Question: Why aren't any manufactors selling.....

MiniMike DK

Why aren't any vendoes selling GPU's without any coolers mounted, and then just call them 'prepared for watercooling' ???

It would be so much easier and probably also a little cheaper for both the comsumers and the manufactors.

Because it makes no sense. Reference cards are already cheap and universal.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, MiniMike DK said:

Why aren't any vendoes selling GPU's without any coolers mounted, and then just call them 'prepared for watercooling' ???

It would be so much easier and probably also a little cheaper for both the comsumers and the manufactors.

Probably because the number of customers who care are too few to make a different assembly line worthwhile.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Levent said:

Because it makes no sense. Reference cards are already cheap and universal.

Yes, but if they have to spend money on the cooling part of the GPU, then they could sell it for less.

2 minutes ago, MiniMike DK said:

selling GPU's without any coolers mounted,

Liability.

You buy one without a cooler, improperly install a cooler, GPU dies, you blame the GPU maker and RMA it.

Too expensive to the GPU maker.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

Probably because the number of customers who care are too few to make a different assembly line worthwhile.

All they would have to do is NOT mount a cooler = Less work, less time and less money used.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Liability.

You buy one without a cooler, improperly install a cooler, GPU dies, you blame the GPU maker and RMA it.

Too expensive to the GPU maker.

That is a solid argument.

2 minutes ago, MiniMike DK said:

Yes, but if they have to spend money on the cooling part of the GPU, then they could sell it for less.

you really think saving 10$ (I am being extremely generous here) on a card is worth it if you cant just plug it in and test it? or user fucks up the card while installing the waterblock and has to RMA for a new card is worth it for a GPU board partner? nope, what you described is not happening.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

All they would have to do is NOT mount a cooler = Less work, less time and less money used.

If you have machinery that produces GPUs with a cooler, then making it produce one without a cooler is an extra step (separate packaging/QC) etc.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Wouldn't make sense.

Most offer cards with blocks pre-installed.

A way better solution in my opinion. Easier for the end user and the manufacturer.

That is a solid argument.

Off-topic, Merry Christmas from an ex-pat (grew up 2 blocks from the Little Mermaid)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

It wouldn't require a different assembly line, but it would still not make sense because not many people are interested in buying barebone GPU's, so they would be wasting stock.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Because it's not just the physical item that they'd produce. A new line = new packaging (which would mean a new production line for the boxes), research for best way to package, risky RMA as stated already, and they can make a lot more money off a cooler that costs them $10 to make, and charge $200 for. Lets pretend there's a huge demand for this idea (for sake of argument), they'd still make more money off not doing it and charging for a more premium product, so why would they offer the cheaper route?

Hot Mist (Main PC)

Case: NZXT H700 Black (Signed by LTT) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | Cooler: EKWB AIO CPU Cooler 360mm, with 3x Noctua NF-F12 Fans | Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Gaming Motherboard | RAM: 2x G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4 | SSD: Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming 24GB | PSU: Corsair AX1200i Platinum 1200W, CableMod PRO AXi Cable Kit Black/White | Fans: Noctua NF-A14 Fan, 3x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax Fans | Monitors: ASUS ROG PG27UQ, 2x ASUS ROG PG27AQ | Peripherals: Razer Huntsman Elite (Red Switches), Razer Mamba Wireless, Elgato Stream Deck Mini | Audio: Sony MDR-M1ST, Audio Technica AT2020, Audio Technica BP40, Rode PSA1 Boom Arm, Topping D70 (Bluetooth) DAC, Drop x THX AAA 789 Amp, Rode RODECaster Pro Audio Interface, Audio Technica ATH HPH300 | PCIe: Elgato HD60 Pro | Webcams: Logitech C922, Logitech BRIO 4K | Other:  iPad 7th Gen 32GB

Self Loathing (Portable Gear)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ (Exynos 990) | Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (w/ Pink Strap) | Audio: Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (Black), FiiO BTR5 Bluetooth AMP/DAC | Laptop: Razer Blade 15" (10875H, 2070S, 300hz), Razer Mamba Elite | Other: Spektrum Prospek-50 Arctic (Prescription)

The Preciouses (IEM Box)

Case: BLOODYRIPPA Luxury Watch Box 12 Grids | IEMs: Audio Technica ATH-CKR100iS, TINHiFi P1, FiiO FH7, Audio Technica ATH-E70, Shouer TapePioneer SE-CH9T (BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! Roselia Collaboration Model), Moondrop S8, Moondrop Starfield, Kinera Nanna, IKKO OH7, IKKO OH10

So Head? (Headphone Collection)

Hooks: 2x Razer Headset Stand, 1x Audio Technica ATH HPH300 | Headphones: Kingston Hyper X Cloud II, Audio Technica ATH-M50X, Sony MDR-CD900STBeyerdynamic TYGR 300 R, Sennheiser HD600Sennheiser HD6xx, Cooler Master MH751

Crossed out means they are too be purchased, on the way for delivery, or broken and planning to repair.

Spoiler

Nuf Repus (Arcade PC) (upcoming)

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275Q | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Wi-Fi Motherboard | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | GPU: Galax GeForce GTX 1650 EX OC 4GB | PSU: Corsair RM550x Gold 550W | Fans: Noctua NF-A14 Fan, 3x Noctua NF-F12 Fans | Monitor: Viewsonic VX3276-2K | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 (Yellow Switches), Razer Deathadder Elite, 2x Dance mat EX PRO + The Handbar | Audio: 2x Klipsch R-610F Floorstanding Home Speaker, Behringer A800 AMP | Webcam:  Logitech C922

Sound Euphonium (Music Setup) (upcoming)

Laptop: Razer Blade 15" (10875H, 2070S, 300hz) | Monitors: LG 24BL650C-B, 5x iPad 7th Gen 32GBInstruments: ESP Electric Guitar Random Star (Red), Yamaha APX600, ESP Electric Bass Viper (Pink), Roland RD-88, Pearl Export Double Bass 8-Piece Drum Set (Black Cherry Glitter), Neumann TLM 103Audio: 5x Sony MDR-CD900ST, speakers5x PreSonus Audiobox USB 96 Audio Interface, Golden Age Project PRE-73 MKIII | Webcams: 5x Logitech C922, 5x Logitech BRIO 4K

Then they have to ask for special procedures, handling, marketing, categorizing, packaging as well as sale/market expectation. 

Dont wonna appeal to cheap people that much. Also helps resell. As I have less of a chance to sell a card later with no cooler or just a water block. 

Makes zero sense for the amount of work.   

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I've seen them selling MSI "Seahawks" without cooler. 

But idk if that's from factory or just a scam or something (usually around €1000 so I think it's scam)?

But yeah,  generally a gpu cooler is cheap... It wouldn't make much sense for manufacturers with extra testing / packaging / inevitable RMAs etc... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I've seen them selling MSI "Seahawks" without cooler. 

But idk if that's from factory or just a scam or something (usually around €1000 so I think it's scam)?

But yeah,  generally a gpu cooler is cheap... It wouldn't make much sense for manufacturers with extra testing / packaging / inevitable RMAs etc... 

Msi seahawk usually coming with installed aio cooler so probably what you seen is scam if they barebone 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS