Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msknight

Socks for gamers

5 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

lemme just break my ankles rq

You could just...... get them from amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Pilates-Hospital-Adults-3-Pair/dp/B06WW9SLB2/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=anti%2Bslip%2Bsocks&qid=1576763927&sr=8-10&th=1&psc=1

Unless you dont live in the US, then it'd be cheaper to go through a European healthcare system to get these *badum tiss*

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You could just...... get them from amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Pilates-Hospital-Adults-3-Pair/dp/B06WW9SLB2/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=anti%2Bslip%2Bsocks&qid=1576763927&sr=8-10&th=1&psc=1

Unless you dont live in the US, then it'd be cheaper to go through a European healthcare system to get these *badum tiss*

Untitled.png

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

12 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i feel ticklish just by looking at them ¡-¡

-snip-

Having worn hospital socks, i can confirm theyre a bit weird at first but very natural once and great you get past the texture

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

:D

I know this is stupid but it actually makes sense if I understand how it's supposed to work. 

When I play RocketLeague my toes get the most workout (from all the tension) so this may be somehow related to that???

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

:D

I know this is stupid but it actually makes sense if I understand how it's supposed to work. 

When I play RocketLeague my toes get the most workout (from all the tension) so this may be somehow related to that???

My understanding is what puma does is they take every single sport on earth no matter how odd and do a bunch of testing on professionals to determine what part the feet play in that sport and exactly what they do (which in this case is basically nothing) and attempt to make a shoe that helps as much as possible.  Apparently toe stretching was the best they could do.  That whole pedals thing is something the testers would probably leap at with joy.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

im fine with some gamer socks, but only if they were gaming themed socks, this is just dumb

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

8 minutes ago, themaniac said:

im fine with some gamer socks, but only if they were gaming themed socks, this is just dumb

I suspect the testers think so as well.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, yaboistar said:

as dumb as this is......

they do be lookin' kinda fresh doe 👀👀

(no but really, this might be useful for me as my feet slip around on my flight pedals and that really screws with the flight characteristics of my ship in elite sometimes, especially when doing very closely-matched PvP)

It's just an overpriced "slipper sock". You can find lots of other brands on Amazon that are much cheaper.

Better than sandals with socks

PC SPECS

Cpu: Ryzen 7 3700x

Gpu: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Case: NZXT H500

Psu: Corsair TXM 650W

Cooling:  AMD prism cooler, Corsair ll120 x 3

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB 3200 MHz

I mean, regardless of the "gamer" branding, isnt this just like an indoor slipper? It is not a "sock", since it has a solid rubber sole. The upper is knitted, like many sneakers are these days.

Looks comfortable... if it was like half the price, I would consider it.

For $80, no way.

I would buy this if it didn't say "for indoor use only".  I want a shoe that's close to barefoot, doesn't have laces / velcro, and can get me to and from my car in the parking lot. I wear Ultraboost Laceless anyways but it gets hot after a while, so you can sometimes find me roaming the office in my socks.  I tell people I practically live there anyways so might as well make myself comfortable.

For actual gaming I wear thick long socks. My feet have shit circulation and I like them toasty warm.

Workstation: 9900KF @ 5.0Ghz || ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate || Gigabyte 1080Ti || G.Skill DDR4-3800 @ 3600 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 8600K@ 4.9Ghz || Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 9  || EVGA Titan X (Maxwell) || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad push only.

Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.7Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB || PicoPSU 250W, running on AX1200i from Server Storage || CPU watercooled, 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Server VM/Plex/HTTPS: E5-2699v4 (22 core!) || Asus X99m WS || GT 630 || Corsair RM650x || CPU watercooled, 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Server Storage: Pent. G3220 || Z87 Gryphon mATX || || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 4x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 3x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i (drives) Corsair RM450 (machine) || CPU watercooled, 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Intel 8350U).

Here is that website, can ask them questions about the gaming socks.

https://eu.puma.com/uk/en/pd/active-gaming-footwear/306663.html#

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Hmmm.........Those look comfy enough for space travel. I'd buy a couple pairs for a trip for indoors on the SLS to the moon, Starliner/Dragon 2 to Mars, or some deep-space mission to Proxima Centari involving hibernation pods 🚀💤

Just look at them, they would make the perfect companion footwear to Reebok and Under Armor space boots:

Spoiler

Image result for puma gamer shoes

under-armour-01.jpg?w=683&h=437&crop=1

55-93895-3-shoes-1489027977.jpg

10 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Goes well with this totally not a rocking chair.

Got a rocking chair in my house left over from at least my great grandmother.  It’s called the nursing chair.  It a low wise backed rocker with no arms.  Supposed to be fantastic for nursing babies.  The rule is it is to be given to the first person to have a baby.  No one had babies so as the eldest I wound up with it.  This by definition means the chair is for those maybe 15-45.  A lot like that one.

I personally wear boots so that the ergonomics between my chair and my enlarged (custom cut) keyboard+mouse tray is ergonomically setup, but most of my friends swear by programming socks. 

2 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Again, I'll stick to my pink thigh highs, thank you very much.

I look terrible in pink thigh highs

Well, I guess this is what happens when the masses buy other "gaming" gear that doesn't need to be labeled as such like chairs, glasses, headsets, etc. 

When I saw the heading I assumed they would be a type of compression sock. Like ones you get in hospital or for long flights to help prevent blood clots when sitting/lying for hours upon end and not being able to get up and move.

5820K 4.0GHz | NH D15S | 32 GB RAM | Titan V | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

These will go nicely with my gaming underwear.

Xeon E3-1241 @3.9GHz, 1.07V | Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1 | G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 | MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4GB @1350MHz/2150MHz, 1.09V/.975V | Crucial MX100 256GB | WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM | EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold | CM Hyper 212+ w/ Noctua F12 | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Windows 10 Retail