Workstation Build Advice

Hi!

I am planning to build a new PC, since my 5-year-old current build is not up for the job anymore. I mainly use Adobe software (AE, PS, Pr, Lr etc.) and I frequently do mid-heavy 3D rendering with Blender. Gaming every now and then. I would like to go for an mATX build. Budget is around 2000€. Below is a list of the parts I've considered. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($339.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($136.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock X570M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($184.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($443.47 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1744.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-18 18:17 EST-0500

I've been doing a lot of research during the past few days, and oh boy has the PC tech advanced so much in the past 5 years. I have a couple of questions regarding some components:

1. Currently in Finland, ASRock is the only brand selling X570 AM4 mATX motherboards. Does anyone know if there are other similar boards coming soon from big brands or does Finland just suck on this regard? Is the ASRock board good enough or should I wait a bit longer and hope other ones arrive here? 

2. I am planning to use the Samsung M.2 SSD as the main drive for OS and programs, but I need another drive for all the raw images and video files, so what would people suggest as the 2nd drive? The 2TB Intel 660p will fill up quickly (I have roughly around 1 TB of data on my current HDD and I will transfer those). What would be the most optimal way of storing raw images and video files these days?

3. Water cooling is a completely new thing to me. Is the Corsair one good for heavy workloads or could the AMD stock cooler do the job?

Thanks in advance!

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

If you get a cpu cooler there’s no reason to buy an “x” cpu.  Most of the price difference is the higher end stock cooler which is actually decent I understand.  The 3xxx series doesn’t really overclock for beans anyway so a big cooler is a bit pointless.  Also an nvme and an ssd seems strange. 
Cut the ssd and the cooler entirely, add the remainder of your spare budget and you could go from a 3800xto a 3900x or 3950x.  The stock cooler actually is a hair light for the 3950x  but it’s got the best on-air single core on the planet and all those tasty tasty threads.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

18 hours ago, Slottr said:
Adobe CC performs better on intel chips too, so thats a plus

EDIT: had it in us ?

All the videos I've seen comparing Intel and AMD cpus show significantly better render times with AMD. Basically everyone is saying avoid Intel when doing anything else other than gaming. Am I missing something? 

Oh wow, I didn't even know PCPartPicker supports other countries too. 

1 minute ago, Frankidor said:

All the videos I've seen comparing Intel and AMD cpus show significantly better render times with AMD. Basically everyone is saying avoid Intel when doing anything else other than gaming. Am I missing something? 

I don't have much video editing experience, but I primarily use Lr, Ps, Ai, Id and between my home system (3600) and a work computer (8700) the apps are just snappier. Previews process faster and images are able to render more efficiently with the 8700

Granted, I don't have an issue with this between the ryzen chips and intel chips. I give no damns as it doesn't change my workflow up much. Just thought the information would help

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I don't have much video editing experience, but I primarily use Lr, Ps, Ai, Id and between my home system (3600) and a work computer (8700) the apps are just snappier. Previews process faster and images are able to render more efficiently with the 8700

Granted, I don't have an issue with this between the ryzen chips and intel chips. I give no damns as it doesn't change my workflow up much. Just thought the information would help

This is really good to know! All reviews tend to focus only on rendering, but not the actual workflow inside other apps like the ones you've listed. Lightroom can be a pain if it starts to slow down when creating previews, I've experienced that before. This has given me more food for thought. I will do more research. Thanks for the info!

52 minutes ago, Frankidor said:

Timeframe.  The brand new ryzen stuff is the first time AMD has had parity with intel in a long long time.  The old stuff is not the ew stuff

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.