MSI Radeon RX570 8GB Armor OC Screen glitching

kchipchase

Here's my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/t3LJ7P

Here's my problem I can't figure out.

Everything works fine except when I have both monitors plugged in and an application goes full screen. So any game, or when using Zoom for video conferencing and a screen is shared, or something like that. When that happens, I get lots of glitching across the two screens (click link for video of problem). This glitching will continue until I disconnect one monitor. I cannot reconnect the monitor until application is closed. From time to time, I also get weird effects like fonts not displaying correctly, and pink or green text. This display problem seems random and fixes itself after a few moments.

With help from the Google machine, here are the things I've tried to fix it:

(One monitor is plugged in using an HDMI cable. The other is using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable (all in one cable...no adapter)) EDIT: I'm now using two DisplayPort to HDMI cables. Issue Remains.)

• Used a different HDMI cable.
  • Plugged the DisplayPort cable into a different port on the GPU
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the Drivers from AMD's website
  • Uninstalled the drivers and installed an older version of the drivers
  • Used Display Driver Uninstaller to clean off the drivers and repeat the two things above.
  • Changed the refresh rate on the monitors
  • Changed the option on the monitor itself from "auto-detect" to manual.
  • Turing FreeSync on/off
  • Disabled Microsoft Error Reporting Services. Didn't fix, so I turned it back on.
  • Adjust the power settings. I turned PCI Express Link State Power Management to OFF
  • Checked for drivers for the monitor (I have two acer XF521Q monitors). Acer had some on their website, but when I downloaded the driver it wasn't an .exe file and I don't know what to do with the files that downloaded.

Someone suggested a power delivery issue. I have a 520W 80+ Bronze PSU. Seems like that should be enough.

Any thoughts????

Edited by kchipchase
Updated info

When you did these driver things did you use DDU in safe mode?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

When you did these driver things did you use DDU in safe mode?

Yes I did.

16 minutes ago, kchipchase said:

Yes I did.

Well I’m reduced to guessing.  One thought might be to get them not on display port out and use a DisplayPort to hdmi cable for both of them.  Costs money and might do nothing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Well I’m reduced to guessing.  One thought might be to get them not on display port out and use a DisplayPort to hdmi cable for both of them.  Costs money and might do nothing.

I've been reduced to guessing for a few weeks. I'll order another DP to HDMI cable and see what happens. At worst I'm out $10.

Is there any way its a faulty GPU?

On 12/21/2019 at 12:10 PM, Bombastinator said:

Well, I bought an identical DisplayPort to HDMI cable so both monitors are using the same kind of cable and the issue remains. Any other guesses?

27 minutes ago, kchipchase said:

Well, I bought an identical DisplayPort to HDMI cable so both monitors are using the same kind of cable and the issue remains. Any other guesses?

Not a one.  Its really likely It’s not a port or monitor issue.  After that it gets real real vague.

Could possibly be a bad GPU issue.  I don’t even have reasonable confidence of that one though.  RMAing it would be the next step.  Might not help though if it’s endemic to the card model.  I have a 580 red dragon and I don’t get these problems with multi monitor. One is on hdmi at 1080p, and the other is on x2dviD @2560x1600 though.  Says little.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I tried plugging the GPU cable into a different slot in my modular PSU. Problem remains. Trying to borrow a friend's GPU to test in my system and then I will also try to plug my GPU in their computer as well. Next step after that is an RMA on the GPU most likely.

• 6 months later...

I had the same issue (same GPU) and was hoping to find a solution here. What i ended up doing that seems to have fixed it is I changed the refresh rate on my monitors from 75hz to 60hz. Kinda sucks to not run these at thier maximum rate, but they're my 2nd and 3rd so not a huge deal.

• 1 month later...

try re installing the oldest verison of drivers [20.4.2] this might do the work  

link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.c84ff792e83c5a41c2fd0acc1ea5fe89.png

download the second