The date of replies

EL02

At the top of a reply made yesterday, it says 31 December 2019 and not "yesterday at ......" Just wanted to point that out.

Well it never says yesterday to my knowledge because that's just inaccurate. Therefore it's a nice little feature and not a bug. YouTube uses that mentality.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Just now, Pascal... said:

Well it never says yesterday to my knowledge because that's just inaccurate. Therefore it's a nice little feature and not a bug. YouTube uses that mentality.

Wait what! I thought it does always say that.

IIRC it usually says X amount of hours ago up until 24 hours, then it says the date for ones older than that.

[edit[] Actually I think you may be correct, I just looked at an older thread I go to often.. and now it only says the date, but when hovered over will say the actual time it was posted... i'm pretty sure it used to say the time and date without hovering [tooltips].

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

EVERYBODY PANIC

IT'S Y2K AGAIN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

9 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

IIRC it usually says X amount of hours ago up until 24 hours, then it says the date for ones older than that.

[edit[] Actually I think you may be correct, I just looked at an older thread I go to often.. and now it only says the date, but when hovered over will say the actual time it was posted... i'm pretty sure it used to say the time and date without hovering [tooltips].

Yeah. Let's say i replied at X day. The next day it used to say "Posted yesterday at xx:xx". At least i think so.

Its the way forums software just works. When this happened first time, it was decided to be too minor thing to be worth of fixing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Based on the code, this looks like an intentional design decision, and an arbitrary line does have to be drawn somewhere. I agree that there are better ways that it could have been done, but it isn't something that I will be able to change.

HTTP/2 203

51 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Based on the code, this looks like an intentional design decision, and an arbitrary line does have to be drawn somewhere. I agree that there are better ways that it could have been done, but it isn't something that I will be able to change.

Also one more thing. When threads are moved from a subforum(whatever they're called) to another one, let's say from Off topic to Graphics Cards, the post counter still does not change.

1 minute ago, EL02 said:

Also one more thing. When threads are moved from a subforum(whatever they're called) to another one, let's say from Off topic to Graphics Cards, the post counter still does not change.

The user's post counter? That's something where the complexity of trying to keep it up to date, and corresponding performance impact with large topics, just isn't worth it for having the post count slightly more accurate.

HTTP/2 203

• 11 months later...

One would guess this is also a little bit a culprit:

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

One would guess this is also a little bit a culprit:

The forum doesn't use ISO weeks, or their related years, to calculate dates, so that isn't part of the issue here. For the people reporting this, it is actually 2021, and it's just displaying 2020 dates overly verbosely.

HTTP/2 203

This is also "the" old thread. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv