Workstation: Dell R720 16c32t 128GB

I got a Dell r720 w/ 128gb ddr3 ecc, dual e5-2660’s, and 8x bays filled with 500gb SATA HDDs as a nas. Has anyone else used this sort of server config for video & photo editing? I have a 650ti in the 16x slot on one cpu, and an r5 230 in an 8x slot on the other cpu, with 2x monitors connected to each. Would the GPUs be a significant bottleneck? I have a 120gb ssd as the boot and games and such on the raid array and everything seems decently responsive until I open up premiere, ae, or photoshop. 

16 hours ago, aluminumpotato said:

I got a Dell r720 w/ 128gb ddr3 ecc, dual e5-2660’s, and 8x bays filled with 500gb SATA HDDs as a nas. Has anyone else used this sort of server config for video & photo editing? I have a 650ti in the 16x slot on one cpu, and an r5 230 in an 8x slot on the other cpu, with 2x monitors connected to each. Would the GPUs be a significant bottleneck? I have a 120gb ssd as the boot and games and such on the raid array and everything seems decently responsive until I open up premiere, ae, or photoshop. 

I don't know about premiere, but photoshop performance is very much tied to clock speed. Despite being 10 cores, you only have 2.2Ghz. Photoshop is going to crawl with that. 

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

I don't know about premiere, but photoshop performance is very much tied to clock speed. Despite being 10 cores, you only have 2.2Ghz. Photoshop is going to crawl with that. 

Even worse, 16 cores. But with throttlestop it sustains 2.8-3

premiere isn't that great either, something like a more modern ryzen or i7 will normally be faster. Not a great workstation for adobe cc, unless you need the ram.