Is it okay to order 2 more sticks?

I'll keep it short, I've upgraded my PC early last year and I had put 2x8 TridentZ this exact model :

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/166/1536654268/F4-3200C16D-16GTZRTrident-Z-RGBDDR4-3200MHz-CL16-18-18-38-1.35V16GB-(2x8GB)

Now I wanna upgrade my RAM, make it 32GB and I've been meaning to place order for another 2x8 kit [exact model] but I read someplace that you oughta order 4x8 Kits if you wanna have them be compatible and that's been messing with me because I can't just ignore my current RAM and order another kit of 4x8.

So am I safe in ordering 2 more of the same model?

Rest of the specs: Intel i7 8700K + GTX 1080Ti + ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E Motherboard

Let me know, thanks!

well that place is lying its perfectly fine to buy ram of the same model later. heck its fine most of the time running ram of different models together. i ran 2 g skill sniper ram with 2 generic lenovo oem ram and they ran without any problems but to be safe they should be the same model

3 minutes ago, Satish Suthar said:

I'll keep it short, I've upgraded my PC early last year and I had put 2x8 TridentZ this exact model :

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/166/1536654268/F4-3200C16D-16GTZRTrident-Z-RGBDDR4-3200MHz-CL16-18-18-38-1.35V16GB-(2x8GB)

Now I wanna upgrade my RAM, make it 32GB and I've been meaning to place order for another 2x8 kit [exact model] but I read someplace that you oughta order 4x8 Kits if you wanna have them be compatible and that's been messing with me because I can't just ignore my current RAM and order another kit of 4x8.

So am I safe in ordering 2 more of the same model?

Rest of the specs: Intel i7 8700K + GTX 1080Ti + ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E Motherboard

Let me know, thanks!

@spartaman64 is correct.

Buy the other kit later, no worries at all.  Many of us here have done that exact thing.

It'll be fine, no worries. :) I've even ran 2x4 1600 MHz + 1x8 1866 MHz on DDR3 for years without issues. :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

51 minutes ago, Satish Suthar said:

but I read someplace that you oughta order 4x8 Kits if you wanna have them be compatible

That is not true at all, maybe it was for DDR and DDR2 days? but not anymore

Though it will always be recommended to get the exact model to match the primary timings, the Memory IC's *might* be different but the board is smart enough to figure it out the secondary and tertiary timings on its own.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.