Where Intel is in REAL Trouble...

nicklmg

Dude you're using Intel SSDs for this one...

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

1 minute ago, Red :) said:

Dude you're using Intel SSDs for this one...

Pretty sure they know that.

5 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Pretty sure they know that.

Well, it's the name of the video, that's kind of out of place to me, ya know. Or maybe it's not. Honestly can't even tell anymore. Maybe should've made my point a bit clearer.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Red :) said:

Well, it's the name of the video, that's kind of out of place to me, ya know. Or maybe it's not. Honestly can't even tell anymore. Maybe should've made my point a bit clearer.

Did you... watch the video?

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Did you... watch the video?

Well, not yet.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Red :) said:

Well, not yet.

We used EPYC processors. The statement the title is making is that Intel is in REAL trouble in the datacenter CPU space AKA where they make the majority of their money these days.

Wait.. These are Facebook second hand drives? 

When can we expect the episode of you guys trying data recovery programs on these to get previously stored data from it???

:ph34r:

(Happy holidays to the folks over at LTT by the way! The troopers who had to work on getting this released!)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not to mock Linus being sick but to mock Linus being sick...that voice is horrendous, I had to speed the video up to 1.5x to make him sound normal.

Hope he feels better soon, working while sick is no fun and double xp for being sick while working during the holiday season.

Just now, Bitter said:

Not to mock Linus being sick but to mock Linus being sick...that voice is horrendous, I had to speed the video up to 1.5x to make him sound normal.

Hope he feels better soon, working while sick is no fun and double xp for being sick while working during the holiday season.

I was half-watching the vid where he got sick in the middle of it and was sooooooooooooo confused until I turned around and saw it was still him.

For ZFS I've always used Solaris ... well, for the last 5-ish years I've been using OpenIndiana which is a fork of Open Solaris, which I switched to when Big Red bought Sun and changed the use license for Open Solaris. I used to find the Linux implementations of ZFS to be a little slower.

But I have to admit, whether OpenIndiana would be stable on that system would be a question. I haven't followed the team for a while now.

So… Yet another another video where nothing was really accomplished…?

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

I honestly thought he sounded better.

Although knowing what he normally sounds like, I know he was in some amount of pain the entire time, which sucks.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

11 hours ago, falki said:

Did I miss the part where he inserted the 10gbit NIC? The Server has only 1Gbit NICs out of the box...

Hopefully they're looking at a 40GbE card instead of 10GbE. I think one of their switches has a QSFP+ port.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

8 minutes ago, unf0rg0tt3n said:

someone knows what dashboard was used?

Can see netdata in the video if the one you're talking about is the one with the network speed needles. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

23 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Can see netdata in the video if the one you're talking about is the one with the network speed needles. 

Yes that one, amazing thanks! 

I wonder if AMD provided another EPYC 7742 for that sweet 256 thread action.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

OMG who he got this Intel Drives from? I still need some for my Server to!
Thanks

From AT. :x

We used same drives at work and experienced problems with them.

Drive cache (write cache) may be dead. Try to disable it.

Here's the deals on the Intel 2.5" SSD drives Linus got for the storage server:

Intel PC P3500/3600s & P4500s are surprisingly decently-priced considering that consumer-grade 660p 512GB M.2 SSDs are going for ~$70 right now. ? ;)