Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The clueless enthusiast

Mergin large video files in a lossless way

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi All

I am working with 2 rather large files (around 30gb mark) their in mkv format right now, I need to put them together and render them into one file (preferably losslessly) then I intend on using handbrake to compress them a bit. I know this might seem contradictory, the only way I know how to do this is to convert them and tell the converter to merge the files (sadly this removes a lot of quality from the files) even though the files are supposed to be 1:1.

just to illustrate that last, the two originals are 50gb ish together, but after conversion theyre not much more than 14gb. so I assume a lot of quality has been lost somewhere.

Any ideas how to merge the two without taking such a quality loss?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, The clueless enthusiast said:

I need to put them together and render them into one file (preferably losslessly) then I intend on using handbrake to compress them a bit

If you're going to recompress them anyways, what's the point in first joining them losslessly? It's a redundant step.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, WereCatf said:

If you're going to recompress them anyways, what's the point in first joining them losslessly? It's a redundant step.

because when I compress them with handbrake I can choose how much quality to loose not some awful converter program that strips more than half using a much worse method as its visible