Is there anyway to use 4pin 12v rgb header at 5v argb port on motherboard?

FK2tame

Hello there, I just noticed that I have 4 pin 12v header on my Cryorig C7 RGB and my board Strix B360-i have only 1 argb 5v port.

When i plugged it in, the cooler only show default color and cannot be changed using Aura Sync software.

Is there anyway to use the argb port to control or sync the cooler rgb? Maybe by using some sort of connector or hub or converter?

6 hours ago, FK2tame said:

Hello there, I just noticed that I have 4 pin 12v header on my Cryorig C7 RGB and my board Strix B360-i have only 1 argb 5v port.

When i plugged it in, the cooler only show default color and cannot be changed using Aura Sync software.

Is there anyway to use the argb port to control or sync the cooler rgb? Maybe by using some sort of connector or hub or converter?

you will need a 12v rgb usb controller to use it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

20 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you will need a 12v rgb usb controller to use it.

I already bought Deepcool RGB Convertor but sadly, it still require me to put the 12v 4 pin into the motherboard, which my motherboard doesn't have. I have the Strix B360-i and it only have 3 pin ARGB port.

• 2 weeks later...

You will have to use a controller independent of your motherboard. You can not but a 4 pin into a three pin header. The are not compatible. So for you the answer is no, you can't do it 

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0