Best Aussie Budget PSU

heya, i've recently discovered that my current power supply wouldn't be good enough (and potentially dangerous) with my setup + the gpu im planning to buy. my current build is:

• Ryzen 5 2600
  • MSI B450 Pro Gaming Carbon AC
  • 16gb Delta 3200MHz
  • CM MB530p
  • CM MWE 550W 80+ White
  • MSI Aero GTX 1660 Super OC ITX

seeing how im in the land down under and going for a budget psu (<$85), im in need of recommendations of what psu to get. so far imma thinking:

• Cooler Master MWE Series 650W 80 Plus Bronze 

• Thermaltake Litepower RGB 550W

• Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W

• Thermaltake Litepower Gen 2 650W

• Thermaltake Smart BX1 650W 80 Plus Bronze Non Modular Power Supply

NOTE* these are all from centrecom as i dont like to pay for shipping unless it's needed.

22 minutes ago, TheRCMGuy said:

heya, i've recently discovered that my current power supply wouldn't be good enough (and potentially dangerous) with my setup + the gpu im planning to buy. my current build is:

• Ryzen 5 2600
  • 16gb Delta 3200MHz
  • CM MB530p
  • CM MWE 550W 80+ White

seeing how im in the land down under and going for a budget psu (<$85), im in need of recommendations of what psu to get. so far imma thinking:

• Cooler Master MWE Series 650W 80 Plus Bronze 

• Thermaltake Litepower RGB 550W

• Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W

• Thermaltake Litepower Gen 2 650W

• Thermaltake Smart BX1 650W 80 Plus Bronze Non Modular Power Supply

NOTE* these are all from centrecom as i dont like to pay for shipping unless it's needed.

Heh.  All those parts were made in Southeast Asia.  They’ve already been on one boat.  Shipping gets paid for on the front end or the back end.  Www.pcpartpicker.com has an Australia setting.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

From what is available at Centrecom within the budget I would also recommend the Corsair CX550. Only a few dollars over budget but is much better than the other proposed choices. Just check if your local store has stock as I can see on the website there's a few that are low/out of stock at the moment.

21 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Over OPs budget and not available at Centrecom. You can see what Centrecom have available here: https://www.centrecom.com.au/power-supplies?orderby=10

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:
3 hours ago, TheRCMGuy said:

Heh.  All those parts were made in Southeast Asia.  They’ve already been on one boat.  Shipping gets paid for on the front end or the back end.

... What?
Centrecom has multiple physical stores in Australia. OP probably wants to buy from Centrecom as they live near a store and can pick up in person without paying delivery charges from ordering from an online store. Either that or they're already ordering parts from Centrecom and can include the PSU in with the other items they're ordering and not have to pay delivery twice.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, TheRCMGuy said:

• Ryzen 5 2600
  • 16gb Delta 3200MHz
  • CM MB530p
  • CM MWE 550W 80+ White

Which version of the Cooler Master MWE 550W 80+ White is it? The 230V only version or the V2?

I wouldn't say either are "potentially dangerous" for your system. The V2 is fine and the 230V is a bit meh, but shouldn't be dangerous. I probably wouldn't recommend either of them if you were looking to buy it as there would be better options available but if you already have it...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Over OPs budget and not available at Centrecom. You can see what Centrecom have available here:

ah, then I'll be third on the cx

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The V2 is fine and the 230V is a bit meh, but shouldn't be dangerous. I probably wouldn't recommend either of them

fun thing... there's a v2 230v as well...

any reason outside of the 10% ripple for the v2?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

fun thing... there's a v2 230v as well...

They have way too many models in the MWE range.

What wrong with those 450W models? TR2 above these rgb bs...

Ah, scrub that, the CM MWE 550W looks better - where did I see that (internals) before? Fortron?

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

They have way too many models in the MWE range.

i mean... to my knowledge

1. mwe 80+
  2. mwe 80+ 230v
  3. mwe 80+ v2
  4. mwe 80+ v2 230v
  5. mwe 80+ bronze
  6. mwe 80+ bronze v2
  7. mwe 80+ gold

and rumors say there will be a gold v2

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and rumors say there will be a gold v2

Looking at 80+ tests there's a couple new gold rated units, not sure if they're part of the MWE Gold range or not though. Model# MPY-Watt-AFBAG and a white version MPY-Watt-AGBAG.

https://clearesult5.sharepoint.com/sites/PLS/Shared Documents/COOLER MASTER TECHNOLOGY INC._MPY-650V-AGBAG_650W_SOCE 5780_Report.pdf

https://clearesult5.sharepoint.com/sites/PLS/Shared Documents/COOLER MASTER TECHNOLOGY INC._MPY-650V-AFBAG_650W_SOCE 5779_Report.pdf

Also a XG series which they showed off at CES with RGB lighting and a LED panel on one side (perfect for all those cases with PSU shrouds)

https://clearesult5.sharepoint.com/sites/PLS/Shared Documents/COOLER MASTER TECHNOLOGY INC._MPG-7501-AFBAG_750W_SOCE 5592_Report 7-1-19.pdf

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Looking at 80+ tests there's a couple new gold rated units

unfortunately I'm still busy laying contacts with cm, so i know as much as you do currently