Sapphire 5700xt nitro+ vs EVGA 2070 Super XC

Royal Blue

Hi, I am in need of a graphics card and I am considering 2 of these. Where I live Sapphire 5700xt nitro+ goes for about $460 and EVGA 2070 Super XC for about $615. Clearly Nvidia cards are overpriced in my region, however I do not have any experience with amd cards and the adrenaline software/driver looks quite complicated. Also heard many of the features aren't working properly so i am kind of worried about it. I want to go with nvidia but overpriced $100 is no joke.

Which one do you think i should buy? Also it would be great if you could recommend any good guides for amd drivers.

To recommend a video card, the community generally needs you current specs and your performance goals for the games you play.   Information like frames per second goals and refresh rate goals as well as what settings level you aim for.

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

13 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

Hi, I am in need of a graphics card and I am considering 2 of these. Where I live Sapphire 5700xt nitro+ goes for about $460 and EVGA 2070 Super XC for about $615. Clearly Nvidia cards are overpriced in my region, however I do not have any experience with amd cards and the adrenaline software/driver looks quite complicated. Also heard many of the features aren't working properly so i am kind of worried about it. I want to go with nvidia but overpriced $100 is no joke.

Which one do you think i should buy? Also it would be great if you could recommend any good guides for amd drivers.

Depends on what you need to do.  The Nvidia cards have a few advantages but those advantages are all about specific art software.  They have nothing to do with gaming.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

58 minutes ago, CRA5HMAN said:

To recommend a video card, the community generally needs you current specs and your performance goals for the games you play.   Information like frames per second goals and refresh rate goals as well as what settings level you aim for.

2600x 4.1ghz / B450 Tomahawk / 16gb gskill 3600mhz cl16 / Evga clc 280 / Seasonic 650 focus+ platium / lian o11 dynamic / LG 27GL850 (qhd)

My work isn't related to gpu performances. I generally play triple a games like jedi fallen order, halo, destiny 2, etc.

I don't play competitively, I focus more on visuals. Oh but I don't really care about RTX its great if its there but I don't really mind it. I would like to hit about 100~120 fps on high or possibly very high settings.

2 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

2600x 4.1ghz / B450 Tomahawk / 16gb gskill 3600mhz cl16 / Evga clc 280 / Seasonic 650 focus+ platium / lian o11 dynamic / LG 27GL850 (qhd)

My work isn't related to gpu performances. I generally play triple a games like jedi fallen order, halo, destiny 2, etc.

I don't play competitively, I focus more on visuals. Oh but I don't really care about RTX its great if its there but I don't really mind it. I would like to hit about 100~120 fps on high or possibly very high settings.

I read the reviews and i know both of them would be fine. My concern is with my lack of experience with radeon drivers. I heard pretty negative stuff like fan profiles not working and so on. Is it still bug cluster like that or has been fixed and easily managable?

10 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

The 5700 XT will most likely fill your needs nicely.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

2600@4.1 is nearly as fast as a 3600.  It can bottleneck everything.  You could put a 2080ti on it and not worry.  If you don’t need cuda or studio drivers the Nvidia has nothing for you.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.