Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HardStroke

Ssd freaking out

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have the a400 ssd

It worked fine but when i disconnected it and plugged in my hdd, after i plugged it back in it stopped working

When i boot the pc it is recognized in bios as a boot option but when i choose to boot to it, it wont boot.

It says "please plug in a boot device and press any key"

I switched the cables and it still doesnt work.

What can i do?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you have only the ssd connected when installing windows.

 

I noticed a while ago when i had a hdd and ssd connected it installed the bootloader to the hdd for some reason.

Found out when i removed the hdd and it wouldnt boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, richie30 said:

Did you have only the ssd connected when installing windows.

 

I noticed a while ago when i had a hdd and ssd connected it installed the bootloader to the hdd for some reason.

Found out when i removed the hdd and it wouldnt boot.

Yeah only the ssd was connected

Last time it did that after i left it for a couple of minutes and tried again it worked but this time its not working

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

try unplugging all the drives, reboot and you should get an error message about not finding a boot device...turn off. Then reconnect the SSD boot up...and hopefully all will be well...I've found this to work on several occasions...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

try unplugging all the drives, reboot and you should get an error message about not finding a boot device...turn off. Then reconnect the SSD boot up...and hopefully all will be well...I've found this to work on several occasions...

Doesnt work

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

Doesnt work

 

9 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

try unplugging all the drives, reboot and you should get an error message about not finding a boot device...turn off. Then reconnect the SSD boot up...and hopefully all will be well...I've found this to work on several occasions...

I did that and changed the boot option and now i get this

And this is after the win10 logo and spinning wheel

20191222_144022.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×