Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Is there any RGB fans and equipment that show up in stock motherboard software? Everything MSI makes shows up in mystic light everything Asus makes shows up on Aura sync. A lot of brands claim to be Aura sync and mystic light compatible but still require their own software to control the RGB? EVGA AIO requires its own software. Thermaltake riing fans claim to be in mystic light compatible require their own software as well. I know Corsair makes a controller and a ton of compatible skus what is there anything that you can buy like a pcie riser card that would allow the system itself to control RGB functions?

Doesn't even have to be addressable RGB. What would just allow independent channels of control.

Currently I'm using a Silverstone RGB hub that feeds off the motherboards 5050 header. But it requires everything that's plugged into it to be the same color. Cooler Master makes a hub that has four separate channels but requires its own software. 

Sorry for the long winded post I just know there's a lot of modders that would like to be able to add RGB to a system that doesn't support it or to have more control over rgb

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Cooler Master RGB https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZXSZW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JYUcEbB759C6X

 

SilverStone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9QJBGF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_22UcEbQ3KQ0AM

 

Thermaltake https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079FYL6LM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_S.UcEb72GSD92 this allows you to control off your motherboard headder but all the devices are treated as one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brokebeardedguy said:

Is there any RGB fans and equipment that show up in stock motherboard software? Everything MSI makes shows up in mystic light everything Asus makes shows up on Aura sync. A lot of brands claim to be Aura sync and mystic light compatible but still require their own software to control the RGB? EVGA AIO requires its own software. Thermaltake riing fans claim to be in mystic light compatible require their own software as well. I know Corsair makes a controller and a ton of compatible skus what is there anything that you can buy like a pcie riser card that would allow the system itself to control RGB functions?

Doesn't even have to be addressable RGB. What would just allow independent channels of control.

Currently I'm using a Silverstone RGB hub that feeds off the motherboards 5050 header. But it requires everything that's plugged into it to be the same color. Cooler Master makes a hub that has four separate channels but requires its own software. 

Sorry for the long winded post I just know there's a lot of modders that would like to be able to add RGB to a system that doesn't support it or to have more control over rgb

so i think i get what your asking that your mb header and anything attached to it all get the same mode. if you have 2 mb headers you might be able to set 1 to 1 mode and another to another 1.

 

if you want more than that then you have to use a usb controller. like nzxt,thermaltake,corsair,coolermaster,aquacomputer,Lamptron, maybe ek down the road. i think asus has a controller now too.

your other option is to go maul but i dont no of a multi channel maul controller thow.

 

trying to get different connectors and different company products to work with each other is another task and most of it is trial and error.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

so i think i get what your asking that your mb header and anything attached to it all get the same mode. if you have 2 mb headers you might be able to set 1 to 1 mode and another to another 1.

 

if you want more than that then you have to use a usb controller. like nzxt,thermaltake,corsair,coolermaster,aquacomputer,Lamptron, maybe ek down the road. i think asus has a controller now too.

your other option is to go maul but i dont no of a multi channel maul

In essence yes. In mystic light I can assign each monitors RGB, I can assign vrm lighting, chipset lighting, sli bridge color, graphics card RGB, headphone RGB, key board RGB and mouse. All can sync together or run independent colors.

But all the brands that are "comparable" like my tt riing plus fans. Require thermaltake hub and software they are not controllable through mystic light and therefore never sync with everything.

The wife's PC is MSI/Corsair and all her Corsair components sync through her Razer software or through mystic light or through the Corsair software.

The goal would be to eventually run everything through one piece of software Instead of one for the aio. One for the case fans and one for the system.

 

Maybe I'll order a nzxt or coolermaster and see if I can get it to sync up

 

I dont care for the RGB much. Usually leave everything red but it would be nice to adjust it all at once

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brokebeardedguy said:

In essence yes. In mystic light I can assign each monitors RGB, I can assign vrm lighting, chipset lighting, sli bridge color, graphics card RGB, headphone RGB, key board RGB and mouse. All can sync together or run independent colors.

But all the brands that are "comparable" like my tt riing plus fans. Require thermaltake hub and software they are not controllable through mystic light and therefore never sync with everything.

The wife's PC is MSI/Corsair and all her Corsair components sync through her Razer software or through mystic light or through the Corsair software.

The goal would be to eventually run everything through one piece of software Instead of one for the aio. One for the case fans and one for the system.

