not like versions of other real world wrestlers. Though it is shut down, there is also a mod that gives the real music to the wrestlers but it is now something you have to know someone who has it to send it to you, you can also add in custom music if you prefer to do it yourself. As well as being able to add your own textures and things to faces, bodies, clothes, rings, and arenas. I'd also like to add modding on PC and Android is as simple as dragging and dropping, no installers, nothing to worry about bricking and breaking the game with. 

The Real World Things That Happen To Real World Wrestlers.

This is my favorite thing about this game, so while I complained about the random events, my only complaint is how they sometimes stack high on top of each other and they have nothing to prevent them from happening to the player.  They're also a great way to tell a story with a wrestler and they represent how things might actually be as a wrestler. From contract negotiations, to recommending wrestlers to join your promotion and so on. Wrestlers also as I said die, like from different causes, sometimes it is an in ring accident, sometimes it's an OD, sometimes a car crash, I even had a thing pop up on the "Wrestling Newsletter" that like Dolph Ziggler Died after an Altercation with Tomasso Ciampa, so murder happens. They're also injuries. Wrestlers can break bones, need stitches, and even become completely paralyzed (which typically leads to a death.) They're tribute shows for wrestlers deaths, they're cross-promotional shows that occur randomly and yes AEW and WWE shows have crossed over in my game with the W20 mod. You can even go out to have a drink with the boys before a show at the price of coming back hungover the next show and your health being super low. So if you're looking for that in a game this is definitely one for you. 

A Fun Training and Stats System

So while I mentioned things like your Health and Attitude aren't things you can only somewhat control, your Strength, Skill, Agility, Stamina, and Toughness can all be improved by working each one out individually allowing for plenty of opportunities for different kinds of builds.

A Cheap Price Point. 

So as of writing this the price is 9.99USD and stays about that unless it goes on sale, then of course it is cheaper. To unlock the full game on mobile it is also around 10.00USD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in closing if  you are looking for an amazing wrestling experience, a game that you can play for 100 hours + and never repeat things once I recommend Wrestling Revolution 3D on Android and PC. 

Link to the Game on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/665330/Wrestling_Revolution_3D/

Link to the Android Version

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.WR3DFree&hl=en_US

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4