White power supply

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

I'm not Linus, but I am still gonna answer since this is posted on a public forum.

For most/all PC builds this PSU will not be a good fit. Not because brand.. Or rating.. Or wattage.. But just general quality is not suited for most PC builds:

If you want any recommendations, be sure to post the PC builds you need to power with this PSU and the location you're buying from.

Hello my name is Jayson Myers and I was wondering if a white power supply is worth it...I asked in discord but I’m getting mixed signals so I would like to ask you linus if it’s a good power supply since you have been building computer for years now...I hope you see this and I love your videos 

B5F64540-16D5-4554-87AF-B8873B75DE80.png

linus doesnt use the forums. it's a 44$ power supply that's white so seems fine to me but you should read the psu sticky

I'm not Linus, but I am still gonna answer since this is posted on a public forum.

For most/all PC builds this PSU will not be a good fit. Not because brand.. Or rating.. Or wattage.. But just general quality is not suited for most PC builds:

If you want any recommendations, be sure to post the PC builds you need to power with this PSU and the location you're buying from.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

thanks your the reply I’m not worried about the fitting part just if it’s going to break the second I get it or blow up

while I’m playing a game

6 minutes ago, Jayson115 said:

so I would like to ask you linus if it’s a good power supply since you have been building computer for years now

Linus quite simply does not have the time to respond anytime someone posts on these forums.  He is known to lurk, and will post when asked about some LTT matters if needed (like if Floatplane is having issues or other things that only he can tell us), but what you do have access to are the posters here who do follow this stuff.

Just now, Jayson115 said:

thanks your the reply I’m not worried about the fitting part just if it’s going to break the second I get it or blow up

while I’m playing a game

with 'fit' I meant "it's not a good power supply in combination with most sorts of PC systems". Not physically fit or whatever.

Again, if you want specific recommendations, please provide some more context (mainly your PC specs).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Never cheap out on your powersupply. Make sure to buy something like an EVGA 500 BR, as it is higher quality and only $5 more.

4 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

Never cheap out on your powersupply. Make sure to buy something like an EVGA 500 BR, as it is higher quality and only $5 more.

Hey can you send me the link

21 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

That statement ignores the actual higher quality Corsair CX450M that I linked above.  Not to mention after MiR it's cheaper ($45) than that unit.  The BR does not have as conclusive test results and I would not call it "high quality".  The Corsair I put far more trust in based on the well-vetted CXM platform.