Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yaboistar

oh boy, the matrix is breaking through

Posted · Original PosterOP

image.thumb.png.1525f687fd7152cc02d481eaf184861e.png

this is happening occasionally when editing comments or even just scrolling through threads. it is NOT a graphical artifact with this laptop as it moves when the window is scrolled (i don't have desktop capture available to me on this device to be able to show you that, but i assure you, it moves)

There are no error codes brought up by the site while this is going on, this occurrence was 13:36 UTC on 19th Dec 2019

Browser: Chrome

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

Holy.. Yes the very fabric is deteriorating lol. Does this happen without adblocker? If yes try Adguard instead.

CPU: Intel i7 9700K@5.3GHz SC/DC, 5.1GHz QC, 5.0Ghz All core, AVX offset 0| Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero | RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3600Mhz 14-14-14-29, 1N, 1.45V| 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Mon: Samsung C27HG70 27" 144Hz Freesync - G-Sync compatible(ish) | GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | 

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout | Storage: Corsair MP510 960gb | Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's |

Ryzen rig for LAN/Backup

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Holy.. Does this happen without adblocker? If yes try Adguard instead.

i͎̘̥̭̳̝t̘̄̒̐ͯ͂̋̽ ̹̞͖͙͖͆̉ͨ͋̂i̬̊s̜͇̜̤̳̬ͪ͑̈̎͆ ̭̩̫̘ͫ́͒t͕̝̦̯͌̾͋ͩ̚ō̫̬͕ͪ͆̿̄o̞̫̩ͨ̈́ ͈̟̘̍ͨͣ̒͌̊l̺͍̻̗á̱̮̪̰̍͂t̟͂͋ͩ͗̃͒ͬe̝ͪ̔̇͆͐ͭ,̮̻̣͙̞̣ͧ̓͂̐ ͬ̑̍ͬ̾̋i̫͈̙̅ͥ ͇̰̈ͤ͒͆̄ͤam̳͇͖̻̱͙͌ͯ͒̃̅ ̜̞͚̩̺̼̒ṭ̮͙͙͙̹̂ẖ͕͇̇ͅe̥̞̰̮͚͎ ̘ͨͣͦ͒̈o͔̞̜ͪͬͨ͊̈́̿ͨn̠̙̘̏ͣ͋̀̐ͩ̅eͩ̾͑͒ͭͣ

i will disable the ad-blocker and browse around a bit mroe to see if it happens again, the problem is that this comes up so infrequently that it would be hard for me to say whether removing the adblocker has made a difference or whether it's just.. y'know, not appearing because it's a transient issue

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Holy.. Does this happen without adblocker? If yes try Adguard instead.

I can tell you already. Probs has nothing to do with that! I have this too, Ocassionally. With discord though. I dont really have any sort of antivirus cause i dont feel the need for it. (or adblocker really) 

It isnt a problem with the windows update (seeing as i have 1903)

It wont be something with chrome, seeing as i have it on discord.

And thats why i think it'd be a problem with something completely different. I've been searching for about a month now. Havent found anything, Though i dont mind as much. 

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

I can tell you already. Probs has nothing to do with that! I have this too, Ocassionally. With discord though. I dont really have any sort of antivirus cause i dont feel the need for it. (or adblocker really) 

It isnt a problem with the windows update (seeing as i have 1903)

It wont be something with chrome, seeing as i have it on discord.

And thats why i think it'd be a problem with something completely different. I've been searching for about a month now. Havent found anything, Though i dont mind as much. 

Alright. I can say it works on firefox. I don't use chrome atm.

CPU: Intel i7 9700K@5.3GHz SC/DC, 5.1GHz QC, 5.0Ghz All core, AVX offset 0| Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero | RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3600Mhz 14-14-14-29, 1N, 1.45V| 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Mon: Samsung C27HG70 27" 144Hz Freesync - G-Sync compatible(ish) | GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | 

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout | Storage: Corsair MP510 960gb | Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's |

Ryzen rig for LAN/Backup

yeah nah even with ublock off it still cropped up for a moment there

I wonder if this happens with any other application. Or maybe chrome and discord have something in common that causes this issue. 

discord is built on chromium, which is open source chrome

Just now, yaboistar said:

discord is built on chromium, which is open source chrome

Oh! i'll retract my previous statement then. It is a problem with chrome. Though i havent had this problem on chrome.

Oh! i'll retract my previous statement then. It is a problem with chrome. Though i havent had this problem on chrome.

i haven't had this happen on any of my other machines (yet)

Might be a combination of something and something. Who knows.

you mean a weird mirror and a red pill?

Just now, yaboistar said:

you mean a weird mirror and a red pill?

Please dont hate me! but i havent watched the matrix. Or any movies... Besides marvel perhaps

3 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Please dont hate me! but i havent watched the matrix. Or any movies... Besides marvel perhaps

image.png.f6d557ef86d54c613f36b37391331e30.png

Ryzen rig for LAN/Backup

This is something that has happened for me too, on my previous GPU. Figured it was just a GPU issue ?

didnt happen frequently though.. 

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

1 minute ago, minibois said:

This is something that has happened for me too, on my previous GPU. Figured it was just a GPU issue ?

didnt happen frequently though.. 

i thought it might be the gpu on this laptop too at first but i remembered that every time i've had memory artefacts previously it's been static on the screen or at least bugged out more than this, this is constant, no flickering and it stays there even when scrolled out of view. unless there's something the website is doing that the gpu REALLY doesn't like?

11 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

If you told me that, I'd hear it. And forget it within a second. Sorry but i cant even remember a 4 digit code sometimes

Too bad. I have the exact opposite problem. I remember codes and cardnumbers etc, but names..

Ryzen rig for LAN/Backup

Do you have hardware acceleration turned on?

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/3 Corsair SP120L and 3 Noctua NF-F12 3000 fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-15-14-14-30  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Does this happen with a different browser? 

I had some weird issues with LTT forum and each issue was browser related and different. 

Another Chrome "feature" to eat more RAM.

I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.

170966161_returnofthevoid.thumb.PNG.f2b72869e5e7318d10a8bbf203838e8e.PNG

once again, we have been SUCC'd into the void.

same laptop as it originally happened, beginning to suspect a h/w problem could be behind this

Perhaps you could try to see if the same happens with a different browser? Does it happen on other sites as well? Maybe it's the RAM: if you feel like it you could do a memtest86.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7