Sup Techies,

So, I’m working through my first PC build, and I need some advice before going forward. I haven't purchased anything yet, so my options are still flexible. For context reasons, my pc will be heavily used for 3D modeling, some rendering, sculpting, as well as animations. I’m talking blender, maya, zbrush, unity, photoshop, etc. No email checking, or streaming, or 4K editing or anything of the sort. The only gaming I’ll be doing is testing my own, so I guess FPS is important in that respect.

I think I'm gonna go with a Ryzen 9 3900x for a CPU and a MSI GeForce RTX 2080 super for a GPU. I'm hoping that, along with my other build materials is gonna make a really powerful, able-to-handle-anything build. But, I'm having trouble matching my motherboard with my build. I've never built a PC before, so if anyone can suggest something that would be compatible with my parts for cheap, or offer some advice on how to go about checking myself would be awesome. My build parts are listed below. I've been refining them for about a month now, but please feel free to suggest some edits if something is outdated, or just not good in general. Trust me, my first parts list had noob problems all throughout and you guys have helpfully pointed out my errors. I was also hoping to stay below $2000, so if you have some money-saving tips as well, let me have them!

Thanks guys for all your help and advice in advance,
Autumn

(Here is my complete build so far:)

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-01 20:45 EST-0500

Personally on the motherboard I would go with an X570 series. They are ready for the 3000 series Ryzen's (Gen 3) and will be able to handle any future upgrades. I have been looking at the Crosshair VIII Hero (or Formula) as my next board. Although from what I have been reading and the videos I have been watching, and I can't believe that I am going to say this, Intel's 9900k is better at what you are wanting to do so that is another option.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0