Will SSD work in my PC?

4klips

I have this motherboard and I want to buy a SATA SSD 240 GB Kingston or maybe WD green. But this mobo is from 2013 I guess will it support these ssd? I heard something about ACHI must be there in BIOS. But I don't have complete knowledge about it. Can anyone tell will any ssd work in my pc? CPU is G2030.

1 minute ago, 4klips said:

I have this motherboard and I want to buy a SATA SSD 240 GB Kingston or maybe WD green. But this mobo is from 2013 I guess will it support these ssd? I heard something about ACHI must be there in BIOS. But I don't have complete knowledge about it. Can anyone tell will any ssd work in my pc? CPU is G2030.

Yes, SATA SSDs will work just fine. Also, the settings for AHCI, IDE or RAID - mode are found in your BIOS in the storage-devices settings. You'd most likely find your new SSD in your BIOS and then when you go and look at its settings, it'd offer the option to change IDE/RAID/AHCI for it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

24 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes, SATA SSDs will work just fine. Also, the settings for AHCI, IDE or RAID - mode are found in your BIOS in the storage-devices settings. You'd most likely find your new SSD in your BIOS and then when you go and look at its settings, it'd offer the option to change IDE/RAID/AHCI for it.

Thank you