(minor update) And one more thing - New Nintendo switch SKUs found

williamcll

After the announcements of the XBSX and the PS5, it seems that Nintendo is also going to release a new console in the near future. No information regarding what hardware the the new switch could be using, it could vary from a Tegra X2 all the way to the recently announced Orin, which would be pretty cool since there hasn't really been a 12-core mobile ARM processor, let alone a console one.

Normally when GameStop's internal database lists new SKU, it means some big announcements are on the way. For example, prior to E3 last year it added more than 20 Nintendo Switch placeholders.

Now, it's done it again, with Twitter user @YuYuKamii revealing a total of 12 SKU for Nintendo Switch have been recently uploaded to the company's system.

As noted, when this sort of thing happens, it's a sign of incoming announcements. Some of the other titles on this list include Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore and Level-5's Snack World: The Dungeon World Crawl - Gold. Leading up to the end of last year, there was a lot of talk about a Nintendo Direct taking place, so it wouldn't be a surprise if a broadcast took place early on in 2020.

Other information includes Metro Redux getting a PEGI 18 for the switch which is pretty impressive.

metro-redux-rating.original.jpg

Source:https://pegi.info/search-pegi?q=METRO+REDUX&op=Search&filter-age[]=&filter-descriptor[]=&filter-publisher=&filter-platform[]=&filter-release-year[]=&page=1&form_build_id=form-gMEWfUJS90HAL1PF-nF9ou_RAx4q0Qg-wOQhuF7W8Kk&form_id=pegi_search_form

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/352100-12-blank-switch-software-skus-have-been-added-to-gamestop-s-syste

Thoughts: All the hype of the new switch is going to be smothered by a smash announcement, bet.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

The list appears to be for game releases, so this probably has nothing to do with hardware. Note that the release dates are all 12/31/2019, so that's already in the past.

Based on what I'm seeing as inventory changes in hardware and game title media flow, the DS (2DS/3DS) is a dead platform. I expect the possibility of an even smaller Switch variant than the current Switch Lite, which will still use the same games as the rest of the Switch hardware, giving Nintendo a single platform ecosystem, simplifying game development and distribution.

I think all of the game console makers are going to end up only producing one platform at a time, instead of overlapping two, as has been the case since the PS2 and Xbox 360 came out.

2 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

At the minimum this is to fix the hardware exploit from the first gen switch.

If nintendo does a "(NEW)" type branding like they did with the 3DS then they're stupid.

That's already happened and has already been defeated. Heck even the new switch mini thing is weeks off being exploited.

It might be the switch pro that was rumoured?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 hours ago, williamcll said:

All the hype of the new switch is going to be smothered by a smash announcement, bet.

and then smash will be smothered by BOTW2 announcements...

side note: arlo's reaction is fucking hilarious, i watched other streams react to it live and no-one else reacted like him

side side note: the internet would not stop talking about BOTW 2 during that time, i didn't even know banjo was in smash untill two months later but i knew BOTW 2 was being worked on MINUETS after the trailer droped. i think people care more about LOZ then smash...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 1/2/2020 at 8:08 AM, Master Disaster said:

That's already happened and has already been defeated. Heck even the new switch mini thing is weeks off being exploited.

It might be the switch pro that was rumoured?

It's probably just the newer model in the different box design.

V2 models are HAC-001 (-01) (with longer battery life)

V1 models are HAC-001

So if there is a new build, I wouldn't believe it unless there is a different part number. 

However consider the age of the Switch ( 3 years). The SoC probably got moved to a smaller node size, or nVidia decided to stop producing the SoC in the Switch (ODNX02-A2.) It could also be simply that the Australian version wasn't refreshed until more recently since each market has to be shipped with a different AC brick.