Recommendations for router

Rickie cheong

I need a recommendation for a somewhat decently priced router that can saturate the 300 Mbps download I have. Current router I have barely gives me 30-50 Mbps. Any choices that won't break the bank?

Does it need wifi?  If so what standards, how big or a house?

Do you need any other features?

What does the router have to do when giving 300mbit? IPS? anti virus? fancy routing?

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it need wifi?  If so what standards, how big or a house?

Do you need any other features?

What does the router have to do when giving 300mbit? IPS? anti virus? fancy routing?

Yeah, need it for WiFi. 4250 square feet house. Not too sure about standards, never gotten too into this stuff. Not really looking for any other feature since I'm just an average user. Just need a recommendation for something that's not too fancy and doesn't break the bank

18 minutes ago, Rickie cheong said:

Yeah, need it for WiFi. 4250 square feet house. Not too sure about standards, never gotten too into this stuff. Not really looking for any other feature since I'm just an average user. Just need a recommendation for something that's not too fancy and doesn't break the bank

For a house of that size, id get a mesh system or multiple access points. Do you have wires ran to different parts of the house? If so, get a few access points, else get a mesh system.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For a house of that size, id get a mesh system or multiple access points. Do you have wires ran to different parts of the house? If so, get a few access points, else get a mesh system

Any recommendations for those two things you recommended?

46 minutes ago, Rickie cheong said:

Any recommendations for those two things you recommended?

For access points, id go unifi, for mesh, id probably go with eero or google wifi.

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For access points, id go unifi, for mesh, id probably go with eero or google wifi.

yes on the unifi, simple to setup, simple to manage, simple to add more devices. Bit on the pricey side but it just works