What brand of fans do you have in your case?

Geekazoid

Okay, so I'm trying to decide what brand of fans to go with for my build and I'm having some trouble on deciding. So, what I've done is added a poll to see which fan brands you guys generally go with. Commenting is not required as I can just get my answer from the poll. But if you would like to comment, by all means go right ahead. It may help in some aspect to that as well.

Thanks in advance for voting and the brands listed are the only ones that are available to me. :D

(Just found out that you can only have a max of 20 choices in a single poll :()

EDIT: Guys, I just realised that the fan brands that are listed in the poll are the ONLY brands that are available to me. I'm quite sure there are a gazillion other brands but we seemed to be a tad limited here in Australia. :(

Edited by Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

zalman here, they are stock, im lazy and cheap so yeah

editing rig has coolermaster fans as well i guess that counts.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

zalman here, they are stock, im lazy and cheap so yeah

editing rig has coolermaster fans as well i guess that counts.

Same, on Aerocool's side though. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

nzxt fans that came with the phantom 530

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Where is Foxconn?

Edit: I would go with Noctua, Corsair or Scythe Gentle Typhoon.

Where is Foxconn?

Unfortunately you can only do a max of 20 choices in a single poll. :(

this needs to be multi-option 

I have only Phanteks and Fractal, but I'm sure many others have multiple types too.

Dang it! I thought I selected the multi thingamabob. Guess I didn't. Oh well. It's fixed now anyway.

You're missing Arctic Cooling, Akasa, Be Quiet, Prolimatech, Xigmatek, and everyone's favorite: Delta Electronics.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

ppsstt, go for Noctua's fans ;) You heard nothing from me :ph34r:

Well Serious Sam, they wouldn't be in keeping with my black and white themed case that I'm going to do. :D

Stock NZXT fans from my Phantom 410 and a 120mm Sickleflow from Coolermaster for intake/HDD that should be arriving this week.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

You're missing Arctic Cooling, Akasa, Be Quiet, Prolimatech, Xigmatek, and everyone's favorite: Delta Electronics.

Read my first post, it has been edited. :)

Where's Be Quiet!?

Maybe you need to Be Quiet for me to put it up there. :P

EDIT: Read my first/original post, you'll see that they aren't available to me.

Maybe you need to Be Quiet for me to put it up there. :P

The poll is not an accurate representation of actual market share!  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ( :ph34r::D)

Heh those deltas ftw. Putting 5 120mm deltas in a define r4. It will be quiet, right? :P cus thats how that works!

Read my first post, it has been edited. :)

In the case that you're trying to decide on what fans to get, get what is appropriate and not necessarily what is popular.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm using two Corsair fans that came in my case and the default fan that came with my Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Add be quiet! to the poll, and I'll answer.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

In the case that you're trying to decide on what fans to get, get what is appropriate and not necessarily what is popular.

its 3 AM so I didn't boteher reading OP, so if this is the case 100% do this

CM fans are for noobs and @brownninja97

buy the appropriate fans insterad 

Error: 410

In my two rigs altogether, I have Cooler Master, Corsair, Noctua and Fractal Design fans.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Scythe gentle typhoons.  They're by far the most quiet best performers I've ever tried, (previously used nf-f12's and sp120s)   In terms of volume they run circles around nf-f12's.  

There's no option @Geekazoid :(

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089