Quick charger IPhone Xs

Frosty!

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for some advice for a new charger. I’ve gotten the usb-c to lightning cable but I haven’t got an (usb-c) fast charger. But I’m a little concerned about what is best for my phone, especially the battery.

Im looking at an belkin charger which has usb-a 12W and usb-c 27W or the original Apple usb-c with 18W.

Any advice would be appreciated!

greetings Frosty

IMHO The 12 or the 18 if you’re worried about battery cycle life.  Apple knows exactly what the capacity of the battery in its phone is.  If it could take 27w they very possibly would have made a 27w charger.  That they didn’t implies it’s can’t take that much juice.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

22 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

IMHO The 12 or the 18 if you’re worried about battery cycle life.  Apple knows exactly what the capacity of the battery in its phone is.  If it could take 27w they very possibly would have made a 27w charger.  That they didn’t implies it’s can’t take that much juice.

This just isn’t true. The phone regulates how much electricity it takes in. You can use a MacBook Pro charger with an iPhone no problem.

18 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

This just isn’t true. The phone regulates how much electricity it takes in. You can use a MacBook Pro charger with an iPhone no problem.

Interesting.  A lot of battery powered devices don’t.   If that is the case it doesn’t matter what size charger is used unless it overloads the internal regulation gear.  One wonders why they didn’t then, or didn’t simply use a charger they already made.  Less tooling.  Lithium batteries have very serious limits on how many ma they can draw without damaging the battery.  It does vary according to the battery drain level.  One would think it would depend on the phone.  It is something I would be less surprised to see on an Apple device.  Phones are so very short on internal space though.  It’s something I might want to make sure of in a particular model.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.