Has anyone watched Doom Annihilation? *spoilers*

Mister Woof

I just finished watching this, and I must say I didn't really enjoy it.

Spoiler

It was disappointing there were so few monster varieties. The first half the film felt like a copy/paste of the Resident Evil film because it was just zombies. The Movies were fast, too, which hasn't been a thing for Doom even in the newer ones.

I was really hoping to see some cacodemon and pinkies, maybe some cyberdemons. 

About the only thing I liked was the reference to Doom guy/Wolfenstein descendent, but was sad to see him die off screen.

If anyone has seen it, what are your thoughts?  What did you like or dislike about it?

If you haven't seen it yet, it is now on Netflix to stream.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

11 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

It was better than I expected, but that's because I went in expecting it to be the worst movie of 2019. It was cheaply shot like a budget Sy-Fy movie and flooded with references to cash in on that nostalgia. Most of the scenes where something was building up to be pretty badass were always cut short, most likely for budget. If the movie was given a bigger budget, I could see be actually pretty decent. Didn't hate it completely, so 1.5/5 rating.

Spoiler

They seemed to have spent the entire budget on the final cgi scene.

I can't really say how they could have done better without more budget, but maybe it should have been a judgment call of "hey unless we have xx amount of money/resources it's not worth making this movie because it will suck"

I'd have been happier if they cut the zombie down by 90%, did more story/discussion, a cheap scene with a pinkie/cacodemon, and then the final cgi scene with a cyberdemon/spider Mastermind

Spoiler

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

It was okay to watch, I've seen worse. 

I liked Doom 2005, even if it has nearly nothing to do with the source material. 

I'm guessing however that someone who is totally unfamiliar with the Doom lore will definitely hate the 2019 outing tho. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

It was okay to watch, I've seen worse. 

I liked Doom 2005, even if it has nearly nothing to do with the source material. 

It didn't help that none of the characters were likeable at all.

Maybe the computer?

It’s not the worst thing I have watched. Maybe a 5 out of 10. The previous Doom movie with the Rock was better. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.