PowerColor AMD RX 580 8GB DDR5 RED DEVIL Graphics Card problem ebay advice need your help

syfer

Hi so I got my second hand PowerColor AMD RX 580 8GB DDR5 RED DEVIL Graphics Card from eBay but their are few problems.

Here is the video link 

The first is the fan only comes on during the bios boot up and when windows comes to the desk top the GPU fans go back off.

The second problem is clock speeds seems to be all over the place at boot up.  

I have looked at the bios of the card when switching oc to silent the fans don't come at all and when i switch this in oc the fans only come on at bios boot.

you can see the pic here

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1lopa301c/

so is my card faulty???????? 

Thats how most cards work these days. They turn off the fans until core reaches certain temperature (Usually around 50-60c depending on a model).

As for the core clocks - Are they stable during consistent loads? Gaming, benchamarking etc 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Problem still not defined

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, syfer said:

The first is the fan only comes on during the bios boot up and when windows comes to the desk top the GPU fans go back off.

Yeah thats normal, put a load on your card and get it up to about 50-60c and you should see them come on

5 minutes ago, syfer said:

The second problem is clock speeds seems to be all over the place at boot up.  

the clock speeds jump all over the place now because it is constantly downclocking and overclocking itself to use less power and generate less heat. its a feature! 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Oh ok my last card was not like this so this why i was wondering what software do i use to benchmark this? 

6 minutes ago, syfer said:

Oh ok my last card was not like this so this why i was wondering what software do i use to benchmark this? 

Same old stuff.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, syfer said:

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven would be a good way to test and run GPU-Z  https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ to monitor temps (click on the sensors tab) 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Ok I will try Futuremark 3DMark I have already installed. How do i know if the gpu any problem with the gpu how would one know what to look for as this my first time looking for faultfinding in gpu as a used second product.  

It seems to be working if the gpu temp are over 60 thanks all have good Christmas  and new year.

5 hours ago, syfer said:

It seems to be working if the gpu temp are over 60 thanks all have good Christmas  and new year.

Sounds good ! Merry christmas