 

Maybe I'll order a nzxt or coolermaster and see if I can get it to sync up

 

I dont care for the RGB much. Usually leave everything red but it would be nice to adjust it all at once

there no program that can do it all. you have to charry pick parts that can. rgb would be easier to get to all sync up. gl

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only wae in RGB is called Corsair, if your MoBo has RGB i'd rather go with Gigabyte since i've heard awful things about Asus' RGB and AsRock is not impressive either, but for the rest absolutely go 100% Corsair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 12/31/2019 at 1:56 PM, thrasher_565 said:

there no program that can do it all. you have to charry pick parts that can. rgb would be easier to get to all sync up. gl

yeah I'm learning that I just wish they wouldn't list compatibility if they use completely different software/hardware to operate it. Or would list integration vs combability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brokebeardedguy said:

Can anybody make a suggestion for some fans that could run off the standard RGB header?

 

Kind of like these

Enermax T.B. RGB 120mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078LK1WCZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7rafEbHGEH19S

 

They can run via controller or with a cable from 12v headder

 

you need a 4pin 12v connector for rgb and a 2+1 pin 5v argb connector for argb

 

 

88c60d7dc3ac7f2052f0d71f60a7132b.jpg

5v argb conetor.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you need a 4pin 12v connector for rgb and a 2+1 pin 5v argb connector for argb

 

 

 

Yes, I'm aware. I was looking for some recommendations that meet 12v RGB controls the same way 5050 LED strips do.   The fans I linked offer that but a lot of people say ennermax fans are cheep so I didn't know of any alternatives

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, brokebeardedguy said:

Yes, I'm aware. I was looking for some recommendations that meet 12v RGB controls the same way 5050 LED strips do.   The fans I linked offer that but a lot of people say ennermax fans are cheep so I didn't know of any alternatives

i guess people need to no what your budget is then recommend with in that. also how much you want strips fans other stuff what is all you want. that ennermax

controller will have proprietary connectors on them so you will be limited to just that. if you wanted a strip too and cant fit that controller then you will need a spliter. (keep in mind you do have a limit on how many smds 1 head can handle)

 

ya 12v rgb is the same on anything. as long as you have the right connector to attach to the mb header your good.

ya ennermax are considers generic fans so you get what you pay for. might work and look good or might crap out in a week. 

 

ok i should add that there could be different smd that uses different amount of power so say you got 2 strips and one uses more power then the other they you could get 1 dimmer and 1 brighter. as some point if you have a really long or alot of smd you will run out of power so you will need a repeater but i don't think this is any ones case unless you go mad with rgb like me or do your room/ desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

i guess people need to no what your budget is then recommend with in that. also how much you want strips fans other stuff what is all you want. that ennermax

controller will have proprietary connectors on them so you will be limited to just that. if you wanted a strip too and cant fit that controller then you will need a spliter. (keep in mind you do have a limit on how many smds 1 head can handle)

 

ya 12v rgb is the same on anything. as long as you have the right connector to attach to the mb header your good.

ya ennermax are considers generic fans so you get what you pay for. might work and look good or might crap out in a week

I already have an RGB splitter that takes the information from the motherboard header as well as power from a SATA connector to run as many RGB devices as my little heart desires. I'm not so much concerned with the price of the fans what more concerned with how they hook up to the computer. 

I would be thrilled to death to find fans that used a 3/4 pin pwm as well as a 4pin RGB. My case came with thermaltake ring fans in blue. I would simply like to find fans that could be any color. And control off the motherboard header.

Not 5 volt ARGB just single color fans.

I despise that there seems to be no standard taraji being and everybody has to make their own software. That's why I have no RGB in my case. But my peripherals all have it so I thought it would be cool to have it all match.

 

I used the enermax as an example because even though they have a proprietary controller, it controller can plug in to the 12 volt RGB header and to get it's color information from the motherboard as opposed to having to use separate software. Or you can use the included controller to pick colors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, brokebeardedguy said:

 

The same as why someone doesn't make a simple USB to 5vARGB header. Or a small PCI 1x controller. People use Arduino and some more devices to make an entire house dance in lights what no company makes anyting compatible with current motherboard standards. To retrofit 12-volt headders. 

 

Even MSI makes a PCI aero adapter to run 5 m.2 drives in raid configuration. 

