Is this a real working thing/motherboard?

Thought this was pretty cool but not positive it is real. Please let me know. Also would I be able to put 2 gtx 760s in it?   

http://amfeltec.com/products/pci-pcie-expansion-backplane/

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Looks like a cheap, piece of crap expansion for a real PC.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i seriously have no idea what that is but theres no CPU socket... :S

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Asus made one of these called the RoG Xpander

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Thought this was pretty cool but not positive it is real. Please let me know. Also would I be able to put 2 gtx 760s in it?   

No because the 2 PCI-e slots are right next to each other. It is still a cool idea for a product.

Benjamin G- it is an expansion board that connects via CAT6

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

yes its a motherboard but i dont think it would be a good idea to put two gtx seven sixty in this motherboard

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Asus made one of these called the RoG Xpander

really? I was unable to find this on any online retailer

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

it called a PCI-E/PCI daughterboard

this is more for PCs which have limited expansion slot to increase the number of PCI slots

just like the ROG expander for the Asus Rampage III to allow you to fit up to 4 GPUs

the board will need a dedicated power to the board and will split the PCI bus to support more slot at the cost of bandwidth speeds.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

really? I was unable to find this on any online retailer

it has been discontinued

the newer ROG boards now able to support 4 GPUs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

it has been discontinued

the newer ROG boards now able to support 4 GPUs

do you know where I could buy a newer one?

I don't think its a Mobo, its a PCB that connects to a mobo to extend your PCI lanes. 

It doesn't extend the lanes, per say. It just gives you more slots. You can't have 16 lanes on this, but only have your motherboard have 8, for example. As far as I know.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I see no way in which this could work. First of all, the host adapter only runs in 1x. 1x to dual 16x + multiple PCI wont scale well...

~Judah

do you know where I could buy a newer one?

just get a mobo which have at least 2 well spaced GPU slots

usually they will say the board supports SLi or X-Fire setups

yes you increase the number of slot you can have but you lose the bandwidth of the fast PCI-E

similar to the function when you install 2 GPUs

the PCI-E speed will split to 8x and 8x to support the 2 GPUs.

just get a mobo which have at least 2 well spaced GPU slots

usually they will say the board supports SLi or X-Fire setups

yes you increase the number of slot you can have but you lose the bandwidth of the fast PCI-E

similar to the function when you install 2 GPUs

the PCI-E speed will split to 8x and 8x to support the 2 GPUs.

I just want some expansion so I don't have to buy a new motherboard. Bandwidth doesn't matter as long it's at least 8x

I just want some expansion so I don't have to buy a new motherboard. Bandwidth doesn't matter as long it's at least 8x

don't waste your money on this

trust me it really not worth the time.

and do note this will add height to your mobo and the GPU will not fit into the casing

This will not give you 8X.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler