1500$ Build for my brother [Canada]

Hey guys, So my brother asked me to get him a new PC, since he's using a Macbook and he knows I'm better than him with PC stuff, He'll mainly be using it for gaming and SOME college work, His budget is 1500$ CAD, and he has a 1080p 60hz monitor, Here's the build I made for him,  Any suggestions on what I should change? (Btw He loves RGB)

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Does he already have a monitor? What resolution and refresh rate is it?

Forgot to mention that, It's a 1080p 60 hz monitor

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

4 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Forgot to mention that, It's a 1080p 60 hz monitor

I would suggest getting a cheaper case, cheaper graphics card, and using that saved money on a better monitor.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, DobertRownySr said:

I would suggest getting a cheaper case, cheaper graphics card, and using that saved money on a better monitor.

His friend is selling him his old 144hz monitor so it's fine

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

1 minute ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

His friend is selling him his old 144hz monitor so it's fine

Then yes, the PC looks fine. Good case choice btw, I have one and it's beautiful with amazing airflow.

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

4 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

Then yes, the PC looks fine. Good case choice btw, I have one and it's beautiful with amazing airflow.

Yea, I chose it cuz It's huge and It'll be so easy to cable manage.

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

12 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

He's getting a 144hz monitor soon, so it's fine :) , although should I get the XFX or MSI?

Both kind of suck, honestly.

If you can afford it, go for a pulse card from sapphire.

12 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Yea, I chose it cuz It's huge and It'll be so easy to cable manage.

Most cases are easy to cable manage nowadays. It's not worth the extra $70+.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Both kind of suck, honestly.

If you can afford it, go for a pulse card from sapphire.

Most cases are easy to cable manage nowadays. It's not worth the extra $70+.

sapphire card 24$ over budget, I'll get it, and for the case, Idk I guess I just like big cases

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

4 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

sapphire card 24$ over budget, I'll get it, and for the case, Idk I guess I just like big cases

If you don't overspend on the case, and rgb fans you'll be able to easily afford it.

1 hour ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Hey guys, So my brother asked me to get him a new PC, since he's using a Macbook and he knows I'm better than him with PC stuff, He'll mainly be using it for gaming and SOME college work, His budget is 1500$ CAD, and he has a 1080p 60hz monitor, Here's the build I made for him,  Any suggestions on what I should change? (Btw He loves RGB)

I would suggest not getting the msi x570 MPG boards, they're rumored to have some terrible VRMs

17 minutes ago, Bizzare said:

I would suggest not getting the msi x570 MPG boards, they're rumored to have some terrible VRMs

what should i get then?

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

2 hours ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

what should i get then?

X570-P or the TUF from asus, or the aorus elite from gigabyte. though with a 3600 you really only need a B450-A Pro/gaming plus/tomahawk.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

13 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

X570-P or the TUF from asus, or the aorus elite from gigabyte. though with a 3600 you really only need a B450-A Pro/gaming plus/tomahawk.

I'd personally go with the elite, or a good B450 board

2 hours ago, Bizzare said:

I'd personally go with the elite, or a good B450 board

is the msi b450m gaming plus good?

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

2 hours ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

is the msi b450m gaming plus good?

Idk. But I suggest the Msi B450 Tomahawk, it has really positive reviews.