Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
williamcll

(Edit: announce Feb11th) Phone wars : the rise of Samsung Galaxy - New Flagship Leaks

52 minutes ago, FibonKylix said:

I can't believe we are almost in 2020 and people are still whinging about not having a headphone jack ?

I'm mostly tired of having to charge yet another thing every night to use. I wouldn't mind using some of my expensive headphones with my phone too though. I don't mind a dongle as much as others but I'd still be happy with a headphone jack.

1 hour ago, FibonKylix said:

I can't believe we are almost in 2020 and people are still whinging about not having a headphone jack ?

Because people would rather have a dedicated jack than a dongle that stops you from charging your phone while being used or having to use wireless headphones, which are yet another thing to charge? Plenty of headphones are still being manufactured with a 3.5mm jack, it might be outdated, but it's not exactly an obsolete connector and yet phone manufacturers have decided to remove them for no real reason. 

It ain't hard to understand why people still complain about it.

6 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

if i'm asking for a phone without a hole punch and do you really think i'd settle for a notch ?, i have no idea why you're even dragging this out.

Tbf, just because you don't like one it doesn't mean you don't like the other. In this case it does, but personally I'm fine with notches. Hole punches though? Get that damn bs outta here.

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari ‘a Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'." - Vladimir Putin. Other governments/leaders should take a leaf out of Vlad's book.

5 hours ago, FibonKylix said:

Since I changed to a car with bluetooth and that I use wireless earbuds, it doesn't matter anymore but it was a freaking pain in the ass before that. 

5 hours ago, FibonKylix said:

So, you just enjoy the loss in audio quality?  I mean there are dongles, yes, but I don't want a fucking adapter.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  Dark Rock Pro 4 | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

I'm still waiting for a phone that is enough of an upgrade from my s9+ 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Strix x470F Ram: G.skill Trident Z RGB 16GB GPU: Powercolor RX5700XT Red Devil 8GB Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L RGB Case: NZXT H500i Storage: 500GB NVMe SSD 3TB Spinning Rust PSU: EVGA 650w B2

Hole punch display and no headphone jack?.. Ewww

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Posted · Original PosterOP

Update: the new S11 (S20?) is set to be released on February 11th.

Source: 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

17 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Update: the new S11 (S20?) is set to be released on February 11th.

Source: 

To clarify: it'll be announced on February 11th.  Odds are it'll actually ship in March.

Posted · Original PosterOP
20 hours ago, Commodus said:

To clarify: it'll be announced on February 11th.  Odds are it'll actually ship in March.

Odd, the source I got from must have gotten a mistake then. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

1 hour ago, williamcll said:

Odd, the source I got from must have gotten a mistake then. 

A lot of people tend to conflate "announce" with "release" when the two mean very specific things, so that's probably where they goofed.  Probably from the same school of thought that thinks a hands-on is the same as a review. ?