Multimedia keyboard buttons not working

Go to solution Solved by TheNuzziNuzz,

Figured it out! This is so stupid, but the solution was uninstalling "Google Play Music" from the chrome extensions tab in ADDITION to disabling "Hardware Media Key Handling" in chrome://flags

Hi. I have a fresh install of windows. Just got spotify working.  When I the Stop, Play, Pause, Skip, Rewind, etc buttons on my corsair keyboard it does not effect my music, or even bring up the windows dialog.

To make things stranger, I figured out that it does actually work as normal if I am holding any of the special keys usch as ctrl, windows key, alt, or shift. I don't remember it being like this. Anyone have any ideas how i can get it back to normal?

Computers r fun

Did you install drivers for keyboard? And do you know if keyboard has toggle for the keys. If you give actual model, I can check the manual for you too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/31/2019 at 6:29 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Did you install drivers for keyboard? And do you know if keyboard has toggle for the keys. If you give actual model, I can check the manual for you too.

Corsair k95 platinum rgb.  I have the iCue software installed. There doesn't seem to be any settings for media controls in the key lock settings. Thank you very much!! :) 

Computers r fun

10 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Corsair k95 platinum rgb.  I have the iCue software installed. There doesn't seem to be any settings for media controls in the key lock settings. Thank you very much!! :) 

Try to "reinstall" it, so to say. Remove drivers, plug-n-play ones too, remove device and disconnect it. Then reboot. Windows will install PnP drivers when new device is found.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Try to "reinstall" it, so to say. Remove drivers, plug-n-play ones too, remove device and disconnect it. Then reboot. Windows will install PnP drivers when new device is found.

Just tried this. It didn't help. I plugged in another keyboard with media buttons. The same thing happens. I think its a windows thing.....

Computers r fun

Figured it out! This is so stupid, but the solution was uninstalling "Google Play Music" from the chrome extensions tab in ADDITION to disabling "Hardware Media Key Handling" in chrome://flags

Computers r fun