Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benbentwo

LTT Api

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi All,

 

Curious if theres an API, or standard way to get information.

 

I'm a software engineer / devops / ... / I write code - and I actually get a lot of questions towards computers in general - but also alot about gaming and building a computer. Shocker I know.

 

I've seen google sheets on occasion but am wondering about:

  1. is the Structure the same?
  2. is there a naming structure

 

I'm really looking for a way to automate some of the FAQs towards building gaming computers. 

 

I saw this post which sounds like there was maybe going to be an api and curious whats happened.

 

- Ben

 

---

 

Also happy holidays

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I've seen google sheets on occasion but am wondering about:

  1. is the Structure the same?
  2. is there a naming structure

Structure of what exactly? I'm sure the forum has an API to talk to its backend. While you're signed in, you should be able to use the API in the same way the web app does.

 

I see nothing in the linked thread that suggests a public API for LTT. They're talking about Swagger/OpenAPI which is a tool to generate standardized documentation for REST APIs. This does require documentation on the source code in order to generate HTML documentation from it.

 

For example, if the backend is Java, the Java code needs to have documentation and/or annotations that OpenAPI can then use to generate HTML documentation for the backends REST API.

 


Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Right, 

23 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I see nothing in the linked thread that suggests a public API for LTT. They're talking about Swagger/OpenAPI which is a tool to generate standardized documentation for REST APIs. This does require documentation on the source code in order to generate HTML documentation from it.

 

For example, if the backend is Java, the Java code needs to have documentation and/or annotations that OpenAPI can then use to generate HTML documentation for the backends REST API.

 

very well put. The docs generated for the api (exist or not) are not what I'm looking for, I understand what they do - and if they did exist clearly there would be an api available. Swagger / OpenAPI is ideal docs for it, but I guess that would be the follow up question to - does the information exist in some programmable way.

 

As for some of the google sheets that I've seen, for example the community ranking of builds on 3DMark, I've found posts to this forum that have links to google sheets. Which would not be easily scriptable.

 

I guess I've probably phrased this pretty wrong, sorry about that, but I'm really wondering is the data from LTT available to the public and if so in what format.

 

Also as for the forum I could look into that. My concern with that is,

  1. I've just missed the information somewhere
  2. Duplication of work
  3. Wrong or limited information

Essentially if the backend the forum is communicating to doesn't store the info in a procedural way then its likely not the BE i'm looking for. It could be managing forum data and not actually serving up data for specs, fps, etc.

Edited by Benbentwo
Clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Benbentwo said:

I guess I've probably phrased this pretty wrong, sorry about that, but I'm really wondering is the data from LTT available to the public and if so in what format.

i'm really confused.

 

what data are you trying to get? "data from LTT" is super generic

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Benbentwo said:

Right, 

very well put. The docs generated for the api (exist or not) are not what I'm looking for, I understand what they do - and if they did exist clearly there would be an api available. Swagger / OpenAPI is ideal docs for it, but I guess that would be the follow up question to - does the information exist in some programmable way.

 

As for some of the google sheets that I've seen, for example the community ranking of builds on 3DMark, I've found posts to this forum that have links to google sheets. Which would not be easily scriptable.

 

I guess I've probably phrased this pretty wrong, sorry about that, but I'm really wondering is the data from LTT available to the public and if so in what format.

 

Also as for the forum I could look into that. My concern with that is,

  1. I've just missed the information somewhere
  2. Duplication of work
  3. Wrong or limited information

Essentially if the backend the forum is communicating to doesn't store the info in a procedural way then its likely not the BE i'm looking for. It could be managing forum data and not actually serving up data for specs, fps, etc.

The forum isn't benchmark software, there is no data (Fps, specs etc) to scour for. It's basically written chat. Questions and answers. As such, since it's user generated, I take everything here with large grains of salt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about forums or something else? Forums had API at one point, but it was outdated fairly quickly as forum updates take too much dev time just by themselves.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×