What size fan is on my stock AMD FX-8300 cooler?

I measured it at 3 inches (76mm) sooooo I'm just assuming it's an "80mm" as far as specs are concerned and to just round it up?

Googling the actual size myself is proving oddly difficult; I just pull up advertisements.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

I may have measured it wrong, if my continuing research is to be true.

I measured along one side to the other. Getting conflicting info if you measure screw hole to hole, opposite corners etc.. I really just need to know what box I tick; 80mm or 70mm when looking for replacements.

If you're able to measure centers between the screw holes (horizontally or vertically, not diagonally) (assuming it's the same style of cooler that my old 8150 had - a fin stack with a standard fan stuck to the top of it), there should be 72-72.5mm between the two, and it would be an 80mm fan.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just now, Semper said:

If you're able to measure centers between the screw holes (horizontally or vertically, not diagonally) (assuming it's the same style of cooler that my old 8150 had - a fin stack with a standard fan stuck to the top of it), there should be 72-72.5mm between the two, and it would be an 80mm fan.

Weird how it's an "80mm" when it's closer to 70mm. But I guess 80mm is just the 'standard' right?

3 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

Weird how it's an "80mm" when it's closer to 70mm. But I guess 80mm is just the 'standard' right?

I never measured mine, never even used it to be quite frank, I just remember what it looked like, and I know the hole spacing for 80mm fans.

If it is indeed the same as the one boxed with my 8350, it's this fan right here that's stuck to the top of it, which appears to be listed as a 70mm fan by the manufacturer.
https://www.amazon.com/Delta-AFB0712VHB-4-Pin-70MM-Sensor/dp/B00U6V9S0Q

https://www.delta-fan.com/Download/Spec/AFB0712VHB-F00.pdf

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

• 2 weeks later...

@Semper

I ordered an 80mm and it's too fucking big.

God I hate this bullshit.

On 12/31/2019 at 4:39 PM, circeseye said:

honestly for the hot fx cpu just get this cooler...WAY better then stock. have it on 2 8350's and a 6300. BIG difference
Wraith Max Cooler

No room. I just want/need a better fan.