Off with the long programmer socks, in with the gamers - puma releases game socks

williamcll

image.png.4988e5e033bef6e2c6f83c5d58708042.png

Puma is now selling socks with console gaming in mind, how well this would actually improve your Death stranding or halo 5 performance is yet to be tested.

Have you ever wondered how much of a better gamer you could be if only you were wearing the proper attire? Probably not, but Puma's hoping you'll pay a premium for a pair of "gaming socks" nonetheless.

The official name of this new product is "Active Gaming Footwear," and they cost £80 in the UK and $160 in Australia, both equivalent to around $105 in US currency (they're not yet available in the US).

"Created with console gamers in mind, the gaming sock is the first edition Active Gaming Footwear. Designed for indoor and in-arena use, it delivers seamless comfort, support and grip so gamers can adapt to different active gaming modes and game their best," Puma says.I see no reason why a PC gamer couldn't wear them as well, except for the lack of RGB lighting. That's a real shame, because the lack of grip on my regular socks is the only reason I never attempt any jumping jacks while playing games. But without RGB lighting, can we really even call these gaming socks? That just seems silly.

I'm really bummed, because check out this list of benefits I'm missing out on:

• Medial wrap-up grip in SEEK mode
  • Lateral wrap-up support in ATTACK mode
  • Heel wrap-up stability in CRUISE and DEFENSE mode

Incidentally, this is not Puma's only gaming product. Just a few months, Puma collaborated with Playseat to develop a gaming chair, which will soon be available for $255.

If you're looking for an alternative to the gaming socks, though, I recommend these claw slippers for $12.97 from Walmart. They don't light up either, but I can personally attest they're comfy. I won't trek through the snowy peaks in Tamriel without them.

Source:https://www.pcgamer.com/pumas-gaming-socks-cost-dollar105-and-dont-even-have-rgb-lighting/

https://eu.puma.com/uk/en/pd/active-gaming-footwear/306663.html

https://au.puma.com/active-gaming-footwear-306663-01.html

Thoughts: No RGB, no buy, I could just use regular form fitting socks if I need to keep my feet warm and wrapped up in winter.

However, I think Linus will enjoy this pair with his sandals.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

53 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

No thanks, I'll stick to my pink thigh highs.

And I'll stick to my rainbow OTKs.

I'd consider getting those actually. But not because they're "gaming", they'd be nice to wear instead of slippers. 

$105 USD though? 

What are you smoking Puma. 

It's def stronger than weed or crack. 

Must have dropped down to meth. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

No thanks, I'll stick to my pink thigh highs.

I’ll stick to my naked legs 

Please continue the discussion in the existing thread:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450