Building my first PC - Need help (Light gaming and light video editing)

Hello everyone.
I'm pretty much a computer noob, who is lately trying to learn something and who wants to build his own computer.

Place: Norway
Budget: ~8000 nok (~920 usd), if it would be much better then I guess I could go up 1000 nok
Purpose of the build: Light gaming (Witcher, Skyrim, GTA, SIMS, Minecraft) and light video editing and I'm talking really light, most of the footage is 1080p (I'm currently using Corel Video Studio, but I want to get Premiere Pro and possibly After Effects and dive into learning those two more professional software)

After some research, here is what I come up with: 
As you can see I'm missing a graphics card, which I have no idea about which one would be best for my purpose and I wonder what should I buy cheaper and what to prioritize to somehow sqeeze a graphics card in to my budget. I wouldn't mind going a little bit above the budget, up to 9000 nok. 

I will appreciate, if you let me know what you think.
The description of the items are in Norwegian, but I hope it's easy to read.

578E1EF8-1D75-4143-9B1D-26EA1912943F.png

Get Kingston A400 480GB SSD instead of your current one.

Does that motherboard come with Ryzen 3000 ready bios? If not, get MSI B450 Tomahawk because you will have to update it yourself, and you cannot do it without older Ryzen CPU on the Asus board.

Oh and get lower wattage PSU. You don't need more than 550W.

As for the GPU, you should have enough money for GTX 1660 which will suit your needs perfectly.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I would agree with the recommendation of the B450 Tomahawk, but another alternative if you need to update the bios is AMD's 'Loan Boot Kit' - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

I would also agree with the recommendation to change the SSD. The 970 EVO is great, but its generally more expensive than comparable SSDs from samsung's competitors.

As for the Power Supply, it is almost definitely more than you need, but it will provide potential for future upgrading, and modular/semi modular power supplies are definitely better than non-modular. Since you wouldn't be using its full power it will likely run more efficiently as well, though considering its already 80+ gold that's not gonna make a huge difference (though more efficiency is good for the environment, so go for it. Save the planet.).

On 1/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, PopsicleHustler said:

Get Kingston A400 480GB SSD instead of your current one.

Does that motherboard come with Ryzen 3000 ready bios? If not, get MSI B450 Tomahawk because you will have to update it yourself, and you cannot do it without older Ryzen CPU on the Asus board.

Oh and get lower wattage PSU. You don't need more than 550W.

As for the GPU, you should have enough money for GTX 1660 which will suit your needs perfectly.

First of all, thank you for your reply! 

I can get that Kingston, but it's much slower. I was thinking that it will help a LOT when it's down to working with video files.

Is it the same thing with Tomahawk MAX? There's a bigger probability I would have to get that one. The thing with updating BIOS sounds a bit scary. 

Yeah, I can definitely cut on PSU and in addition get fully modular.

About GPU, do you think 1660 dual evo OC will cut it or should I be looking at super or Ti? And another question does GPU brand matter, because I see there are a lot of 1660 =p

2 hours ago, parotia said:

First of all, thank you for your reply! 

I can get that Kingston, but it's much slower. I was thinking that it will help a LOT when it's down to working with video files.

Is it the same thing with Tomahawk MAX? There's a bigger probability I would have to get that one. The thing with updating BIOS sounds a bit scary. 

Yeah, I can definitely cut on PSU and in addition get fully modular.

About GPU, do you think 1660 dual evo OC will cut it or should I be looking at super or Ti? And another question does GPU brand matter, because I see there are a lot of 1660 =p

You said it will be "Very light video editing of 1080p" so I don't think you will have to work with hour long 4k footage that weighs 1TB. Its still an SSD with respectable read/write speeds. And if you go with more expensive M.2, you won't have money left for a good GPU.

Yes, Tomahawk MAX will do the trick.

1660Ti is much better value. If you can squeeze your budget to get the Ti, definitely go for it.  But 1660 is still a good option.  

As for brands. Everyone got their favorite. But I would advise against getting some cheap chinese brands.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow