Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emulator

Have you ever been seriously injured?

Does serious count as having a stool thrown at you from across your Grade 12 classroom and needing 8 stitches in the middle of your forehead?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Here we go 

-Broken left foot

-Broken left elbow

-Broken left wrist

-Torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder

- severely hyper extended my left knee

- dislocated my right knee

Those are all the injuries I can pin point to individual events that caused the injury, many from sports. Then on top of that I have some chronic pain issues that just develop over time, I work on cars for a living and that kinda job wreaks havoc on your back and joints. 

CPU Ryzen 3600, MB MSI MEG Ace x570, RAM Corsair Vengence Pro 32gb @ 3200 mhz, Custom Loop, Thermal Take Core P5 TG, GPU EVGA RTX2080 Ti XC  PC Part Picker list for complete build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/j86vTB

Alright, here's the list 

Age 2:broken collar bone

Age 6:broken right arm and bone cyst removal on right index finger

Age 8: broken right arm, broken right hand, broken left hip

Age 15: broken right hand, shattered left foot, broken jaw

Age 18: left hip replacement, broken sternum

Age 35: 3 metal plates holding upper back together, 2 titanium rods and 15 screws keeping left shoulder together, broken left cheek bone.  All due to being hit by a drunk driver.

And this year, age 39, I now am preparing to have ear surgery to get a permanent hearing aid implant. 

It sucks being out of warranty. 

Current Build

I5 4460

Hyper Evo 212

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

WD 1TB HDD

XFX RX 480 RS 4GB

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr3 1600 Patriot Ram

Mixture of Phanteks and Thermaltake Fans

Phanteks P400S

Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Alright, here's the list

Age 2:broken collar bone

Age 6:broken right arm and bone cyst removal on right index finger

Age 8: broken right arm, broken right hand, broken left hip

Age 15: broken right hand, shattered left foot, broken jaw

Age 18: left hip replacement, broken sternum

Age 35: 3 metal plates holding upper back together, 2 titanium rods and 15 screws keeping left shoulder together, broken left cheek bone. All due to being hit by a drunk driver.

And this year, age 39, I now am preparing to have ear surgery to get a permanent hearing aid implant.

It sucks being out of warranty.

ouch. What happened to you at 35?

I broke my leg when I was a mover at 19. The loader shattered my leg. It was an unbearable pain that I will never forget. After this incident, I can't run fast and put a lot of weight on my leg. I had big bills coming in for treatment. Park medical billing provided an opportunity to control all medical bills during my recovery period.

I got dragged by a horse and dissociated my shoulder but most of my injuries were caused by horses but that is the only one that has had a lasting effect.

The other was a traffic accident that I thought I did not get inured in but it is the reason I retired when I did. The alternative was pain killers and we all know were that Leeds.

It is also the reason I drive performance cars.  When things go bad it is nice to have 6 pot Bimbos and a chassis you can jerk all over the road without losing control.    

RIG#1 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair CORSAIR AX860W | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 38" 3840 x 1600 75hz

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti XC | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV  

Rig#3 CPU: Intel i7 6700k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC | PSU: EVGA 850 BQ| Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S | SSD: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 32" 4k 60hz 

Broke my arm once.

Fell through the second story of an old barn and impaled my thigh with a piece of rebar.  I'd take a broken arm over that any day.

"A promise is a promise"

I've hair-fractures all over my wrists and I snapped my left arm clean in half, so not particularly seriously. Still, I wouldn't recommend anyone experiencing any of those injuries.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I suppose my sciatica is semi-serious.

Also got hit by a car on my bike, ended up with internal bruising and bleeding from my handlebar attempting to impale my stomach, that was fun.

Breaking my knee cap wasn't fun either.

And shattering my ankle, which still feels pretty odd to walk on.

And all of this from mountain biking, it's a fun sport, but things go wrong.

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio, dont be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

Yes my audio stuff is 665,000 USD, I'm a dedicated audiophile/mastering engineer

(if you want to see my audio stuff, check my profile, it's too much to list here)

Lets see so none of mine are super crazy I wouldn't think.

When I was 2 I had A hernia in my groin, which had to be operated on because for some reason I tried to pick up something heavy.

I fractured my elbow when I was about 9 from falling off of, get this, a stopped four wheeler. Now my mom didn't believe it was that bad because I was a very dramatic child, but then she hard the popping and other gross noises. 

