How much are you spending this Xmax & new year?

dgsddfgdfhgs

I used to spend a ton at xmas time on presents, like $1500-$2000, but I have severly scaled back now and realistically probably only ended up spending around $300 this year. I have 3 nieces that I bought stuff for and a brother who I bought some computer stuff for because he needed it. Me and my sister dont bother with gift exchanges being we are 38 and 39 years old and live 12 hours apart, not worth the hassle.

My family  had a really old limit of $50 per gift.  It’s turned into more of a guideline.  The weird one is the stocking stuffers.  We’re all over 40 and no kids but we still do stockings.  I found some fake Shanzahi power rangers action figures I think will work well.  Also some chicken flavored lollipops (I think they’re chicken flavored.  The writing was in Spanish.  They’re shaped like chicken dinners.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

22 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My family  had a really old limit of $50 per gift.  It’s turned into more of a guideline.  The weird one is the stocking stuffers.  We’re all over 40 and no kids but we still do stockings.

this usually ends up pretty bad.. buying & trading "trash " as if those functions of a company

I gave my employees $5000 bonus this year for exceeding all expectations. As for family....I only have my wife and kids to worry about. I haven't spoken to or seen my brother or my parents in 20 years. So my kids, 6 and 2, got toys of course. And I'm putting money into both bank accounts for them. For my wife I purchased her dream car that we are going to restore together. A 1981 DMC Delorean. 

I spent more this year but I don't mind. My employees earned it, my wife is worth it, and my kids will have the chance to chase their own dreams.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Like $2K on myself and probably gonna get last minute $100 gift cards for close family.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

3 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

how much extra?

I am anti society & NOT spending

$3000+ on a new system...

Don't tell...

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 hour ago, Zusafek said:

I gave my employees $5000 bonus this year for exceeding all expectations. As for family....I only have my wife and kids to worry about. I haven't spoken to or seen my brother or my parents in 20 years. So my kids, 6 and 2, got toys of course. And I'm putting money into both bank accounts for them. For my wife I purchased her dream car that we are going to restore together. A 1981 DMC Delorean. 

I spent more this year but I don't mind. My employees earned it, my wife is worth it, and my kids will have the chance to chase their own dreams.

Dang that's pretty generous, good on you!l

Hope you have fun with that Delorean too! 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Is this just a thread for people to flex how much disposeable income they have? ?

Like...why should it matter.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

I reckon I have spent around £300 on just my parents and twin brother. However... I also reckon I have spent close to this or more on food, spirits and more alcohol this year... Very boozy Christmas and New year.... Don't judge me....

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

i spent the usual amount on groceries. and i dont do the whole xmas thing

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

6 hours ago, Zusafek said:

I gave my employees $5000 bonus this year for exceeding all expectations.

Are you hiring? You sound like a great boss!

Lord knows.

$4000 on a bottle of champagne (it’s a big one)

Couple of thousand on gifts and experiences

And my computer has failed and I’m upgrading my scuba rig simultaneously, so that’s gonna drain a lot of money.

i just spend 250 on a new monitor and im probably going to get a ryzen 3600 before my gf comes visit so she won't have a bad experience playing on my pc (her computer at home is probably better than mine)

8 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

how much extra?

I am anti society & NOT spending

I'm spending a comfortable amount for my income and expense levels.

You only asked this question to postulate a "anti-spending" soapbox.

I dont even want to know the total we spent. 

Ball park $2500 on just presents. Then probably another $500 on food and decorations.

About €16 on Stroopwafels to give out, and another €200 it so so I can see my family cat again. 

:)

50$ on the gifts for others. A $25 gift card to a friend and a $25 loto ticket to my dad. That's all. (or like 55$ if I include the cost of cards in this)

About $200 in stuff for me. Including various things for around the house (table cloth, new wine cups, wine), a Switch game (Zelda, was on sale) and some other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I’m spending about 2 weeks off. Nice little bit of holiday to spend time with my cat.