Need help about Ransomware

Hey guys, I tried to pirate a game and got ransomware lol I know pathetic, I got most of my files already backed up before but is this something I should worry about?? and can you guys link me to article or videos to get rid of that shit?? And is there anyway I can get back my files? Thank you!!!?

Woohoo backups!

im something of a tinfoil hatter when it comes to such attacks, but If you can afford to blind wipe your drive and rebuild it’s probably the better option.  There are a lot of randomware types.  Some of them hide other things on the drive when they encrypt things.  I personally would suspect everything on the system capable of holding data and would update my bios as well.  Also anything that I plugged into the machine such as USB sticks.  Also there’s a non zero chance that any data on the drive such as passwords for anything stored in any software might already be in the hands of the ransomware creators.  Changing passwords might be the better part of valor too.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.