When I was in 13 or 14(around the 8th grade) someone thought it would be a grand idea to get accident prone me a skateboard because I wanted one, I was learning to skate on our concrete porch because it was smooth but it was also kind of slick and didn't have much grip well it slipped out from under me and I landed on my knees, and my ankle was in a bad angle. I had fractured it pretty bad. This is where I learned the ER is very dramatic when it comes to things because they told me they hadn't seen a fracture like mine before, they did the same with my elbow, but this time they said something about pins and screws, then I went to the actual bone doctor and he informed me that it wasn't like a never before seen fracture it was just very rare( Go me). 

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

Lessee here...

Hernia in my groin in 1999

Bike accident in 2003 that left me crippled for a year; this one was the absolute worst

Tore the TFCC in my right wrist in 2017

Broke my left ankle in 2018

Broke my right leg in 2019, riiiiiiiiiight by the hip

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

6 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Lessee here...

Hernia in my groin in 1999

Bike accident in 2003 that left me crippled for a year; this one was the absolute worst

Tore the TFCC in my right wrist in 2017

Broke my left ankle in 2018

Broke my right leg in 2019, riiiiiiiiiight by the hip

Aye Groin Hernia buddies!

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate
Just now, Yogi_DaBear221 said:

Aye Groin Hernia buddies!

I don't know if that's something to group up with someone over LOL

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

17 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Age 35: 3 metal plates holding upper back together, 2 titanium rods and 15 screws keeping left shoulder together, broken left cheek bone.  All due to being hit by a drunk driver.

Can I just say that drunk drivers deserve to rot in hell? Motherfuckers cause accidents like crazy and they don't end up with anything, while the person (people if applicable) they hit has to deal with bullshit like this. Absolutely pisses me off to no end.

I broke my right ankle in my side yard after shortly jogging home in 2016 at age 16.
I needed a titanium plate and several screws.

a Moo Floof will solve all the world’s problems, buy a moo floof today.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 89ever :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

15 hours ago, Emulator said:

ouch. What happened to you at 35?

Got hit by a drunk driver head on. That was the end result. 

Current Build

I5 4460

Hyper Evo 212

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

WD 1TB HDD

XFX RX 480 RS 4GB

Phanteks P400S

4 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Can I just say that drunk drivers deserve to rot in hell? Motherfuckers cause accidents like crazy and they don't end up with anything, while the person (people if applicable) they hit has to deal with bullshit like this. Absolutely pisses me off to no end.

The drunk driver who hit me is still sitting in prison.  It was his 7th DUI in 4 years. 

Current Build

I5 4460

Hyper Evo 212

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

WD 1TB HDD

XFX RX 480 RS 4GB

Phanteks P400S

I've had a collapsed lung and had surgery on it while conscious, they cut a hole in the side of my chest and pushed the ribs apart and then poked around in there with some tubes and instruments, i was coughing up blood mixed with local anaesthetic (it had pooled in the bottom of my lung from when they deadened the point of entry) at the time, not much fun lol 

Broke my collarbone some 25-30 years ago riding my bike when I was a kid.

My mom tells stories about it but I don't remember anything about breaking it or dealing with it when it was broken.

I've had minor to major surgeries for various medical oddities over the years but not much for serious injuries.

i wish you grew new limbs for all the times you avoided terminal injury, i'd be some crazy hindu monstrosity by now 

That said i gave up motorbikes because i kept scraping my knees, early warnings, i don't not push and they weren't behaving so back to mid-engine cars, more fun. 

On 12/23/2019 at 12:59 PM, Founders said:

The only thing I could have actually sued for and probably won was I got horrible food poisoning once after eating at Applebee’s. This happened many years ago, I was violently ill for 4 straight days. I lost nearly 15 lbs that week. I was just thankful to still be amongst the living after that. 

Sounds like my last Burrito from 7eleven, or my only 2 visits to MuchoDiaheraBurrito, Mexifries from TacoTime.

Be hard to prove food poisoning and get cold hard cash from it, lawyers always take too much from the take.

Slip and falls are common whether it be a store, or in the winter from a private house.

Growing up with horses, kicked in the groin, thighs, bucked off horses. Many horse injuries.

At work, I broke my scapula, dislocated a few ribs, punctured my right apex and had a slight pneumothorax from one accident.

I've also got both hips that were grade 4 stress fractured from something unrelated, and not as fun as I would like to admit.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:32 PM, AvocadosGuac said:

Does serious count as having a stool thrown at you from across your Grade 12 classroom and needing 8 stitches in the middle of your forehead?

8 stitches?  That’s some serious constipation.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.