Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FK2tame

Is there anyway to use 4pin 12v rgb header at 5v argb port on motherboard?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello there, I just noticed that I have 4 pin 12v header on my Cryorig C7 RGB and my board Strix B360-i have only 1 argb 5v port.

When i plugged it in, the cooler only show default color and cannot be changed using Aura Sync software.

Is there anyway to use the argb port to control or sync the cooler rgb? Maybe by using some sort of connector or hub or converter?

6 hours ago, FK2tame said:

Hello there, I just noticed that I have 4 pin 12v header on my Cryorig C7 RGB and my board Strix B360-i have only 1 argb 5v port.

When i plugged it in, the cooler only show default color and cannot be changed using Aura Sync software.

Is there anyway to use the argb port to control or sync the cooler rgb? Maybe by using some sort of connector or hub or converter?

you will need a 12v rgb usb controller to use it.

Posted · Original PosterOP
20 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you will need a 12v rgb usb controller to use it.

I already bought Deepcool RGB Convertor but sadly, it still require me to put the 12v 4 pin into the motherboard, which my motherboard doesn't have. I have the Strix B360-i and it only have 3 pin ARGB port.

You will have to use a controller independent of your motherboard. You can not but a 4 pin into a three pin header. The are not compatible. So for you the answer is no, you can't do it 

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Spire RGB, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, Memory: 2 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB 8GB (total 16GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, Monitor: Acer S271HL 27" LCD, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G604 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0