Carpool Critics Podcast Announcement!

We do podcasts now! The first one our team is launching is Carpool Critics, hosted by James Strieb, Riley Murdock, and David Gauthier. You can check it out wherever you get your favorite podcasts, or through the link below. :) 

Direct Podcast Feed Linkhttp://carpoolcritics.libsyn.com/

Twitterhttps://twitter.com/CarpoolCritics

1400x1400+Album+Art+v2.jpg

Summary: "New movies, old movies- sometimes no movies at all! Hop in the passenger seat as three nerds have a SPOILER-FILLED, not-so-serious chat about the movies you love."

"We do podcasts now!"

WAN Show: "Am I a joke to you?"

You guys actually call the WAN show a podcast in the description of it, even though that is not the main focus :P 

But more content is always fun! I am not much of a movies guy, but I'll give the currently uploaded episodes a go.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I saw this on the lmg website a few days ago and I just assumed that it was just a floatplane exclusive thing that i didn't know about. Cool!

Damn where do you guys find the time in the day to do all this

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, James said:

Thanks! What do you want to see more of?

More David, obviously.

I wouldn't mind having a few more "classics" reviewed, simply because I never go to the cinema to see movies and I don't want to spoil it by listening to podcasts for stuff I haven't seen yet like the new star wars. I also think a lot of the meaning and context would be lost if you haven't seen the movie. So far the only movie you've covered that I've seen is inception.

Obviously the new stuff is what gets the clicks though so I'm remaining realistic about how much you can cover older films, but just a few older films every now and then thrown in to the mix would be good.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, James said:

I really like hearing David discuss the cinematographic aspects of movies i.e. camera works, set design, etc.

From the Rise of Skywalker episode, I enjoyed that we got an opinion of someone like me that is not a complete Star Wars and have him (you) defend his stance. I was expecting it to be a circlejerk of everything wrong with the movie but I was glad that it wasn't.

Episode suggestion: How about a personal list of favorite movies of the 2010's, and/or maybe discuss the theme that defined movies of the 2010's? Nevermind, you guys already did a past decade episode.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s

33 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Episode suggestion: How about a personal list of favorite movies of the 2010's, and/or maybe discuss the theme that defined movies of the 2010's?

I haven't listened to it yet, but I think they've done something similar. Unless you want a more detailed look at the industry and what defined the 2010s *cough* reboots *cough* Disney owning everything *cough*

"Top 3 movies of the decade"

54 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Dolittle was... different ._.

The new one with Robert Downey Jr? I've seen the trailers for it on TV and it looks... Not to my tastes. Is it at least decent for kids to watch?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I haven't listened to it yet, but I think they've done something similar. Unless you want a more detailed look at the industry and what defined the 2010s *cough* reboots *cough* Disney owning everything *cough*

"Top 3 movies of the decade"

Lol I should have looked at what they've done. Now I have something to listen to on my commute home.

2 hours ago, James said:

I don't have anything specific movie in mind. But generally anything you guys hated, I find that a lot more fun to listen too. And Any movie that uses some bulls**

tech. Like hacking in 3secs by just hitting a few keys. 

• 2 weeks later...

@RILEYISMYNAME, @James, and David! (Not sure what David's username is if he's here)

Firstly, really enjoy the show. I do enjoy other shows as well but hearing from people that I'm somewhat familiar with adds a little more to the critique and perspective. The personalities are key and between the three of you, the spectrum just works. In my mind, James and David are opposite ends of the spectrum while Riley sits in between.

Happy that CC isn't just focused on new releases etc and was pleasantly surprised with the coverage of Parasite. That was good and you didn't let me down as during the whole cast I was thinking to myself, "what about the title? Why aren't you commenting on the title?" and right at the end, it was brought up. Cool.

As classics go and somewhat of a possible theme to use as part of series or some such is to choose a prominent or recognizable film maker and while mentioning some of their more recent and popular works, go back and feature their first full length film.

For instance, David Lynch as an example. Eraserhead

Spoiler

Which could open the door for other like films such as Pi

Spoiler

Of course it need not be film noir or body horror genre films. I just used those as an example. You can do this with any myriad of film makers. It could be a fun rabbit hole for you gents and us listeners to go down together and shed some light on films that many might not even be aware that their favourite film makers had worked on.

Glad you guys are back on Floatplane!
Cheers!

On 1/17/2020 at 1:50 PM, James said:

Did you video the Star Wars podcast? I would love to see it. I am one of the weird ones that watches podcasts :) You guys are doing great! If you did a separate subscription on FP for your channel I would subscribe. I know you guys are having to pay for your own tickets, do you all have a way for me to donate to that? The reviews are great. Especially loved the roast of Dolittle. I would like a review of The Mandalorian. I know it isn't a movie, but I still would like to hear your thoughts. The Invisible Man trailer looked interesting it come out Feb 28.  The Lodge is a horror movie that is coming out Feb 7, it is supposed to be good.I can't wait to see A quiet Place 2. It comes out late March and my girl Black Widow in May. So, yeah, those movies. Thanks guys! Keep killing it!

***I want to add Hansel and Gretel because it looks super weird.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

4 hours ago, Elektra57 said:

I know you guys are having to pay for your own tickets, do you all have a way for me to donate to that?

Supporting them other than through the usual LTT routes is a good question. Perhaps after a while when they feel their audience has grown enough, some merch would be nice. ?

I'm personally waiting for Carpool Critics popcorn buckets but a t-shirt or hoodie would suffice. ? 

Cheers!

Have you considered branching out to discussing shows? Like someone mentioned above, the Mandalorian would be an interesting subject to talk about.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey i was trying to add you guys to my plex media server or even my player and there are three listings on the search area but no tracks listed in any of them. Any chance of that being fixed or where should i go to add etc

On 1/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, CPotter said:

We do podcasts now! The first one our team is launching is Carpool Critics, hosted by James Strieb, Riley Murdock, and David Gauthier. You can check it out wherever you get your favorite podcasts, or through the link below. :) 

Direct Podcast Feed Linkhttp://carpoolcritics.libsyn.com/

Twitterhttps://twitter.com/CarpoolCritics

1400x1400+Album+Art+v2.jpg

Summary: "New movies, old movies- sometimes no movies at all! Hop in the passenger seat as three nerds have a SPOILER-FILLED, not-so-serious chat about the movies you love."

• 1 month later...