Strange ancient capture card

ZcanKal

I was working on some office computers I found, old Pentium D stuff, running Windows 7, when I found one that had a weird PCI card with 3 composite ports and 1 S-Video port on it, it was apparently made by a company named Hauppauge Computer Works in 2000, and the only IC on it I could find was a Conexant Fusion 878A.  I have no idea if it is even a capture card, I just assume since it didn't output anything.  I'm wondering what it is, where I can find some drivers for it, and if it even has drivers for Windows 7?

EDIT:  I also found the name HannStar on there, not sure if that means anything.

Hauppage ImpactVCB?

The ImpactVCB PCI boards require a bus-mastering PCI bus slot, and were designed for all PCs running WindowsXP, WindowsME, Windows2000, Windows 95, Windows98, and Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 installed. A public domain Linux driver is also available for the ImpactVCB.

1 minute ago, Zagna said:

That's what I got when I looked it up, but no, PCI, not PCIe, I'll try to upload a picture with my Dial-Up speed internet.

14 minutes ago, ZcanKal said:

That's what I got when I looked it up, but no, PCI, not PCIe, I'll try to upload a picture with my Dial-Up speed internet.

There's both a PCI and a PCIe version on  that page. PCIe version is called ImpactVCB-e.

17 minutes ago, Zagna said:

There's both a PCI and a PCIe version on  that page. PCIe version is called ImpactVCB-e.

Thank you, I found the model as ImpactVCB-00558/00166

Hauppauge were huge in the PC DVB scene in the early to mid 2000s, they made all manner of TV Cards, TV Recording Cards, Capture Cards and even Hardware DVD Encoders for systems that didn't have powerful enough CPUs to do it.

These days it will be pretty much useless, it wont have drivers for modern OSes and even if you got it working chances are it wouldn't handle any even remotely modern codecs, containers & formats.

If I were you I'd consider donating it to a YouTuber who could make a showcase about it. Its cool from a retro tech POV but entirely useless outside of that (unless you plan on starting a VHS to DVD business?).

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)