Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joelw2003

Be careful with Amazon returns

3 minutes ago, Joelw2003 said:

I've ordered about 90 items in past 6 months. When I count it, it's a lot.

Maybe your news years resolution should be to stop shopping all together (minus necessities). Think of the money you'll save.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've being using Amazon for years and tbh I return too many items, today I got an email from amazon saying I need to explain my returns, after googling it turns out it's basically a warning to stop returning so much, so I guess my new years resolution is to stop returning so much and to think about my purchases before I make them.

Just a warning to the other people who return too much.

Makes sense. You're likely costing them more money then you're worth. 

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Yes and they can drop you as a customer if you keep doing it.

That's exactly why my new year resolution is to stop returning stuff and think before I buy.

2 hours ago, Joelw2003 said:

I've being using Amazon for years and tbh I return too many items, today I got an email from amazon saying I need to explain my returns, after googling it turns out it's basically a warning to stop returning so much, so I guess my new years resolution is to stop returning so much and to think about my purchases before I make them.

Just a warning to the other people who return too much.

It’s more for fraud prevention then anything else. I got that a few times when trying to get a monitor without dead pixels or other issues. Just explained the situation to them and it was fine. Some people got it after returning like one item lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Be careful because they want to prevent potential fraud? I've had to return items from Amazon before and it was a super breezy experience the few times I've had to do it.

Local asshole and VHS collector. Less than avid Team Fortress 2 player.

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

The real issue here is why are you returning so many items that they have to basically threaten to drop you off for you to stop?

Are you one of those people who think just because returning an item is "free", that you can just order whatever, test them out for a bit a bit and promptly return them before the return window closes?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I mean I've had to hit up Amazon for missing packages a couple times and once for an item outside it's return window they still refunded me for it once I explained the situation, but I rarely make returns or have issues.

I see no issue here. They absolutely have the right to ask why you're returning an item if you're a serial offender.

Their return policy is a hell of a lot more relaxed than most stores, so if they've sent you this email then, according to some, it would appear you have a return rate of around 12-20%. you definitely need to fix your buying habits

To be fair they may not be looking for you specifically.  There are people who abuse return systems.  Breaking something, buying new, and returning the broken one is one of believe it or not less obnoxious of the practices they are trying to catch and curb.  There are people who send back bricks.  It was a big problem for department clothing stores in the 80’s. There was a girl at my school who owned two outfits and she never washed clothes.  She just kept on returning stuff to Dayton’s for fresh clothes.

Dayton’s is dead now.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

When I used to work for a big retail store.  I seen a lot of fraud HDTV returns.  They would return the HDTV but the internal parts were either gutted out or the screen would be busted and they kept the original OEM screen and gave us the busted screen.  So we had to check all the parts and serial numbers on each HDTV's side panel and inside of the HDTV's.

Basically returning Electronics is hard for most retailers and online stores.  I even seen people gutted out desktop PC's just scam us by putting the wrong GPU's in the desktops with the wrong ones.

The only time I returned an item was when I got a rental book from them and it was cut up ?

Join the nyalliance today, nya! ❤️

5 minutes ago, veldora said:

The only time I returned an item was when I got a rental book from them and it was cut up ?

I returned a book once 10 minutes after I bought it on the grounds that it sucked.  I considered it the equivalent of walking out of the theatre.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I returned a Compact Flash Card to Best Buy because I bought the wrong one.  And they didn't give me any issues on returning it.  Just didn't even open the packaging ?

I think such an email should be sent to more customers because others have to pay for their unnecessary returns. Iam glad you will think about it more often in the future

12 hours ago, Joelw2003 said:

That's exactly why my new year resolution is to stop returning stuff and think before I buy.

Thinking before doing something is always a good Idea.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

13 hours ago, Joelw2003 said:

That think before you buy bit is probably the more important part of the resolution.  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/3 Corsair SP120L and 3 Noctua NF-F12 3000 fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-15-14-14-30  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

@Joelw2003 How many returns are we talking about?

Pixel Collider i9 9900k | Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Corsair AX 860 | Corsair Vengance LPX 16Gb 3200 Mhz | Corsair 760t | Noctua NH-D15S | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB |Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb, WD Caviar Black 4Tb, WD Caviar Black 1Tb | (3) Noctua NF-A14 FLX, (2) Noctua NF-A15 chromax.black.swap (1) Noctua NF-S12A, (1) NF-A15 PWM,  Noctua NA-HC3 chromax.black.swap heatsink covers

I return quite a few items to them... but mostly because they've been screwing up orders... like sending the wrong item or sending a defective one... only 5-10% of my returns are actually due to finding out the item doesn't do what I want, or is of such low quality that I'd have never have bought it in the first place had I known.

Some one mentioned buying some new and returning a broken one... and I'd like to point out that Amazon are really crappy at honouring consumer laws here in the UK. If you buy something and it's within warranty, it's down to the seller to sort it out... Amazon simply wash their hands of any responsibility and refuse to help. Leaving it to the customer to jump through all of the hoops to deal with the manufacturer and expense of having it repaired/replaced.  Some manufacturers are good and some are even worse.

So the only option those people have, is to purchase another and send the faulty one back for Amazon to deal with as they should have in the first place... or risk being further out of pocket on a product that is under warranty and their consumer rights are being abused. For some that's an issue, but morally and ethically... I don't have a problem with it at all. Don't treat your customers like garbage and people won't find a work around to your crappy and (illegal) anti consumer practices. Amazon didn't get as big as they are buy being ethical or moral, nor by treating customers (or workers) like human beings.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

1 minute ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

I return quite a few items to them... but mostly because they've been screwing up orders... like sending the wrong item or sending a defective one... only 5-10% of my returns are actually due to finding out the item doesn't do what I want, or is of such low quality that I'd have never have bought it in the first place had I known.

Some one mentioned buying some new and returning a broken one... and I'd like to point out that Amazon are really crappy at honouring consumer laws here in the UK. If you buy something and it's within warranty, it's down to the seller to sort it out... Amazon simply wash their hands of any responsibility and refuse to help. Leaving it to the customer to jump through all of the hoops to deal with the manufacturer and expense of having it repaired/replaced.  Some manufacturers are good and some are even worse.

So the only option those people have, is to purchase another and send the faulty one back for Amazon to deal with as they should have in the first place... or risk being further out of pocket on a product that is under warranty and their consumer rights are being abused. For some that's an issue, but morally and ethically... I don't have a problem with it at all. Don't treat your customers like garbage and people won't find a work around to your crappy and (illegal) anti consumer practices. Amazon didn't get as big as they are buy being ethical or moral, nor by treating customers (or workers) like human beings.

Different country different rules.  Sending back a 5 year old worn out coffee maker I’ve seen though.  Bought what I thought was a new coffee maker.  It emphatically wasn’t.

Why would anyone worry about Amazon losing money? Screw your heads on straight and understand Amazon is like sears. Once they are poweful enough to kill the competition they will increase their prices like Walgreens.

supposedly they don't charge your account for purchases that haven't shipped [their words not mine] , but yet they charged me for a canceled order ... not overly impressed with amazon support either didn't do shit to help , told me to go to my bank and complain lol. 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

5 hours ago, Gix7Fifty said:

@Joelw2003 How many returns are we talking about?

About 15 in the past 6 months, 3 of which was trying to get a monitor without dead pixels. I've ordered about 90 items in past 6 months. When I count it, it's a lot.