Ryzen 3600 or i5 9600K?

Just now, Coachdude said:

By all means get the 9600K. I simply stated what I would get if it were my money. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you end up getting. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. ?

No problem, thank by the way :)

I really want someone to bring forwards enough evidence of stuttering and this CPU struggling, seriously.. i am waiting, not to be proven wrong, i want to be shown evidence.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

4 minutes ago, F77 said:

The point was, stuttering won't exist because i don't load up task manager or Firefox whilst playing a video game.

Nothing happens, just play a video game, i don't understand how people cannot fathom this part.

They fathom it, backround tasks run whether you ask them to or not sadly, its just a normal Win10 thing. 

Here check out end of this, i time-stamped it for you (17:25) where he comments on all this.  This is from over a year ago, its only gotten worse since then in regards to newer games.

2 minutes ago, F77 said:

The point was, stuttering won't exist because i don't load up task manager or Firefox whilst playing a video game.

Windows doesnt care about what you yourself load up. It does stuff in the background on its own.

Older vid and the only thing im gonna bother looking around for as other results are to a lesser degree. This is just to second most blatant one.

Use the 8700 to represent the 3600 as those are fairly similar. 

2 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

They fathom it, backround tasks run whether you ask them to or not sadly, its just a normal Win10 thing. 

Here check out end of this, i time-stamped it for you (17:25) where he comments on all this.  This is from over a year ago, its only gotten worse since then in regards to newer games.

Far Cry came up.

So what board do you recommend for the 3600? I can't have stuttering in Far Cry.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

Any of these MSI MAX Boards, make sure "MAX" is in name when you purchase it or it likely won't boot with 3000 series processor. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-A-PRO-MAX

Just make sure its a MAX board, i'd recommend either of these two ram kits for a Ryzen 3000 system. (New Egg ships internationally, or likewise search module id on your own UK websites)

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232880?Description=ripjaws 3600&cm_re=ripjaws_3600-_-20-232-880-_-Product
(Better timings, on very rare occasions worse compatibility)
https://www.newegg.com/oloy-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820821167?Description=oloy 3600&cm_re=oloy_3600-_-20-821-167-_-Product
https://www.newegg.com/oloy-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820821145?Description=oloy 3600&cm_re=oloy_3600-_-20-821-145-_-Product
(Black or Red, with RGB, slightly worse timings more solid compatibility)

3 minutes ago, F77 said:

Far Cry came up.

So what board do you recommend for the 3600? I can't have stuttering in Far Cry.

Any B450 Max board from MSI that has a VRM heatsink. 

Probably look at the gaming plus Max, A-Pro Max or the tomahawk max. 

They all use the same VRM and the same general layout with sime changes between them. Any of them are good.

Otherwise have a look at the motherboard VRM tierlist in a pinned thread under motherboards section. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£169.98 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£79.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£56.90 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £306.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-27 01:32 GMT+0000

Threw this together in PCP. 

Its good and its cheap. Good VRM for overclocking of you ever decide to do so. 

If you want to do memmory overclocking and a lot of tuning. You will have to wait a while before im gonna go adventuring for perticular diekits for tuning. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£169.98 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£79.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£56.90 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £306.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-27 01:32 GMT+0000

Threw this together in PCP. 

Its good and its cheap. Good VRM for overclocking of you ever decide to do so. 

If you want to do memmory overclocking and a lot of tuning. You will have to wait a while before im gonna go adventuring for perticular diekits for tuning. 

Do Samsung B-Die still exist or is that a thing of the past with DDR3?

You keep asking for more, so you'll get more.

Here's the review megathread:

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I'd go with the 3600 minimum, or if you're convinced with the 9600K, both are great CPU's though depending on the games you play there are benefits to having the extra hyperthreading/SMT threads.

6 minutes ago, F77 said:

Do Samsung B-Die still exist or is that a thing of the past with DDR3?

Its still a thing. 

If you want it. Look at 16-18-18-36 the bolded numbers. 

If you devide the speed of the kit with those numbers and the end result is higher than 200. Its likely B-die. 

If its almost that, its probably CJR or E-die from hynix and micron respectivly. 

B-die is expencive, expect a premium. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/FtZFf7/patriot-viper-steel-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-4133-memory-pvs416g413c9k

Hete is probably the cheapest kit that is probably B-die. 

If its not its really good E-die. 

If you arent tinkering, id just go for regular XMP kit like the first i found. 

35 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The Ripjaw 3600C16 i linked are Micron-E Die, i remember another member from UK finding them on some tech website but can't find them via pcpartpicker UK
Search Module F4-3600C16D-16GVKC

How bad is international shipping from newegg to UK?  Price is like 3 pounds lower then those Viper 3200C16 if shipping isn't a issue. 

7 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

The Ripjaw 3600C16 i linked are Micron-E Die

Micron E-die is fairly easy to get a hold of. And they arent bad for tinkering

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ckvbt6/patriot-viper-steel-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-pvs416g360c7k

Probably E-die. 

7 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

How bad is international shipping from newegg to UK? 

Dont forget import taxes. Those are also a thing. 

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Dont forget import taxes. Those are also a thing. 

Me not helpful, and your point is actual concern for real people, but i sorta imagine KF2 and this whenever i think of brits so hard for me to comprehend 

fair enough though, 3200 speed that you know you can get isn't going to really gimp Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 too much, just stated incase they can find rippy bois, as i'm fairly sure kit is available natively there, but literally no clue what website/vendor it was

5 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

3200 speed that you know you can get isn't going to really gimp Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 too much

Its not a major concern and the cost increase usually isnt worth it. Most gains you get are from tweaking the memmory. And not the speed itself. 

tweaking the memory isn't a bad pursuit, its cool as heck when it works, but its easily the most time consuming, and likely to cause issues, thus why i rarely would recommend it. 

but yes 3200 isn't that bad, just saying 3600 at same or better timings is worth looking for if price lines up

48 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

but yes 3200 isn't that bad, just saying 3600 at same or better timings is worth looking for if price lines up

True indeed. 

Im just sorta harsh on people blindly recommending 3600mhz. Youtubers did it with the AMD marketing point. And very few put the effort into explaining where most of the gains are actually comming from 

i dono i'm looking at cheap 3600 in my system rn, have run bunch of benchmarks, coming from slower ram it kinda gets me hot and bothered, makes me sad i initially bought ram for Ryzen 2000, not knowing better, before ending up with Ryzen 3000

like think about a bunch of pretty ladies, nice curves, good personality, big honkers, that is 3600 speed ram in your ryzen 3000 system.  3200 not bad but kinda need some nose surgery ngl

7 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

3200 not bad but kinda need some nose surgery ngl

Can allways crank the voltage if need be.