 

I feel like enough people inquire in the market would be there if someone could just deliver.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so i read the your other post and seems like you no some stuff about rgb. like i said there no program that dose it all. only thing you can do is buy stuff that is comparable with the mb software if you want it to all sink up. imo mb software is shit.

 

i gave you what connectors you need to look for. and yes generic fans normally don't have 3 or 4 pin fan connectors like the name brands.

 

the enermax fans will work just fine as it says it work with sync

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ok so i read the your other post and seems like you no some stuff about rgb. like i said there no program that dose it all. only thing you can do is buy stuff that is comparable with the mb software if you want it to all sink up. imo mb software is 

 

the enermax fans will work just fine as it says it work with sync

Right on I just didn't know if there was any higher end brands that offer 12 volt compatibility. I know deepcool makes an adapter but it's apparently hard to get I'm not a huge fan of the RGB that's why I'm not really looking for komplex lighting systems. but as I upgrade to higher end components everything seems to kind of have RGB Incorporated. So I thought it would be nice to just try to pick single colors and have a nice subtle glow without 10 different pieces of software to control everything 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brokebeardedguy said:

Right on I just didn't know if there was any higher end brands that offer 12 volt compatibility. I know deepcool makes an adapter but it's apparently hard to get I'm not a huge fan of the RGB that's why I'm not really looking for komplex lighting systems. but as I upgrade to higher end components everything seems to kind of have RGB Incorporated. So I thought it would be nice to just try to pick single colors and have a nice subtle glow without 10 different pieces of software to control everything 

lamptron,, aquacomputer, thermaltake, corsair with a convertor,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

lamptron,, aquacomputer, thermaltake, corsair with a convertor,

wow the lamptron's are exactly what I was looking for pwm with simple 5050 control, I could honestly kiss you, lol. something you knew about or did you search? ive been looking for weeks.

http://lamptron.com/Products/casefan/102.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, brokebeardedguy said:

wow the lamptron's are exactly what I was looking for pwm with simple 5050 control, I could honestly kiss you, lol. something you knew about or did you search? ive been looking for weeks.

http://lamptron.com/Products/casefan/102.html

iv looked hi and low for anything rgb so ya mostly stayed away for the generic fan pack thow so don't no much about them.

in my build i when corsair eco system and trying to hook lianli, barrow, bykski, to corsair....or thats the plan.....we will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I really wanted to keep to the Thermaltake fans but I wasn't sure of the pin diagram. I've though about trying to buy just one and see what each pin is responsible for. id imagine each fan uses similar or the same component's just different connectors. I run into the same things in automotive and engineering. the pare are responsible for the same tasks but sensor resistance can be different or pigtail ends are different so we have to change and adapt to make different brands/manufactures work together. a lot of times with motor controllers and timer we have to strip the wires and apply our own plugs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brokebeardedguy said:

I really wanted to keep to the Thermaltake fans but I wasn't sure of the pin diagram. I've though about trying to buy just one and see what each pin is responsible for. id imagine each fan uses similar or the same component's just different connectors. I run into the same things in automotive and engineering. the pare are responsible for the same tasks but sensor resistance can be different or pigtail ends are different so we have to change and adapt to make different brands/manufactures work together. a lot of times with motor controllers and timer we have to strip the wires and apply our own plugs

you should look at my build and corsair guide is in the sig

ya just need to find the pin out and then hook it up and see if it works.

 

were it gets more confusing is the argb stuff as it runs off a pwm signal and some chips like a frequency wave and other like a different wave were some can meet in the middle and still work witch each other. but manufacturers would tell you what there produces pwm wave is so.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you should look at my build and corsair guide is in the sig

ya just need to find the pin out and then hook it up and see if it works.

 

were it gets more confusing is the argb stuff as it runs off a pwm signal and some chips like a frequency wave and other like a different wave were some can meet in the middle and still work witch each other. but manufacturers would tell you what there produces pwm wave is so.....

I have not played with much new electronics I use to work with microprocessors/controllers in the serial/analog days so I could probably take a crack at the simple stuff. but I haven't touched anything now that its all digital.  I picked up an Arduino thinking it would carry over and its not even close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, thrasher_565 said:

you should look at my build and corsair guide is in the sig

just looked at the specs for the different fans. The Lamptron Nova's have higher pressure and cfm then Thermaltake Riing, NZXT AER, Coolermaster MF and are all but tied with corsair LL fans I think ill have to order some and make a review. especially for the price

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×